Page 1 of 1
First Full Campaign Ai
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:12 pm
by kirtley9
I have started a couple of games now as the allies just to get used to everything, both games ended in 43. I've also been playing with just the base game, no patches/mods. Now I want to try to complete a full campaign as the allies and I just wanted some advice on what would be the best scenario to download that would present a decent challenge for the allies, not expecting anything insanely difficult just enough to keep me on my toes.
If I just use the newest public beta does that have better ai? I was also considering playing BabesLite A would that be good enough or does that have the same ai scripts as the base game?
Re: First Full Campaign Ai
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:03 pm
by RedConkristador
kirtley9 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:12 pm
I have started a couple of games now as the allies just to get used to everything, both games ended in 43. I've also been playing with just the base game, no patches/mods. Now I want to try to complete a full campaign as the allies and I just wanted some advice on what would be the best scenario to download that would present a decent challenge for the allies, not expecting anything insanely difficult just enough to keep me on my toes.
If I just use the newest public beta does that have better ai? I was also considering playing BabesLite A would that be good enough or does that have the same ai scripts as the base game?
There's no "AI" in the game. The computer's actions are condition-based scripts. The only way to get 'better' (or actual AI) is to have a LLM or AI assistant to run the turns for you. It's technically feasible but somewhat cumbersome.
Re: First Full Campaign Ai
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:36 pm
by PaxMondo
kirtley9 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:12 pm
I have started a couple of games now as the allies just to get used to everything, both games ended in 43. I've also been playing with just the base game, no patches/mods. Now I want to try to complete a full campaign as the allies and I just wanted some advice on what would be the best scenario to download that would present a decent challenge for the allies, not expecting anything insanely difficult just enough to keep me on my toes.
If I just use the newest public beta does that have better ai? I was also considering playing BabesLite A would that be good enough or does that have the same ai scripts as the base game?
There is only one set of scripts, and they work best with Scen1 or 2. 1127 or 1128 doesn't matter to the AI. Play on VH for a balanced game, anything less the human player gets advantages that the AI does not.

Re: First Full Campaign Ai
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:25 am
by kirtley9
RedConkristador wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:03 pm
kirtley9 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:12 pm
I have started a couple of games now as the allies just to get used to everything, both games ended in 43. I've also been playing with just the base game, no patches/mods. Now I want to try to complete a full campaign as the allies and I just wanted some advice on what would be the best scenario to download that would present a decent challenge for the allies, not expecting anything insanely difficult just enough to keep me on my toes.
If I just use the newest public beta does that have better ai? I was also considering playing BabesLite A would that be good enough or does that have the same ai scripts as the base game?
There's no "AI" in the game. The computer's actions are condition-based scripts. The only way to get 'better' (or actual AI) is to have a LLM or AI assistant to run the turns for you. It's technically feasible but somewhat cumbersome.
Sorry should have specified scripts, I meant ai in the opponent/bot/enemy sense not ai agent, I did read a couple of older threads on the topic so was vaguely aware it was a script thing.
PaxMondo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:36 pm
kirtley9 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:12 pm
I have started a couple of games now as the allies just to get used to everything, both games ended in 43. I've also been playing with just the base game, no patches/mods. Now I want to try to complete a full campaign as the allies and I just wanted some advice on what would be the best scenario to download that would present a decent challenge for the allies, not expecting anything insanely difficult just enough to keep me on my toes.
If I just use the newest public beta does that have better ai? I was also considering playing BabesLite A would that be good enough or does that have the same ai scripts as the base game?
There is only one set of scripts, and they work best with Scen1 or 2. 1127 or 1128 doesn't matter to the AI. Play on VH for a balanced game, anything less the human player gets advantages that the AI does not.
That makes sense, thanks. I think in that case I'll just play on VH and if it doesn't matter what patch I use I'll just go with the latest.
Re: First Full Campaign Ai
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:09 am
by Yaab
Any campaign scenario will do.
I play scen001 as Allies, Normal difficulty but I house rule myself against AI. I use house rules to make up for some of the game's unrealistic mechanics like universal supply, fuel as cargo in xAK ships, 2E/4E bombers on CAS missions etc.
Re: First Full Campaign Ai
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:00 pm
by kirtley9
That's a good idea, I'll definitely implement some similar rules that I have to follow