Jess' Beyond the Beachhead PBEM scenario
Moderator: MOD_SPWaW
Just couldn't let that tank sit there all by itself immobilized. Up rolls the Flamwagon for a good ol'fashioned American BBQ (Americans included!)
Are you not curious about the 88's in the swamp? Come on over and see what else is lurking in the bushes...We won't hurt you (Much), unless you get too close...Maybe the ellusive Nebelwerfer's are in there. Keep poking around so I get to add up more attrition on those big bad tanks of yours.
Are you not curious about the 88's in the swamp? Come on over and see what else is lurking in the bushes...We won't hurt you (Much), unless you get too close...Maybe the ellusive Nebelwerfer's are in there. Keep poking around so I get to add up more attrition on those big bad tanks of yours.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
This was a slow turn. I merely caused a Grenedier squad to retreat along the coast (that Flamwagon is hiding over there).
In the road south through the middle of the map I took out that immobilized Sdkfz250/8 and shot at a panzerschrek and grenadier squad. There is a town there with a couple AT guns that I need to get rid of and one more Pz Samua along with some infantry.
In the east I located an AT Bunker that is very difficult to destroy, but unless it shrugs off all the fire I put into it, it is going down next turn.
I'm about ready to take out another arty park, but I think it is only a couple 81mm mortars. I really want to find those nebelwerfers.
In the road south through the middle of the map I took out that immobilized Sdkfz250/8 and shot at a panzerschrek and grenadier squad. There is a town there with a couple AT guns that I need to get rid of and one more Pz Samua along with some infantry.
In the east I located an AT Bunker that is very difficult to destroy, but unless it shrugs off all the fire I put into it, it is going down next turn.
I'm about ready to take out another arty park, but I think it is only a couple 81mm mortars. I really want to find those nebelwerfers.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Could not rally my bunker enough to bring off a shot at the lurking tanks, think the Americans will be having a BBQ of their own next turn.
It is a slow withdrawal back to Isigny, trying to trade space for time. The defenders there can use all the help we can give them.
Indirect fire capability for the Germans is about to be extinct. At least it was good while it lasted. The Americans continue to push South, all but unopposed in a few choke points.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
I had no luck against that bunker either.
I did manage to take out just about a whole platoon of dug in Grenadiers along the coast.
I am starting to spot more German armor too. This is not good news because I am not ready to start fighting armor yet.
We shall see if the tide is about to turn.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Not doing as well along the coast as I had hoped.
Had a lot of my infantry with their OP fire set to 1 hex, and the US rangers spotted them first from farther away. Have to be better prepared to combat the Infantry assaults now that I have almost no artillery left to speak of. Keeping the Armor unsupported will be a harder task now.
Don't know what the Enemy is talking about. We keep receiving intercepts that they are spotting armor, but unless they are referring to some Somoa's, a Luchs, and a JPZ-IV, there is somebody elses forces on the field. Can't wait to see the American Foul his shorts when some real Armor takes the field!!:D
Had a lot of my infantry with their OP fire set to 1 hex, and the US rangers spotted them first from farther away. Have to be better prepared to combat the Infantry assaults now that I have almost no artillery left to speak of. Keeping the Armor unsupported will be a harder task now.
Don't know what the Enemy is talking about. We keep receiving intercepts that they are spotting armor, but unless they are referring to some Somoa's, a Luchs, and a JPZ-IV, there is somebody elses forces on the field. Can't wait to see the American Foul his shorts when some real Armor takes the field!!:D
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
I finally got those **** nebelwerfers and the remaining infantry protecting them without loss to myself. Those nebels are very difficult to spot!:eek:
I still haven't taken out that bunker that is right in the middle of my line of advance. I keeps shrugging off flamethrower shots and AP rounds that should easily take it out. Oh, well, there's always next turn.
My advances in the west, along the coastal areas and in the central part of the map are about to link up. There is a large, loosely organized village with a stone wall around it that I am trying to overrun, but it is slow going. I took out a 75mm Recoilless Rifle and put some serious fire on a 88mm Pupchen in that village.
Those Jpz IV, Luchs and Pz Souma concern me because I don't want them to take out one of my precious Shermans (I hope Jess doesn't read this part) with a lucky shot. And that Flammwagon is hiding around here somewhere too.
I seem to have taken over much of the North of this very large map. This village we are disputing right now, seems to be the center of the map. If I can push the Germans out of there, I will have a very nice base to coordinate my final push to Isigny way down in the South.
I still haven't taken out that bunker that is right in the middle of my line of advance. I keeps shrugging off flamethrower shots and AP rounds that should easily take it out. Oh, well, there's always next turn.
My advances in the west, along the coastal areas and in the central part of the map are about to link up. There is a large, loosely organized village with a stone wall around it that I am trying to overrun, but it is slow going. I took out a 75mm Recoilless Rifle and put some serious fire on a 88mm Pupchen in that village.
