Page 1 of 2

CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:22 pm
by niceguy2005
I am noticing that my CV's aren't repairing at ports without ship yards, while some of my BBs are. Is there some rule that you have to have a repiar yard to lower sys damage on a CV?

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:24 pm
by ltfightr
As I understand it the chance of repair in a port without a shipyard is totally random.

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:27 pm
by RUPD3658
My ships seem to do nothing for the first week then repair rapidly after that.

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:38 pm
by pauk
you can try with creating CV TF and disbanding again that CV tf in the same turn... i've heard here in boards that this could help[&:]

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:00 pm
by DFalcon

Shake a chicken bone at the monitor and say "ababa fixum" three times fast then end your turn. It works sometimes for me.

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:07 pm
by pauk
well, we are all different, i guess...

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:10 pm
by treespider
I prefer -

Mecha lecha hi, mecha heiney ho

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:13 pm
by pauk
as i said - we are all different....

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:53 pm
by niceguy2005
ORIGINAL: DFalcon


Shake a chicken bone at the monitor and say "ababa fixum" three times fast then end your turn. It works sometimes for me.
All ready tried that, though I had no idea it might help with ship repair. [:'(]

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:59 pm
by wworld7
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

ORIGINAL: DFalcon


Shake a chicken bone at the monitor and say "ababa fixum" three times fast then end your turn. It works sometimes for me.
All ready tried that, though I had no idea it might help with ship repair. [:'(]

You need a quarter cup of eye-of-newt

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:09 pm
by DFalcon
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

All ready tried that, though I had no idea it might help with ship repair. [:'(]

It really is a fix all solution for any random event, or windows problem.

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:11 pm
by Mynok

Ooooo.......PanaceaWare! [:D]

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:13 pm
by RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

ORIGINAL: DFalcon


Shake a chicken bone at the monitor and say "ababa fixum" three times fast then end your turn. It works sometimes for me.
All ready tried that, though I had no idea it might help with ship repair. [:'(]


Sacrifices and burnt offering help too. Jingling keys in front of the monitor helps drive out the bad mojo.

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:30 pm
by BrucePowers
Contemplate the CV repair young grasshopper. Imagine the workmen scurrying about the deck with welders in hand. Become one with the digital aircraft carrier to premote healing.[:D]

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:26 pm
by niceguy2005
So...I take it no one has any serious advise aye? [;)][8|]

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:30 pm
by wworld7
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

So...I take it no one has any serious advise aye? [;)][8|]
I usually pray to the repair Gods.
This is no joke.

Sometimes it is quick and others it takes 2 weeks for the last 1 point of SYS damage.

Flipper

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:32 pm
by RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

So...I take it no one has any serious advise aye? [;)][8|]

Give it time. Nothing seems to happen forthe first few days but then things pick up. Also, move out any other damaged ships so that the port focuses on the CV. Can't prove it but it seems the ship with the highest SYS damage gets the most attention regardless of ship class so move the AK/APs somwhere else.

Of course ARs and Naval HQs help too. I can attest to this.

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:42 pm
by niceguy2005
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

So...I take it no one has any serious advise aye? [;)][8|]

Give it time. Nothing seems to happen forthe first few days but then things pick up. Also, move out any other damaged ships so that the port focuses on the CV. Can't prove it but it seems the ship with the highest SYS damage gets the most attention regardless of ship class so move the AK/APs somwhere else.

Of course ARs and Naval HQs help too. I can attest to this.
Interesting you bring this up. I am finding that the CVs don't repair as long as there are other damaged ships in port with them, even when the CV has twice the level of damage of any other ship. Apparently an AK with a backed up toilet takes priority over a CV with a bomb hole in the flight deck.

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:56 pm
by BrucePowers
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

So...I take it no one has any serious advise aye? [;)][8|]

At least from me that would definitely be a NO.[:D]

RE: CV Repair

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:00 am
by Kadrin
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

Apparently an AK with a backed up toilet takes priority over a CV with a bomb hole in the flight deck.


Bomb hole? Or brand new swimming pool for the crew?