Search found 11 matches

by WebCommand
Thu Jan 02, 2025 5:20 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the West
Topic: Battleground Italy OOB question
Replies: 3
Views: 2143

Re: Battleground Italy OOB question

Good point.
I´m just 10 years late!
I played the game years ago but never had the time to get as involved as I have now. And I´m having a blast, by the way.

I was thinking of sending Trey a message but I´m not sure I want to bother him with that.
by WebCommand
Wed Jan 01, 2025 2:01 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the West
Topic: Battleground Italy OOB question
Replies: 3
Views: 2143

Battleground Italy OOB question

I´m trying to play the Battleground Italy scenario as close as possible to the historical deployment and OOB.
The BR V Corps was part of the British 8th Army, and although they did not take part in Operation Husky, they did join it for the fight on mainland Italy later on.

In the game, though ...
by WebCommand
Mon Dec 30, 2024 11:18 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the West
Topic: Historical transfer of Divisions
Replies: 2
Views: 1789

Re: Historical transfer of Divisions

Makes sense.
Thanks for the reply.
by WebCommand
Mon Dec 30, 2024 10:01 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the West
Topic: Historical transfer of Divisions
Replies: 2
Views: 1789

Historical transfer of Divisions

Historically during longer operations divisions were moved from one army to another, at certain points, depending on necessity.
For instance, in Battleground Italy the 46th BR Inf Div was part of the 8th Army for Operation Husky but later transferred to the 5th Army for the Salerno landings, if I´m ...
by WebCommand
Wed Dec 18, 2024 1:55 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the West
Topic: Ghost aircraft or what?
Replies: 6
Views: 2407

Re: Ghost aircraft or what?

Yes, you are right and pretty close to what the manual says.

From the manual:
...staging base. This is an air base unit that all air group units participating
in the air mission will rendezvous above before heading to the target hex of the air mission. The miles flown by an air group unit
will be ...
by WebCommand
Wed Dec 18, 2024 6:45 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the West
Topic: Ghost aircraft or what?
Replies: 6
Views: 2407

Re: Ghost aircraft or what?

Thanks for the reply.

That´s exactly what it is!
I did not notice the staging base just below the target option. There are loads of options, and it will take me a while to figure everything out.

If the AI is picking Gerbini it´s because it is closer to the objective and they need to stop there ...
by WebCommand
Tue Dec 17, 2024 11:05 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the West
Topic: Ghost aircraft or what?
Replies: 6
Views: 2407

Ghost aircraft or what?

Hi,

I´m new to the game, so there's a chance I´m missing something. I´d appreciate any replies.

I assigned an AD for a Recon mission to the Tactical Air Force.
For some reason, they are flying the mission from Gerbini Air Base, although the base has no airplanes!
And after the air phase, I can ...
by WebCommand
Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:56 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns Classic
Topic: Locating a destroyed unit
Replies: 6
Views: 3877

Re: Locating a destroyed unit

Thanks. Yes, I´m using the Tactical Ops Diary a lot now to keep track of things. Awesome feature!

By the way, I hadn´t played FC in many years and now I´m back at it to warm up before I purchase the just-released new version of the game. It´s an incredible war game.
by WebCommand
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:19 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns Classic
Topic: Mortars against helicopters
Replies: 1
Views: 2899

Mortars against helicopters

I was playing with a few scenarios trying to figure out the best way to deal with soviet helicopters.To my surprise, even mortars engage helicopters. The hit chance is given as 4%. Really!?
I downed 3 Hinds in this specific scenario, one with the 7.62 on the Warrior at reasonably close range ...
by WebCommand
Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:14 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns Classic
Topic: Locating a destroyed unit
Replies: 6
Views: 3877

Re: Locating a destroyed unit

Awesome.
Thanks.
by WebCommand
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:15 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns Classic
Topic: Locating a destroyed unit
Replies: 6
Views: 3877

Locating a destroyed unit

Hi,

Maybe someone knows the answer to this or if it´s even possible. Any help is appreciated.

I´m looking at the TOC/Reported Kills and Claims. I see one of my units with incredible stats. However, it has been destroyed.
I know roughly where it was located but I wanted to know exactly in which ...

Go to advanced search