Search found 9 matches

by lithium01
Mon Oct 08, 2001 7:54 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: Books on US Army planning 1941-44...war buffs help!
Replies: 7
Views: 269

Books on US Army planning 1941-44...war buffs help!

<t>Hey all<br/>
<br/>
Wondering if you can help me out here. I am doing research concerning the American army's doctrine and decision making process from 1941-1944. Specifically, why Torch in 1942 Husky 1943 and finally Overlord in 1944?<br/>
<br/>
I am familiar with the predominate historiography ...
by lithium01
Thu Aug 02, 2001 7:53 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: What exactly do the infantry weapons stats mean?
Replies: 7
Views: 135

<t>Belisarius - lol.<br/>
<br/>
Kluckenbill - The "team" MGs DO kill a lot. The LMGs the squads carry I find do not do nearly the same damage to troops in the open than the primary infantry weapon. Since the squad is only carry one, this makes sense. The SMGs will typically wipe out 6 or 7 men if ...
by lithium01
Thu Aug 02, 2001 7:44 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: Flamethrower in 6.1
Replies: 25
Views: 872

<t>Galka - <br/>
<br/>
Check out the United States Marines maunual (and the Army as well) in the Pacific campaign. You you find lots of flamethrowers.<br/>
<br/>
The reason why they were not used so much on the Russian steppes and the plains of Aquataine is because of two reasons. Like in the game ...
by lithium01
Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:12 pm
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: What exactly do the infantry weapons stats mean?
Replies: 7
Views: 135

Possum -

I guess not. I am guessing the support weapons are hardwired as I was messing around with the OBBs and making the LMG the primary weapon and still had the same results. Thanks for the info.
by lithium01
Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:58 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: What exactly do the infantry weapons stats mean?
Replies: 7
Views: 135

What exactly do the infantry weapons stats mean?

<t>My vague recollections from old sources - <br/>
<br/>
ACC - effective accuracy (I believe range) of the weapon<br/>
Kill - How good it kills infantry<br/>
Pen/Heat - armor penetration<br/>
Range - Doh!<br/>
<br/>
Looking at my German Special Ops I see:<br/>
Weapon ACC KILL Range<br/>
MP39/40 SMG ...
by lithium01
Sun Jul 29, 2001 10:10 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: This is a GREAT job - few questions about infantry speed and Anti-tank guns
Replies: 9
Views: 471

<t>Lars - <br/>
<br/>
Easier said than done. If an 88 - or even more annoying a 40mm AA gun - is sniping tanks from a range of 25 hexes, then there isn't much one can do. HE rounds and MG that miss the infantry are shrugged off. Any suppression resulting from artillery will be rallied. I find smoke ...
by lithium01
Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:58 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: Flamethrower in 6.1
Replies: 25
Views: 872

<t>I think the flamethrowers are representative of what really happened. Flame tanks are thin skinned and must be *very* close to do their job...from my experience they are only very good at mopping up already heavily suppressed and unsupported units (i.e areas you already effectivly control and ...
by lithium01
Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:00 pm
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: This is a GREAT job - few questions about infantry speed and Anti-tank guns
Replies: 9
Views: 471

This is a GREAT job - few questions about infantry speed and Anti-tank guns

<t>First off - This was very well thought out and SO much better than any of the previous incarnations of steel panthers, I cannot imagine how I liked them before. There are a few things I'd like to bring to your attention.<br/>
<br/>
When Infantry move, they always register as 2 MPH, regardless of ...
by lithium01
Mon Apr 23, 2001 10:22 pm
Forum: Pacific War: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Midway "hardwired"?
Replies: 3
Views: 218

Midway "hardwired"?

<r>This is the first time I got to play the new version of Pacwar (dont ask) so forgive me if this is a dead issue. Anyway it is May 1942 and I currently have a saved game where on the very next turn 5 US carriers take on the 11 Jap Carriers of Ceylon. The Brits have Columbo, the Japs have the other ...

Go to advanced search