Search found 7 matches

by aponly
Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:40 pm
Forum: Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers
Topic: SPWAW Desert Fox Mega Campaign
Replies: 6
Views: 204

Thanks, at least there's only 2 restarts instead of 5 or six.
by aponly
Thu Feb 14, 2002 6:58 pm
Forum: Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers
Topic: SPWAW Desert Fox Mega Campaign
Replies: 6
Views: 204

<t>Just purchased Desert Fox. Currently have 7.1 beta installed. When I go to run the DF CD, it wants to reinstall the game to version 5.3. Before I run this, will the game downgrade back to 5.3, leave the newer stuff, or just plain hose it up? I just wanted to know how much time to allocate to the ...
by aponly
Wed Feb 13, 2002 7:31 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: original planning documents
Replies: 4
Views: 63

I know the Patton Museum at Fort Knox, KY has a lot of military and war-related material. I don't know the status of how they check it out but I know of people that have used the reference material there.
by aponly
Wed Feb 13, 2002 7:16 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: MC-W: .30 vs .50 MGs
Replies: 37
Views: 1134

<t>Grumble is correct, the HB does stand for heavy barrel.<br/>
<br/>
We do use the .50 cal and .30 cal (M240) machine guns currently for point targets. For tank gunnery tables, there are personnel carrier targets (BMP silhouettes) that are engaged from the tank commander's station and troop targets ...
by aponly
Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:01 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: MC-W: .30 vs .50 MGs
Replies: 37
Views: 1134

<t>The M2HB .50 cal is still an awesome weapon. It's still the tank commander's weapon on an M1 tank and it's still used on multiple other vehicles.<br/>
<br/>
One thing that stands out today is that tracer burnout on a .50 is about 750 meters, while a .30 caliber is 900 meters, giving it a little ...
by aponly
Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:18 am
Forum: Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers
Topic: Video alternates to weird colors
Replies: 1
Views: 89

Video alternates to weird colors

<t>While playing in solitare, after "time" has passed, my display starts changing colors, in synch with actions (for example, with artillery fires). Seeing tanks/pcs/troops with blues and yellows makes it hard to play. Anyone else seen this? Any solutions? I'm playing v7.0 on 450mHZ Dell pentium 3 ...
by aponly
Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:12 am
Forum: Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers
Topic: Windows XP Problem
Replies: 11
Views: 221

I've had problems with other games with conflicts with nVidia video cards with SoundBlaster Live. Could be related? (That's even with the latest drivers)

Go to advanced search