Search found 84 matches

by DavidW75
Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:48 pm
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Major Soviet Excercises
Replies: 9
Views: 497

I like it. Now we're thinking outisde the box :eek:
by DavidW75
Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:49 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Major Soviet Excercises
Replies: 9
Views: 497

<r>Very insightful indeed. As much as I love the period from a wargamming POV, the historian in me realizes the Soviet's ceased having any kind of ambitions toward western Europe once the Berlin Wall was built. One must remember that Russia has never launched a major land war in Europe. Contribute ...
by DavidW75
Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:22 pm
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Major Soviet Excercises
Replies: 9
Views: 497

<t>What about springtime? Having never been to Germany, what is the weather like in April and May? Would this have been a good time to lauch an offensive? <br/>
Also, what was NATO's typical actions before, during, and after major Soviet excercises? How might this have differed during a period of ...
by DavidW75
Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:44 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Major Soviet Excercises
Replies: 9
Views: 497

I forgot about them bringing in their conscripts twice a year. So basically they would go to the field in April and Sep?
by DavidW75
Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:43 pm
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Major Soviet Excercises
Replies: 9
Views: 497

Major Soviet Excercises

Does anybody with some prior service in Germany during the 80's (Sabre?? you around) know when the Soviets normally conducted their annual field training? Also, was it normal for forces not part of the GSFG to deploy to East Germany for those excercises?
by DavidW75
Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:23 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Verbal phrases to use
Replies: 10
Views: 342

Re: Verbal phrases to use

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by RobertCrandall <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>o “Gas! Gas! Gas!” for an artillery mission with chemical munitions.<br/>
o “Contact. Wait Out” for each time an enemy unit is spotted and no enemy units are currently spotted. It marks the ...
by DavidW75
Thu May 08, 2003 2:20 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Tanks vs Helicopters
Replies: 46
Views: 1742

<t>How would helicopters change the battlefield?<br/>
<br/>
This is one of those question's that make the period so fascinating. Plus it raises more questions. How flexible would the Soviets be in adapting to the battlefield? I think it is a safe assumption that U.S., British, and German forces ...
by DavidW75
Wed May 07, 2003 1:48 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Too silent..how bout an update??
Replies: 2
Views: 152

<r>Thanks for the update Rob. Can only imagine the amount of work. I would still love to contribute however possible. I think I have several good ideas for scenerios. Espcially based on the maps that are going to be included. BTW, still would love to see the "Three Sisters" map. Where's Iain? <E>:D ...
by DavidW75
Tue May 06, 2003 2:34 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Modern Naval Wargame?
Replies: 27
Views: 967

<r>Yeah I can't wait till Flashpoint:Germany is done <E>:D</E><br/>
I don't care for the 3d, but I would like some visual to set the mood. Video clips, audio clips are great, take Steel Beasts nothing like hearing artillery rumble across a valley, plus maybe a 3d model to view in an encyclopedia or ...
by DavidW75
Sun May 04, 2003 11:24 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Modern Naval Wargame?
Replies: 27
Views: 967

For die hards I recommend Harpoon 3. Till H4 comes out:mad: I've always been interested in the air side. Imagine directing the air war over Germany. Any interest in that aspect? No reason you couldn't use the same engine.
by DavidW75
Sun May 04, 2003 11:19 pm
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Too silent..how bout an update??
Replies: 2
Views: 152

Too silent..how bout an update??

Where'ld everybody go? I was hoping someone could fill us in on how FPG is coming? :rolleyes: Patiently waiting
by DavidW75
Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:19 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: AAR (Alpha Testing)
Replies: 27
Views: 1193

Re: Still Alive, Still Kicking

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by IChristie <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>I have, indeed been working on the next map - #4 - "Three Sisters" set in the Fulda Gap area. The map is about half done. I'll try to post some shots once the first draft is done. Due to RL ...
by DavidW75
Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:30 pm
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Progress Report
Replies: 2
Views: 160

:cool: <<<wearing shades, preparing for the tunnel to end
by DavidW75
Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:21 pm
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Air power
Replies: 44
Views: 1157

:D Patience pays off again. Great to hear Rob. Good luck with the coding.
A day over is a day closer ;)
by DavidW75
Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:42 pm
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Things to do while we wait
Replies: 18
Views: 3561

<t>As the two jets left the battlefield, a young German tank commander reminisced about his day. It hadn't begun well. His tank was one of three attached to the lead combat recon patrol. Soon after crossing their line of depatrutre the first missles appeared. His friend's tank had exploded in a ...
by DavidW75
Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:14 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Things to do while we wait
Replies: 18
Views: 3561

<t>The day trudged on for the East Germans. The colonel who's regiment was in the middle of a bloody assault pushed his men forward. On his southern flank Challengers had started to show up. <br/>
As the colonel's vehicle cleared the wood line it came into view of the small village that had ...
by DavidW75
Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:05 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: AAR (Alpha Testing)
Replies: 27
Views: 1193

Hey Iain that's great to here. Can't wait to see it.
by DavidW75
Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:17 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Things to do while we wait
Replies: 18
Views: 3561

<t>Leaving the small village the group of tanks and BMPs continued west. A low rise was their first obstacle, whcih they began to climb. The T-72s were in the lead as they made descended into a small valley. Across the way was their intial objective, a group of wooded hills. Suddenly the flash of ...
by DavidW75
Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:20 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: any suggested web sites
Replies: 4
Views: 150

<r>Hey Paul I don't know how much help you need with those tactics <E>:mad:</E> <br/>
<br/>
If you want some vehicle info Jane's has their Combat Vehicle Recognition Guide. It's not too bad. As far as any info dealing with the "Cold War", most books are long out of print. You can find them from ...
by DavidW75
Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:18 am
Forum: FlashPoint Germany
Topic: Things to do while we wait
Replies: 18
Views: 3561

<t>The lieutnenant watched the T-72s and BMPs pull into the small village. Soon the infantry was stumbling out of the back of the armored vehicles, forming up at the edge of the buildings. The grunts moved toward the wooded hill north of town. As they grew smaller the lieutenant turned back to the ...

Go to advanced search