Unusual request

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
Chris21wen
Posts: 7901
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Unusual request

Post by Chris21wen »

Has anybody got an AI save of scen #1 or #2 from around mid 44 they can send me. I lost the one I had and want it to test stuff with.

v11.26a only please.
User avatar
BananaConvention
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:04 pm
Location: March ARB, CA

Re: Unusual request

Post by BananaConvention »

I think you're the only person running 26A. We've all moved on!
Jochen Heiden

My WitP Tutorial Playlist:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFaQ ... Q9HG1hSiAG

Join my Discord Server! Over 1600 members and growing DAILY!
https://discord.gg/v4A9STzW7R
Chris21wen
Posts: 7901
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Re: Unusual request

Post by Chris21wen »

BananaConvention wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:27 am I think you're the only person running 26A. We've all moved on!
Looks like I'll need to as well then So wat is it 27 now. That will do.
User avatar
BananaConvention
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:04 pm
Location: March ARB, CA

Re: Unusual request

Post by BananaConvention »

Don't do 27!! It's a disaster right now. Go with 26B. That's what 90% of us are playing.
Jochen Heiden

My WitP Tutorial Playlist:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFaQ ... Q9HG1hSiAG

Join my Discord Server! Over 1600 members and growing DAILY!
https://discord.gg/v4A9STzW7R
Chris21wen
Posts: 7901
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Re: Unusual request

Post by Chris21wen »

Didn't realise 27a wasn't the latest. Version I've got is 27.2? Is that the latest?

I I did have 27 installed when it was first released but did not like what it was doing so reverted back, this is when I lost all my saves had previously.
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20762
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Unusual request

Post by BBfanboy »

27 is still in Beta and a lot of issues have been found in user testing. They are still being fixed and retested.
1126a or b are the lost official releases.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
Thogode
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: North Germany

Re: Unusual request

Post by Thogode »

BananaConvention wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:21 pm Don't do 27!! It's a disaster right now. Go with 26B. That's what 90% of us are playing.
Where cound I download 26b?
On the matrix site there is only 26a and 27.2.

Any hint would be appreciated.
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: Unusual request

Post by RangerJoe »

Thogode wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:05 pm
BananaConvention wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:21 pm Don't do 27!! It's a disaster right now. Go with 26B. That's what 90% of us are playing.
Where cound I download 26b?
On the matrix site there is only 26a and 27.2.

Any hint would be appreciated.
It is not an "official" patch so . . .

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... p?t=226197
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
Thogode
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: North Germany

Re: Unusual request

Post by Thogode »

[/quote]

It is not an "official" patch so . . .

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... p?t=226197
[/quote]

Many thanks for your quick and very helpful answer.
This forum is still one of the best of all the Matrix forums.
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: Unusual request

Post by RangerJoe »

Thogode wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:31 pm

It is not an "official" patch so . . .

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... p?t=226197
Many thanks for your quick and very helpful answer.
This forum is still one of the best of all the Matrix forums.
You are most welcome.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
Chris21wen
Posts: 7901
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Re: Unusual request

Post by Chris21wen »

I'm doing something really stupid here but I can't get the 26 beta to run. I've installed it and got a beta folder but when I run the 26b exe via via a shortcut I get unable to find pw data.

If I copy the beta exe to main folder it runs but it's not running the beta but 26a?

If I change the start in location of the shortcut it runs but again with 26a?

If I put the pwhexe.dat file in the beta folder it runs but I get 26a?

I'm confused?
Chris21wen
Posts: 7901
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Re: Unusual request

Post by Chris21wen »

Antbody?
JanSako
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:06 pm

Re: Unusual request

Post by JanSako »

First thought - does it run when you launch the exe directly from the Beta folder, without the shortcut?

(shortcut issue or EXE issue)
Chris21wen
Posts: 7901
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Re: Unusual request

Post by Chris21wen »

JanSako wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:12 am First thought - does it run when you launch the exe directly from the Beta folder, without the shortcut?

(shortcut issue or EXE issue)
No, it can't set screen mode. Although I copied the beta exe to the main folder I never tried running it directly. I can fix this by changing it to run in window 8 compatibily mode and then changing it back, which is odd but I'll leave that. Now I've seen this I know the beta is working.

The reason I thought it wasn't is the beta say version is 1.8.11.26a - sep 17 2016 17.03.37 and I expected to say 27b or 27beta or some such. I never looked at the dates which are different.

Problem solved.

Thanks
Chris21wen
Posts: 7901
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Re: Unusual request

Post by Chris21wen »

Oh back to original request any late 43 or early AI save anyone.
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”