Page 1 of 1

Opponent sought for game

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:34 pm
by SGT Swanson
Will play either side.

CHS 2d w/ Extended map and Nik mod Game version: 1.802

Scen. 157 (w/o Soviet Fleet)
Scen. 158 (w/ Soviet Fleet)

House Rules:

PDUs: ON
1st Turn Surprise: ON
Historical 1st Turn: Can be discussed
Auto Sub Ops: OFF
Reinforcements: Can be discussed (I normaly use "Historical" but will play with "Variable" for a change of pace)

No Disbanding of Air in USA or HI to boost Pilot Pools (Allied advantage)
No invasion of Russia to turn off Manchuria Garrison requiremnets
No more than 6 ships in a ASW TF
No Allied 4E bombers below 5000' on Naval attack (their too effective still, even with the Nik mod)
No spliting of LCUs in combat (same hex as enemy)
No partial unit moes to cut off retreat paths (game engine bug)

Spending PPs to move units to palces not historically done is fine.

On a planning level we can allow the Japs to plan the 1st turn as they see fit for a "Bar room brawl" type of game using the above house rules.

I can do 1 turn a day, plus more on the weekends (except this coming one, going away till Sunday night).

Looking for someone to play a good game while not taking advantage of game engine deficeincies. I don't consider unusual tactics to be gamey. Taking advantage of known issues with the engine IS considered as gamey.


RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:09 am
by scott64
What is scen 156? Might be interested. [:'(]




RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:23 am
by SGT Swanson
My fault. I edited my post. It's either scen 157 (w/o Soviet Fleet) or scen 158 (w/ Soviet Fleet)

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:36 pm
by SGT Swanson
BUMP[:)]

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:02 pm
by Charbroiled
email sent.

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:48 pm
by SGT Swanson
Got it and replied.

Just lest me know when your ready to start.

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:33 am
by SGT Swanson
bump again

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:02 pm
by sermil
Are you still looking for an opponent? I'd play the allies against you considering that you're looking for a tough game. I've sent you my email.

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:34 pm
by SGT Swanson
Sorry, but someone else beat you to it.  4 games are enough for me right now.
 
Good luck in finding a game.

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:35 pm
by SGT Swanson
Oppnoents found.  Thread closed.  Thanks for all your responses.

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:17 pm
by SGT Swanson
BUMP back to the top.
 
Looking for a Jap player (see original at top for details)[:)]

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:23 pm
by AU Tiger_MatrixForum
What are your requirements for turns/week? I have been interested in a PBEM but I would have erratic turn-arounds due to work and school commitments. Also, if you are looking for a challenge, I probably am not your guy as I have never done a PBEM before except for Battleground Gettysburg sometime back.

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:41 pm
by SGT Swanson
Experience doesn't bother me.  You can ask questions, and I'll do my best to help you have a better gaming experience.
 
If you can squeeze in at least 3 turns a week, that would be great.  I understand wanting to finish school.  And that should come first.
 
You can Email me at Sgt.Swanson@leswanson.org

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:30 am
by AU Tiger_MatrixForum
email sent.

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:04 am
by AU Tiger_MatrixForum
test for avatar

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:38 am
by scott64
Test, Testing, Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3, Testing, Testing [:'(]






RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:50 am
by AU Tiger_MatrixForum
ORIGINAL: scott1964

Test, Testing, Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3, Testing, Testing [:'(]






There's always one in the crowd....

Usually it's me! [;)]

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:48 pm
by SGT Swanson
Guess someone else beat you to it this time.[:'(]

RE: Opponent sought for game

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:50 am
by AU Tiger_MatrixForum
This game is still open. I don't have the free time to teach myself the Jap side having never played them before.