Search found 166 matches

by flibby
Fri Aug 14, 2026 8:30 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Steel Company Development & Feedback (2D WWII Tactical Scale)
Replies: 43
Views: 3985

Re: Steel Company Development & Feedback (2D WWII Tactical Scale)

Really promising. Hopefully Matrix looks at this and offer you the support to turn this into a real successor to SP.
by flibby
Fri Feb 20, 2026 5:00 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Steel Tigers in 2026?
Replies: 18
Views: 3122

Re: Steel Tigers in 2026?

Lobster wrote: Fri Feb 20, 2026 3:02 pm I'm 76. I can see the offramp in the distance. It doesn't say this way to Steel Tigers. :D
:D I have some faith somewhere. Can we petition outside Grigsy's house?
by flibby
Thu Feb 19, 2026 8:50 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Steel Tigers in 2026?
Replies: 18
Views: 3122

Re: Steel Tigers in 2026?

Totally agree. Every year without Steel Tigers, Matrix are pissing money down the drain. It would be an absolutely guaranteed hit.

I'm 38 and concerned that I'll never see it :D
by flibby
Wed Aug 20, 2025 9:07 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: East Front 2.03 LCG: Thunder on the Dnepr
Replies: 7
Views: 7269

Re: East Front 2.03 LCG: Thunder on the Dnepr

Really enjoyed this one Jason.
by flibby
Mon Mar 17, 2025 11:06 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: SPWAW
Replies: 24
Views: 3917

Re: SPWAW

Has anyone ever got to the bottom of the lack of SP4/Steel Tigers?

It seems like such an obvious open goal that would get so many of us back together...
by flibby
Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:37 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Steel Tigers?
Replies: 96
Views: 23273

Re: Steel Tigers?

drez wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:53 am 2024 and still hoping for Steel Tigers!!!
Absolutely. We live in eternal hope.
by flibby
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:25 am
Forum: Campaign Series: Vietnam
Topic: Modelling of suppression
Replies: 5
Views: 842

Re: Modelling of suppression

Thanks both. Really useful.
by flibby
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:12 pm
Forum: Campaign Series: Vietnam
Topic: Modelling of suppression
Replies: 5
Views: 842

Modelling of suppression

Am I right in saying that suppression is effectively modelled by making an enemy "use up" opportunity fire with fire from some units, then closing with others?
by flibby
Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:19 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Steel Tigers Progress?
Replies: 202
Views: 34361

Re: Steel Tigers Progress?


I remember after we were done working on SPWAW late 90's, David Heath was still the owner, we started on an early version of Steel Tigers, I was doing data entry for the units, had an early version of the editor for a long time, so it's been awhile!!


I didn't know you were involved in SPWAW ...
by flibby
Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:12 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Steel Tigers Progress?
Replies: 202
Views: 34361

Re: Steel Tigers Progress?

I have just tried the SPWaW enhanced version after previously playing just SPWW2. I have to say that I prefer it.

I gave it a go after watching Erik's Twitch stream. He seems to have a real passion for SP which makes me think maybe the sequel will come out...
by flibby
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:09 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Steel Tigers Progress?
Replies: 202
Views: 34361

Re: Steel Tigers Progress?

Erik Rutins wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:04 pm Unfortunately still on hold for now, but we are discussing possibilities on how to restart it. I'll let you all know if that progresses to the point where development resumes.
Cheers Erik.
by flibby
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:24 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What do you do?
Replies: 17
Views: 2656

Re: What do you do?


In other words, what is your vocation? Are you former military? What brought you to gaming?

I work for a defense contractor that manufactures electronics and avionics. I’ve worked on everything from missile guidance systems to USArmy ground based tactical laser guidance, GPS systems, and avionics ...
by flibby
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:21 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Terrain Details Box
Replies: 4
Views: 1040

Re: Terrain Details Box

Ignore me - I pressed "U" and all was OK with the world
by flibby
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:24 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Terrain Details Box
Replies: 4
Views: 1040

Re: Terrain Details Box

Sorry Jason I wasn't clear.

The screenshot isn't mine.

I'm trying to find out how to display the box on the right!
by flibby
Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:01 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Terrain Details Box
Replies: 4
Views: 1040

Terrain Details Box

I have been watching some videos where someone is able to show terrain details on the right.

I might be completely stupid to have missed this - is it a mod or an option I'm not using?

Image

Cheers
by flibby
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:09 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: HPS Tactical Studies Series
Replies: 4
Views: 817

Re: HPS Tactical Studies Series

The game does look fascinating, but in a way that it looks like a second job to learn.

Judging by the name, I assume armour will be the focus, but is there any reasonable infantry only scenarios and how are infantry tactics modelled?

Cheers
by flibby
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:28 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New Forum Tips and Issues
Replies: 313
Views: 174501

Re: New Forum Tips and Issues



Any chance of hiding that big announcements block that takes up half the screen real estate in every forum? Or at least keep it to the main page?


Yeah, That is a problem. Removing it could bring more posts to the front page. A real QOL improvement....GP



I third this. The announcements ...
by flibby
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:23 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Steel Tigers?
Replies: 96
Views: 23273

Re: Steel Tigers?

RangerJoe wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:11 pm I am sure that swearing will help hurry the project along.

******* Great :mrgreen:
by flibby
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:32 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: OT: Ken Burns The Civil War PBS Documentary 1990 Language English
Replies: 16
Views: 1665

Re: OT: Ken Burns The Civil War PBS Documentary 1990 Language English


Had the CD set, back when discs were cool. Liked the work. Too bad Burns is nothing but a _____ ___ in real life. Tossed the collection same time as purging Bruce Springsteen discs.


What did he do? The only controversial thing i can find is the quilt collecting thing, which is weird, but no ...
by flibby
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:16 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Steel Tigers?
Replies: 96
Views: 23273

Re: Steel Tigers?


It is amazing to me that one of the most popular war games in the history of computer wargaming is not being updates with an apparent sense of urgency.

There is no doubt that this game has an extensive following.

The lack of a focused effort to develop a clear source of revenue is simply ...

Go to advanced search