Search found 140 matches

by Old_Shane
Mon Sep 21, 2026 8:01 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192995

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament


New ELO game
Craterous (Allies) vs Old_Shane (Axis)

Craterous defeats Old_Shane Summer 1944
Japan defeated China and was making slow progress in India. IJN mauled the Pacific fleet pretty good.
In contrast, the RN completely destroyed the Kriegsmarine. It was safe and open seas for the Allies ...
by Old_Shane
Sun Sep 13, 2026 1:56 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Old_Shane vs General23n8
Replies: 1
Views: 276

Re: Looking for Allied Opponent for ELO Game

Ok, challenge started. Thanks Mr. General.
by Old_Shane
Fri Aug 28, 2026 6:38 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Unusual Anomaly
Replies: 4
Views: 314

Re: Unusual Anomaly

This maybe way too simple Pete. But did you declare war on Germany?
by Old_Shane
Fri Aug 07, 2026 1:45 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192995

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

That is what I thought Pete's thread would be. But he says "No". But maybe it could be?
by Old_Shane
Thu Jul 30, 2026 3:15 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192995

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

New ELO game
Craterous (Allies) vs Old_Shane (Axis)
by Old_Shane
Fri Jul 10, 2026 4:29 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192995

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

There isn't any kind of button that I have seen for WatW. We usually just decide before the game if we want it to be counted in the ratings. So yes, it is not really a "tournament". Just a rating system for posterity and for it to mean something more. It also gives you some assurance that the person ...
by Old_Shane
Fri Jun 19, 2026 2:06 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192995

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament



Increasingly players are using these:

1. No diplo on Majors
2. No Barbarossa before 1941
3. No diplo on Bulgaria
4. No Allied DoW on Japan before PH
5. No Italian navy outside Med before DoW
6. No using garrison transports as scouts
7. No using neutral ships / transports as scouts
8. No XP ...
by Old_Shane
Fri Jun 19, 2026 1:31 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: looking for an opponent ELO game (closed)
Replies: 5
Views: 667

Re: looking for an opponent ELO game

Ok Bobby. I will take it up later today!
Shane
by Old_Shane
Fri Jun 19, 2026 11:37 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Forego Barbarossa?
Replies: 5
Views: 1264

Re: Forego Barbarossa?

This would be an interesting AAR if you or Johnny would be so inclined. An update on how this goes in the least would be greatly appreciated!
by Old_Shane
Thu Jun 18, 2026 6:25 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: looking for an opponent ELO game (closed)
Replies: 5
Views: 667

Re: looking for an opponent ELO game

Hey. Sorry you haven’t found an opponent. I could take on another game. Might be slower turn rate. You can choose sides.
by Old_Shane
Tue Jun 16, 2026 1:38 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis
Replies: 81
Views: 5550

Re: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis

I should be thrilled with a draw Clive. I truly think you deserve the victory, even if for finding the VC issue. As it was, I defended Seoul the best I could. I could not navigate the waters any more to transport troops safely to defend Tokyo, never mind Seoul.
by Old_Shane
Wed Jun 10, 2026 12:27 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis
Replies: 81
Views: 5550

Re: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis

Oh no! Sorry Clive. I may have been a spoiler!
by Old_Shane
Tue Jun 09, 2026 4:53 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis
Replies: 81
Views: 5550

Re: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis

That's a good point Harry. And as I remember I was waiting for Yugo to coup to avoid DofW. But saving that mobilisation hit was rather lost in the time it took to take Yugo. Big mistake. Won't make it again Clive!

I gambled that Clive was not prepared for an amphibious invasion of Japan. I was ...
by Old_Shane
Sat Jun 06, 2026 5:31 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192995

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

New ELO game. Rematch from the very public defeat at the hands of Clive and the Allies.
wevilc (Allies) vs Old_Shane (Axis)
regular house rules.
by Old_Shane
Thu May 14, 2026 3:37 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)
Replies: 91
Views: 5338

Re: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)



It is very good news for China that Petedalby has not continued the advance toward our capital, Chungking. This gives us valuable time to strengthen our defenses, continue building fortifications, and deploy new units. Personally, I believe this is a mistake on Japan’s part, as time works ...
by Old_Shane
Thu May 14, 2026 1:23 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: 12 hexes from Warsaw
Replies: 4
Views: 1165

Re: 12 hexes from Warsaw


Do any Axis players attempt to avoid infringing the irritating 18-unit limit prior to Barbarossa? I find it too annoying & fiddly & just ignore it.

Err ... it might be 10 hexes - can't remember.


I am the same Clive. I also find it very irritating! I have been ignoring it, but have paid for ...
by Old_Shane
Wed May 13, 2026 2:18 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)
Replies: 91
Views: 5338

Re: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)

In the Wevilc (Clive) game Communist China did join before DofW by Japan. It might be semantics though, as isolated and overwhelmed, it fell quickly. Clive was likewise able to hold the middle and South front for 1941. I am interested to see how Pete manages this!

I am also interested to know what ...
by Old_Shane
Wed May 13, 2026 1:24 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis
Replies: 81
Views: 5550

Re: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis

I think if we look ahead at what is likely we arrive at a stalemate. Allied forces will fight across Asia but they will be hard pressed to capture Manilla. Even Delhi and Chungking may prove out of reach. And there is still time for the IJN to do damage while the Allied steamroller ravages Eastward.
by Old_Shane
Fri May 01, 2026 8:08 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis
Replies: 81
Views: 5550

Re: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis


Thanks for the AAR - very interesting and the game looks fairly even.

If it doesn't give away too much it is always interesting to see what options players have chosen for research and diplo, and whether they are happy with those choices as the game progresses.


Clive's diplo on Finland was ...
by Old_Shane
Mon Apr 27, 2026 1:41 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis
Replies: 81
Views: 5550

Re: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis

Nice recount Clive. Yes, you made the early China campaign expensive!
The Finland investment paid off for you. You had the extra units to smash my three corps strung up to Tallinn. I am sure you will cover the result of that in your next update.

Go to advanced search