Page 1 of 1
Unusual request
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:28 pm
by Chris21wen
Has anybody got an AI save of scen #1 or #2 from around mid 44 they can send me. I lost the one I had and want it to test stuff with.
v11.26a only please.
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:27 am
by BananaConvention
I think you're the only person running 26A. We've all moved on!
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:12 am
by Chris21wen
BananaConvention wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:27 am
I think you're the only person running 26A. We've all moved on!
Looks like I'll need to as well then So wat is it 27 now. That will do.
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:21 pm
by BananaConvention
Don't do 27!! It's a disaster right now. Go with 26B. That's what 90% of us are playing.
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:39 am
by Chris21wen
Didn't realise 27a wasn't the latest. Version I've got is 27.2? Is that the latest?
I I did have 27 installed when it was first released but did not like what it was doing so reverted back, this is when I lost all my saves had previously.
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:51 am
by BBfanboy
27 is still in Beta and a lot of issues have been found in user testing. They are still being fixed and retested.
1126a or b are the lost official releases.
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:05 pm
by Thogode
BananaConvention wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:21 pm
Don't do 27!! It's a disaster right now. Go with 26B. That's what 90% of us are playing.
Where cound I download 26b?
On the matrix site there is only 26a and 27.2.
Any hint would be appreciated.
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:02 pm
by RangerJoe
Thogode wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:05 pm
BananaConvention wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:21 pm
Don't do 27!! It's a disaster right now. Go with 26B. That's what 90% of us are playing.
Where cound I download 26b?
On the matrix site there is only 26a and 27.2.
Any hint would be appreciated.
It is not an "official" patch so . . .
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... p?t=226197
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:31 pm
by Thogode
[/quote]
It is not an "official" patch so . . .
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... p?t=226197
[/quote]
Many thanks for your quick and very helpful answer.
This forum is still one of the best of all the Matrix forums.
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:49 pm
by RangerJoe
Thogode wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:31 pm
Many thanks for your quick and very helpful answer.
This forum is still one of the best of all the Matrix forums.
You are most welcome.
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:04 am
by Chris21wen
I'm doing something really stupid here but I can't get the 26 beta to run. I've installed it and got a beta folder but when I run the 26b exe via via a shortcut I get unable to find pw data.
If I copy the beta exe to main folder it runs but it's not running the beta but 26a?
If I change the start in location of the shortcut it runs but again with 26a?
If I put the pwhexe.dat file in the beta folder it runs but I get 26a?
I'm confused?
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:55 am
by Chris21wen
Antbody?
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:12 am
by JanSako
First thought - does it run when you launch the exe directly from the Beta folder, without the shortcut?
(shortcut issue or EXE issue)
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:52 am
by Chris21wen
JanSako wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:12 am
First thought - does it run when you launch the exe directly from the Beta folder, without the shortcut?
(shortcut issue or EXE issue)
No, it can't set screen mode. Although I copied the beta exe to the main folder I never tried running it directly. I can fix this by changing it to run in window 8 compatibily mode and then changing it back, which is odd but I'll leave that. Now I've seen this I know the beta is working.
The reason I thought it wasn't is the beta say version is 1.8.11.26a - sep 17 2016 17.03.37 and I expected to say 27b or 27beta or some such. I never looked at the dates which are different.
Problem solved.
Thanks
Re: Unusual request
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:53 am
by Chris21wen
Oh back to original request any late 43 or early AI save anyone.