Page 1 of 1

R&D question

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:06 pm
by ElvisDaKing
Hi All

I have some concerns about one of my R&D program
I am currently playing PBEM on 20/April 1943 with 5 full R&D factories researching D4Y3 : production date on June 1943...

As per my estimation, i will reach exactly 100% on 30th April 1944, which means that next day i will advance by 1 month D4Y3 production date, from June to May 1943...
But next day is actually 1st May 1943...

I am afraid that my 5 R&D factories will automatically be changed production factories, which obvioulsy i don t want...

Is there any way to avoid this ?

RE: R&D question

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:46 pm
by DanSez
Well...

5 factories

How many do you want to go into production?

I would move 2 or 3 on to the next model this turn leaving only 2 or 3 that could flip into production. You would get one more turn of R&D rather than waiting till next.

This is from dim memory as I am currently playing a PBEM with Realistic R&D setting OFF, partially to avoid this issue.
Turn PRODUCTION OFF for ALL of those that remain which gives you a one turn window to flip from completed line to another R&D. If ONE factory produces a plane, the others will not be able flip. I think I ran into this in a game against the AI and had to back up a turn to fix the settings.

Good luck, I am sure some other more experienced player will either verify or shoot down the above.