Search found 7 matches

by aagenbag2
Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:39 pm
Forum: Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers
Topic: Pbem pc against Linux... Options?
Replies: 4
Views: 216

Pbem pc against Linux... Options?

<t> Hi,<br/>
<br/>
I have a Windows pc and want to play a pbem game against a friend who runs Linux. Something like Battle Academy would have been ideal, but this does not work on Linx (using wine).<br/>
<br/>
Any ideas of a good WWII turn based game that can be used to play pbem across windows ...
by aagenbag2
Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:38 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: "Hold Fire"on ipad edition...?
Replies: 3
Views: 1778

RE: "Hold Fire"on ipad edition...?

<t> Thanks Ian, that makes sense.<br/>
<br/>
So, a quick question on visibility then:<br/>
<br/>
If I deploy a tank directly on a hill before the first "real turn", will that tank be visible or hidden on the first real turn? From my experience on the "Hold the pass" mission, it looks like ...
by aagenbag2
Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:44 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: "Hold Fire"on ipad edition...?
Replies: 3
Views: 1778

"Hold Fire"on ipad edition...?

<t> Hi guys,<br/>
<br/>
Have been playing Battle Academy for ipad for the last week and have almost finished the desert campaign.<br/>
<br/>
I am confused though... On one of the defensive missions, I deploy my tank units to the hills and tell them to hold fire. However, as soon as an enemy unit ...
by aagenbag2
Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Can we see whats happening behind the scenes?
Replies: 2
Views: 395

RE: Can we see whats happening behind the scenes?

Thank you sir!
This may indeed turn out to be more details than I can handle, but I'm looking forward to try to figure it out. There goes my next weekend...[:)]

by aagenbag2
Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:03 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Can we see whats happening behind the scenes?
Replies: 2
Views: 395

Can we see whats happening behind the scenes?

<t> Hi there,<br/>
<br/>
I have spent the past weekend learning to play TOAW and while it is slow going, I am making progress.<br/>
<br/>
However, I am wondering if it is possible to see the mechanics of each combat, in order to better understand the outcomes? Ideally I'd like to see each unit's ...
by aagenbag2
Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:48 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Trying to figure out supply
Replies: 11
Views: 537

RE: Trying to figure out supply

<t> Thanks all - this is useful stuff!<br/>
<br/>
Any thoughts on a good document that describes the mechanics in detail? Most of the beginners-guides I have seen try to explain the game in a simple way, which I suppose is good. But by glossing over some of the details, it just confuses me more! I ...
by aagenbag2
Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:14 pm
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Trying to figure out supply
Replies: 11
Views: 537

Trying to figure out supply

<t> I'm brand new to the wargaming hobby, and brand new to TOAW... and hoping someone can help me with a very specific question on supply:<br/>
<br/>
I understand how supply propagates around theh map. What I don't understand is how the supply number on the map impacts my unit's supply.<br/>
<br ...

Go to advanced search