Search found 164 matches

by sfatula
Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:19 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

So, Pax, if you are going to build 300 Georges a month, you are telling me that rather than the research groups being all the optimal 30 size, you are going to addon 270 more factories for one group? Is that correct? That is pretty expensive if so! I was not suggesting that one should change them a ...
by sfatula
Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:13 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

So, say you need 20 more Georges per month (just an example, that's likely not much but still), the costs are:

Increase factory by 20
2,000 supply, 200HI, 200 manpower.
To repair, add 20,000 supply
Total cost: 22,000 supply, 200HI, 200 manpower

Take a size 20 factory and retool
Say it drops to 12 ...
by sfatula
Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:34 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

So, is it the case that changing factories is cheaper than expanding an existing group, assuming same numbers of course? If the choice comes down to that, I always change what a group is making if I need more of something than originally planned.
by sfatula
Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:10 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

Congrats on Adak! Obviously, you were never gop\ing to run him out of supply, but at least you inherited it. That should set him back a little bit. Always nice to be advancing in 43. That last bombardment may have put you over the edge, that was close!
by sfatula
Sun Oct 04, 2026 3:38 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

There was an old Avalon Hill game, Victory in the Pacific. In that game, my favorite CLs were Oi and Kitakami. They had massive torpedo capability.
by sfatula
Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:12 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)



29th division, 116th infantry.


OMG! That's amazing. Which company? I'm really interested in doing a little research on that. He landed in the first wave at Omaha Beach.


1st Battalion, D Company. The book Beyond the Beachhead was written by a guy in his company, Bob Slaughter. I met him and ...
by sfatula
Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:43 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

Mike Solli wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 2:50 pm
Which unit?
29th division, 116th infantry.
by sfatula
Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:01 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

Wow, 26! My Dad was ancient at 24. He was in a national guard unit at D-Day, many were 18 or younger (they lied). They were all hyped up and invincible until that fateful day. Very few survived.
by sfatula
Fri Sep 04, 2026 6:26 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

I've been using it (only a few days though), lol. Works fine with wine too (linux, macos). He's on discord discussing changes, etc.
by sfatula
Wed Sep 02, 2026 5:50 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Bo...oops in the South Pacific - LST (A) vs SierraJuliet (J) Bottlenecks Mod
Replies: 129
Views: 10666

Re: Bo...oops in the South Pacific - LST (A) vs SierraJuliet (J) Bottlenecks Mod



25 Zeros have swept Singers. Seven got shot down by CAP, we lost one Buffalo and three Warhawks. The Zeros came in at 32k. My lowest-numbered fighter unit, equipped with P-36A Mohawks which are comparatively nimble, flew CAP at 20k. All other fighter units were set to their maximum height, 26k ...
by sfatula
Fri Aug 14, 2026 4:55 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

I suggest putting the Petes much lower. At least no planes were lost this time! I'm not sure about pilots, seems like terrible pilots might be ok.
by sfatula
Thu Aug 13, 2026 6:06 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

The Petes will not do anything, except, disrupt the bombing. How did the bombing do? They should be there for all bombing runs as they will never climb enough to get to the B17s if you put them low, or shouldn't. I guess they did at least once since you lost one. But the more important part is, did ...
by sfatula
Mon Aug 10, 2026 10:14 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

Needless fighting also wastes supply in several ways, including repairing planes. And you are doing very well with that. And you are doing very well with your pilots (IJN)!. Hopefully that helps make '43 more painful for him than it otherwise might be.
by sfatula
Mon Aug 10, 2026 4:05 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

Obviously much better but don't forget your upcoming Georges too. You may need several leaders.
by sfatula
Sun Aug 09, 2026 10:25 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

Leader not the best. If you have a better one, use him. Leadership is low (more skill gain), inspiration is low(how many fly and morale), air skill is low (results). Of course, you've been having good results likely due to pilot skills but it could be even better!

That's more awesome results, this ...
by sfatula
Sun Aug 09, 2026 5:43 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

He's not going to like those losses. Let's see what he changes! Awesome A2A day. How's the leader traits?
by sfatula
Fri Aug 07, 2026 9:23 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

Yeah, slow floats are a great option. The idea there is they can't really catch or engage the B17s mostly but it does still count as disrupting the bombing runs.
by sfatula
Thu Aug 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

Regarding night bombing with those B17s, this would be a house rule item. B17 raids against Rabaul at night were pretty bad in WW2 and tending to have very high ops losses. Quite ineffective without radar. What altitude were they at? That's a lot of damage (kills). I don't think a rule should ...
by sfatula
Thu Aug 06, 2026 7:02 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)

I have not seen the base force happen. I do see this though (I hi-lited):

...but their expected full strength level for the computer player can change during the game...

I presume it's speaking of the AI maybe?
by sfatula
Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:52 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)
Replies: 1545
Views: 80955

Re: Never Thought I'd Start Another One - tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J)



The N1K1-J George R&D advanced to 1/43 and will become operational in 4 days! A week later, I'll outfit a 31 plane unit in SE Fleet AO with the George. I'm really excited to see how this changes things down here. :D


Greedy, lol. You already destroyed 20 planes (and maybe service losses or ...

Go to advanced search