Search found 8 matches

by goron
Tue May 17, 2022 5:58 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: [1.0.3.7][1.0.4.1][1.0.4.3]Character Image Flickering
Replies: 3
Views: 540

Re: [1.0.3.7][1.0.4.1]Character Image Flickering


I think it's related to old video drivers for amd r9 200 series. Try to update.


I have had updated drivers, but switched to "Amernime Zone Radeon Insight" after reports that the modded drivers would fix some of the CTD I encounter. I will try to revert to the original drivers and report back ...
by goron
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:23 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: [1.0.3.7] Avira Free Antivirus reported HEUR/APC
Replies: 0
Views: 817

[1.0.3.7] Avira Free Antivirus reported HEUR/APC

FYI Avira Free Antivirus Version 1.1.64.27947 has quarantined DistantWorlds2.exe because it detected "HEUR/APC"

I checked with Virustotal https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/4223a70cc479f9df19da114c05fc9f846868981b92520869cbed83e93325caa2
and no scanner (including Avira) detect any virus

So i ...
by goron
Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:22 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: [1.0.3.7][1.0.4.1][1.0.4.3]Character Image Flickering
Replies: 3
Views: 540

[1.0.3.7][1.0.4.1][1.0.4.3]Character Image Flickering

Hi,

the character images flicker. It seems that the image is composed of the charackter, the foreground and the outside image, and the background image. The background image is removed, reloaded and rescaled every few seconds resulting in a flickering of the composed image.

See attached Video ...
by goron
Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:41 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: [1.0.2.0] Crash informatioin
Replies: 4
Views: 586

Re: [1.0.2.0] Crash informatioin

Setting "GraphicsStreamingMemoryBudget ;4096" in GameSettingsOverrides.txt has improved.

I played ~30, and closed the game to report. Before the Game crashed most times withhin 5 Minutes.
by goron
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:52 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: [1.0.2.0] Crash informatioin
Replies: 4
Views: 586

Re: [1.0.2.4] Crash informatioin

Started a new Game with 1.0.2.4 (Including resetting the Game Settings)

Game crashed after ~10 Minutes directly after reporting the first Hyperdrive Jump
The error is also a System.AccessViolationException at SharpDX.Direct3D11.Device.CreateTexture2D

no CrashDump. But SaveGame, EventLog ...
by goron
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:42 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: [1.0.2.0] Crash informatioin
Replies: 4
Views: 586

Re: [1.0.2.0] Crash informatioin


This looks very much like my crashes when battles occur and projectiles hit, can you confirm this? Does it still happen on 1.0.2.2?


I had the same stack trace on 1.0.2.2 and 1.0.2.3.
I reported today via https://forms.gle/iYDC4y5zggfGVAzQ7
(but used an other e-mail-address, not the one used ...
by goron
Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:19 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: unable to play as user
Replies: 4
Views: 190

unable to play as user

<t> Hi,<br/>
<br/>
I have a problem running Distant Worlds Shadow on Windows 7. <br/>
<br/>
I installed Distant Worlds and all add-ons as non-Admin user (the istaller asked for the <br/>
Admin password) in a directory which is not the default one. I also updated by running the<br/>
updater ...

Go to advanced search