Search found 54 matches

by Janster
Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: Distance to other races needs help.
Replies: 12
Views: 710

RE: Distance to other races needs help.

Quick question, is random actually random, or just a random pick of the 3 starting location types?

If its the latter, then it isn't a good solution.
by Janster
Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:28 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: Distance to other races needs help.
Replies: 12
Views: 710

RE: Distance to other races needs help.

<t> I remember starting in the same system several times in the past, however I don't like it, so I never enable it.<br/>
<br/>
If I start with empires at 'distant' they will be crowded in a corner of the map no matter where I am and how huge the map is..It just doesn't scale.<br/>
<br/>
If I ...
by Janster
Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:26 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: Two thoughts: Easy tech, slow game
Replies: 6
Views: 391

RE: Two thoughts: Easy tech, slow game

It is a pretty slow game, also in order to retain difficulty, you have to limit yourself a tad ...

I usually add...tons of bugs to my game, maybe a few friends, and then we're talkin.
by Janster
Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:42 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: Distance to other races needs help.
Replies: 12
Views: 710

Distance to other races needs help.

<t> Hello!<br/>
<br/>
I have played this game quite a lot, and I have actually just 2 gripes left, one of which I can mod out, the alarm...but for the next expansion.<br/>
<br/>
However, the biggest gripe is distance to other races...<br/>
<br/>
I find it works like a-so now ..<br/>
<br ...
by Janster
Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:44 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: Alert sound and alert levels need help badly.
Replies: 8
Views: 524

Alert sound and alert levels need help badly.

<t> The sound is terrible, truly terrible, I can't stand listening to it, and while that may give some sense of alarm, it just becomes tiresome, because it doesn't differentiate between if its just a space monster gobbling on an explorer, or the 5th Zenox battle fleet just dropped in to say hi.<br ...
by Janster
Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:39 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: Out of money!
Replies: 10
Views: 401

RE: Out of money!

Don't forget to turn the tax up on your new colonies, its zero if you are on manual.
by Janster
Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:49 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: New DW: Legends Public Beta v1.7.0.2 Available!
Replies: 136
Views: 6069

RE: New DW: Legends Public Beta v1.7.0.2 Available!

<r>
<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: J HG T<br/>
<br/>
Update on lag:<br/>
- Started new game with 1.7.0.2: No lag, works perfectly fine. Saved the interesting start for future use. <br/>
- Quit to menu, loads 1.7.0.1 save game: Horrendous lag.<br/>
- Quit to menu, loads the saved 1.7.0.2 start ...
by Janster
Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:03 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: New DW: Legends Public Beta v1.7.0.2 Available!
Replies: 136
Views: 6069

RE: New DW: Legends Public Beta v1.7.0.2 Available!

<t> This latest patch needs some love, it introduces massive slowdowns on my computer that wasn't there at release or the 1st beta.<br/>
I don't have to play long before it sets in either. In addition it now also crashes a lot unlike before, also the save function is suffering.<br/>
<br/>
Hope ...
by Janster
Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:42 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: Compendium of DW Mods
Replies: 47
Views: 26054

RE: Compendium of DW Mods

How do you have multiple mods active?

I can't seem to find any on this subject, and I tried to place folders of multiple mods in the same single mod to have it work, but to no avail.

by Janster
Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:48 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Bug in ship designer
Replies: 0
Views: 142

Bug in ship designer

I keep crashing when I select a 'role' for my new science station. I can continue to play, but I am unable to finish the design, as 'set role' is still red.

by Janster
Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: Alien Minor Races - Can They Be Turned Off?
Replies: 18
Views: 627

RE: Alien Minor Races - Can They Be Turned Off?

