AE Team

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: AE Team

Post by JWE »

Well, so long as we are in the mode of honoring people who did not contribute to AE, but who have contributed to the wealth of information pertaining to the game and who informed the thought processes of the team members; I have some candidates. Others may have additional candidates, and my list is sparse. Many others should be included, but apart from certain AE team members (already mentioned), this is my personal top-o-the-walk.

m10bob
local yokel

Bless you and all who sail in you.

John
Buck Beach
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Upland,CA,USA

RE: AE Team

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Well, so long as we are in the mode of honoring people who did not contribute to AE, but who have contributed to the wealth of information pertaining to the game and who informed the thought processes of the team members; I have some candidates. Others may have additional candidates, and my list is sparse. Many others should be included, but apart from certain AE team members (already mentioned), this is my personal top-o-the-walk.

m10bob
local yokel

Bless you and all who sail in you.

John


Hear Hear!!
User avatar
Andrew Brown
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hex 82,170
Contact:

RE: AE Team

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Well, so long as we are in the mode of honoring people who did not contribute to AE, but who have contributed to the wealth of information pertaining to the game and who informed the thought processes of the team members; I have some candidates. Others may have additional candidates, and my list is sparse. Many others should be included, but apart from certain AE team members (already mentioned), this is my personal top-o-the-walk.

m10bob
local yokel

Bless you and all who sail in you.

John

And lets not forget Spooky, who has very generously made a website available for hosting all of the mods, plus more besides.

Of course the problem with starting to mention people who have contributed means that inevitably other worthy people will not get a mention...

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Image
User avatar
jwilkerson
Posts: 8272
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:02 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

RE: AE Team

Post by jwilkerson »

Well, if it wasn't for the WITP community - we would never have done this to begin with - when all is said and done - that's who we did this for. [:)]
WITP Admiral's Edition - Project Lead
War In Spain - Project Lead
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: AE Team

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Speak for yourself, I did it for the enormous paycheck, the expense account, the Bugatti Veyron and, of course, to get chicks.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: AE Team

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Speak for yourself, I did it for the enormous paycheck, the expense account, the Bugatti Veyron and, of course, to get chicks.

Of course by Bugati Verron, you mean a die cast miniature and by chicks you mean young chickens right? [:D]

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: AE Team

Post by DuckofTindalos »

No... You mean you haven't gotten yours yet?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
jwilkerson
Posts: 8272
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:02 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

RE: AE Team

Post by jwilkerson »

I think Mr. T is confusing being a Rock Star with being on the AE Team.
[:D]
WITP Admiral's Edition - Project Lead
War In Spain - Project Lead
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: AE Team

Post by DuckofTindalos »

I pity the fool who doesn't![:'(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
CaptDave
Posts: 654
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:11 pm
Location: Federal Way, WA

RE: AE Team

Post by CaptDave »

And by "enormous paycheck" he means one the size of those corporations use to make donations in front of the TV cameras (his just happens to be made out for zero dollars and zero cents).
User avatar
ChickenOfTheSea
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Virginia

RE: AE Team

Post by ChickenOfTheSea »

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

I am so complied to ask this question with a preface. I am such a fan of El Cid and his game contributions, that have mostly gone unrecognized by the community. I know he is dogmatic, opinionated, argumentative, non-flexible and I am sure there was no way he could have ever worked with a team effort such as AE and in fact he was prone to just pissing people off along the way. In fact many of the people mentioned as contributors to AE, went out of their way to ridicule him along the way.

But you know what guys although he followed his own path without and any recognition or encouragement, he (with Cobra's map help) did develop quite a few different workable concepts . And now guess what, he is working on a real life game between the Chinese and Formosa.

And now the question. Isn't there any way you can throw this dedicated WITP gamer a bone here as a contributor if not just for some of his ideas .
First, let me say I am glad to hear Sid is doing well. When people of our generation don't show up on the forum for awhile I get worried.