<t> If you use the auto opponent thinger, it puts EVERYTHING to random, making them just about anything, also the distance they are from you.<br/>
So if a empire is set to 'near' no matter how big a universe, he will start near you...<br/>
<br/>
I think this is not such a good idea, but you can ...
by Janster
Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:24 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: Distant Worlds forum thread at GalCiv2.com
Replies: 31
Views: 1648

RE: Distant Worlds forum thread at GalCiv2.com

<t> Hearts of Iron is an extremly complicated game made with no a fraction of the resources that went into Mass Effect 2, its a lot to demand that these games are to be 100% from the start. This game seems to suffer from exactly the same problems, and will require extensive patching before a good ...
by Janster
Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:18 pm
Forum: Armada 2526 Series
Topic: I Can't Stand It Anymore!
Replies: 28
Views: 1237

RE: I Can't Stand It Anymore!

<t> Uhm I agree with Tom, you have to consider what is FUN, and shuffling pop around manually, is a click fest and its not even remotely FUN. Moo 2 used a system where you built transports into a pool, these where used to move population around. Not entirely sure if they could be destroyed, i ...
by Janster
Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:47 am
Forum: Armada 2526 Series
Topic: Spiffing Up the Economic Model
Replies: 29
Views: 1235

RE: Spiffing Up the Economic Model

<t> I agree with Tom, this is a major undertaking for such a small company, to just say, we're making a 4x ,but we're gonna reinvent the wheel on you guys, but not tell you.<br/>
<br/>
Still, if you wanna experiment, maybe you should get the basics right or something...<br/>
I play a lot of ...
by Janster
Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:30 am
Forum: Armada 2526 Series
Topic: A Question for Tom Holsinger
Replies: 18
Views: 704

RE: A Question for Tom Holsinger

<r> <br/>
<br/>
[/quote]<br/>
100 ships per side ? No way, not even sure there are enough hexes to contain them !<br/>
Anyway, the command/control limitations meant you couldn't support a fleet of more than say 20 ships, except maybe by exploiting endgame .<br/>
Or do you talk about MoO3 ??<br ...
by Janster
Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm
Forum: Armada 2526 Series
Topic: Spiffing Up the Economic Model
Replies: 29
Views: 1235

RE: Spiffing Up the Economic Model

Guys, the 'population game' is not fun...and definitely not fun with current transport system. I don't mind new, but uhm ..fun?
by Janster
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:10 am
Forum: Armada 2526 Series
Topic: A Question for Tom Holsinger
Replies: 18
Views: 704

RE: A Question for Tom Holsinger

<t> Moo 2 combat was totally superior and because everyone wants to reinvent the wheel EVERY time they create these games, its not been copied...sigh.<br/>
<br/>
Btw, last time I checked a single battle in Moo 2 could contain probably up to 100 ships PER side..so I think thats epic enough imho ...
by Janster
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:07 am
Forum: Armada 2526 Series
Topic: Spiffing Up the Economic Model
Replies: 29
Views: 1235

RE: Spiffing Up the Economic Model

<r> Long and interresting post, I agree on many accounts. I also think that I found it weird that Armada should be such a very different beast..I guess its nice to stand out from the rest, but the way its done is well not very fun. Also I think it has a very negative effect on the number of ships we ...
by Janster
Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:21 am
Forum: Armada 2526 Series
Topic: A Question for Tom Holsinger
Replies: 18
Views: 704

RE: A Question for Tom Holsinger

<r> Hi, I'm curious to see you've actually talked to Emerich, I remember so well the drama that went on then. When I got moo 3 I must say it was a totally different experience. I so think they should have 'refined' moo 2 instead of doing what they did, I understand his motivations, but sadly the ...
by Janster
Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:08 am
Forum: Armada 2526 Series
Topic: bureaucracy
Replies: 74
Views: 3686

RE: bureaucracy

Hear hear, options is what we want, not total rulechange, I agree, 100 + planets can be just too much, and I don't mind having an interresting playing field to be on...however atm I just feel I can't even field a decent amount of ships...I mean 20-30 planets and all I can have is 20-30 ships?

Go to advanced search