As to my history with Sid, ok, here goes a brief summary:

When Sid showed up on the forum in late 2005 (Nov IIRC) I saw his energy and interest. Among the projects Andrew had asked me to work on for CHS was a redo of the Japanese air OOB. Sid and I began discussing this - and I decided to give him a shot at it. By Feb 06 it was clear that the vision of what Sid was trying to achieve did not match up with the vision CHS was trying to achieve. There is nothing wrong with that. But in discussing "what to do next" - I mentioned that one option would be for Sid to do his own mod - and perhaps he could call it "RHS". I'm not sure I was serious with the name idea - more the spirit of how he was thinking - but he decided to adopt the name and go forth - nothing wrong with that either. Sid's separation from CHS had nothing to do with any "behavior" issues one way or the other. It was strictly a difference in artistic vision - and the Sid CHS split is not the only such split I've been involved in with this community - nothing unique - people feel strongly about certain things - and that is what makes life interesting!

From that point forward, Sid would contact Andrew or I when he had an issue. Andrew would answer the map issues I would look things up in the code for him. When Sid would quote an "anonymous Matrix programmer" - I assume he usually - if not always was referring to me. But Andrew and I certainly always have maintained a professional relationship with Sid - and we have never stopped.


I was a playtester for Sid's monster EBO scenario on both sides and I agee with Joe's comments about working with Sid. There is no question that he really had a passion for what he was doing. Although we were very different in personality and world view, our interactions were always courteous and productive. I think he eventually felt that the WITP engine could not accomodate all the things he wanted to do. The project he is on now is one he had been considering for quite some time and I think he felt he accomplish more there.

In that regard, I would like to offer a special thanks to the AE team for the improvements to the editor and opening up more of the game for mods. The next generation of WITP modders are not going to face nearly the level of frustration and puzzlement that Andrew Brown and Sid faced.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen
User avatar
Admiral DadMan
Posts: 3426
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:00 am
Location: A Lion uses all its might to catch a Rabbit

RE: AE Team

Post by Admiral DadMan »

I am my own paycheck...
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Image
User avatar
Ron Belcher
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 7:23 pm
Location: Clovis, CA USA
Contact:

RE: AE Team

Post by Ron Belcher »

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already, at this point !
&nbsp;
Kudos to all of ya who worked on AE !! God Bless ya&nbsp; !!!
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Rogueusmc
User avatar
Grotius
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:34 pm
Location: The Imperial Palace.

RE: AE Team

Post by Grotius »

I felt oblidged to step into the AFB role to keep reminding folks that there would be TWO sides playing the game when it was released. The "Loyal Opposition" as it were.
Cool. Sounds good, Mike. :)
Image
InHarmsWay
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:03 pm

RE: AE Team

Post by InHarmsWay »

I dont post often but reading this thread really drove home the sacrifice this whole group of gentlemen made for this game. Saying you will accomplish a 1+ year goal and actually working 3+ years to do so, while dealing with an online peanut gallery to say nothing of personal life committments is remarkable. No matter what the individual accomplishment, being a part of the team that pulled this together has got to be a great feeling. I just have to say thanks to all of you!

User avatar
TheElf
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 1:46 am
Location: Pax River, MD

RE: AE Team

Post by TheElf »

ORIGINAL: InHarmsWay

I dont post often but reading this thread really drove home the sacrifice this whole group of gentlemen made for this game. Saying you will accomplish a 1+ year goal and actually working 3+ years to do so, while dealing with an online peanut gallery to say nothing of personal life committments is remarkable. No matter what the individual accomplishment, being a part of the team that pulled this together has got to be a great feeling. I just have to say thanks to all of you!

To be fair we only dealt with an online peanut gallery for a about a year and a half...though it feels longer.
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

Image
User avatar
Don Bowen
Posts: 5192
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA

RE: AE Team

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: TheElf

To be fair we only dealt with an online peanut gallery for a about a year and a half...though it feels longer.

Much longer....
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: AE Team

Post by Andy Mac »

Oh yes....
User avatar
steveh11Matrix
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:54 am
Contact:

RE: AE Team

Post by steveh11Matrix »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Oh yes....
Oh goodness, were we that bad?
(Rhetorical!)

Steve.
"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: AE Team

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Oh yes....


You can blame me...but don't send me the psychiatrist bill...[8D]
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”