Those Jpz IV, Luchs and Pz Souma concern me because I don't want them to take out one of my precious Shermans (I hope Jess doesn't read this part) with a lucky shot. And that Flammwagon is hiding around here somewhere too.
I seem to have taken over much of the North of this very large map. This village we are disputing right now, seems to be the center of the map. If I can push the Germans out of there, I will have a very nice base to coordinate my final push to Isigny way down in the South.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Those Jpz IV, Luchs and Pz Souma concern me because I don't want them to take out one of my precious Shermans (I hope Jess doesn't read this part) with a lucky shot. And that Flammwagon is hiding around here somewhere too.
Awwwwww I am touched...
M4 and rbrunsman sitting in a tree...K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Im making war, not trouble~
I am sure they caused quite a few casualties, especially when the Americans were in the choke point near Pointe du Hoc.
Managing to kill a few of the remaining Rangers here and there, as well as a few of the straight Infantry from 115th and 116th. Need to start working on his Armor, which unfortunately, he still has a lot of. There were at least 5 alone that were running over my valuable Nebelwerfers (how am I suppossed to fire rockets out of those bent tubes?)
Hopefully I can manage to land a few more surprises before he gets too close to Isigny:p
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
I finally got that bunker that was blocking my advance.
I caused another 88mm Flak way to the east to reveal its position (not that I can do anything about it).
I caught the Zugtrup of that nebelwerfer squad trying to slip away through the bocage, right into an infantry squad I had sitting there for that purpose.
I routed out some more Grenadiers from that contested village in the center of the map and got very lucky with a bazooka shot and took out that Pz Samua at 250 yards.
The bad news is that I am getting bogged down along the coast because the Grenadiers there are being very fierce fighters. One Zugtrup took on 4 on my squads and drove off 3 of them and dispursed one of them. It took my M4 to move up and dislodge it at the risk of a close assault, since it was surrounded by smoke. As tough as it was against my infantry it just ran at the very sight of my "mighty" (a sop for Jess) M4. I relentlessly ran it down and dispersed it. But, there are still at least 3 Grenadier squads I have to dislodge from the other side of a wooded creek/swampy area before I can move those men up to support the assault on the central village.
I caused another 88mm Flak way to the east to reveal its position (not that I can do anything about it).
I caught the Zugtrup of that nebelwerfer squad trying to slip away through the bocage, right into an infantry squad I had sitting there for that purpose.
I routed out some more Grenadiers from that contested village in the center of the map and got very lucky with a bazooka shot and took out that Pz Samua at 250 yards.
The bad news is that I am getting bogged down along the coast because the Grenadiers there are being very fierce fighters. One Zugtrup took on 4 on my squads and drove off 3 of them and dispursed one of them. It took my M4 to move up and dislodge it at the risk of a close assault, since it was surrounded by smoke. As tough as it was against my infantry it just ran at the very sight of my "mighty" (a sop for Jess) M4. I relentlessly ran it down and dispersed it. But, there are still at least 3 Grenadier squads I have to dislodge from the other side of a wooded creek/swampy area before I can move those men up to support the assault on the central village.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Very lucky shot indeed:mad:
My only reply was to toast a few more Americans along the coast. I have now lost control of the Northern Half of the map. Lets hope the Southern half fights better than the North!
My only reply was to toast a few more Americans along the coast. I have now lost control of the Northern Half of the map. Lets hope the Southern half fights better than the North!
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
The Americans thought they had secured the central little hamlet, so an Halftrack had to roll up there and chase them back out.
Our forces at the bridge were putting up a rather fine blocking obstacle along the coast, when all of sudden, we receive reports of Rangers wading across the stream on our left flank, supported by an Amphib tank! Foul Play I say!!!:mad:
The least You could do after we have spent all that time and effort , is saunter into our ambush like you are supposed to. I just don't have the man-power to deal with this flanking business...and amphib tanks...shame on you:p
Our forces at the bridge were putting up a rather fine blocking obstacle along the coast, when all of sudden, we receive reports of Rangers wading across the stream on our left flank, supported by an Amphib tank! Foul Play I say!!!:mad:
The least You could do after we have spent all that time and effort , is saunter into our ambush like you are supposed to. I just don't have the man-power to deal with this flanking business...and amphib tanks...shame on you:p
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
Well, I don't know about any ambushes, but I am concerned about these AFVs that keep appearing and then disappearing. It's hard to keep track of what you have available when you do that.
For my part, I pushed the Germans out of that little village again. Let's see if those 5 Grenadier squads can rally themselves and stop running back to the south. I took out 2 squads, but there appears to be plenty left to fight.
I took out a couple squads and a Pz Luchs and a HT. That means I have at least 2 more HTs w/MGs and 1 HT with a short barrelled 75mm Gun to deal with. Plus the Jpz and another Luchs to deal with, not to forget about that elusive Flamwagon that appears from nowhere and vaporizes one of my squads every now and then.
For my part, I pushed the Germans out of that little village again. Let's see if those 5 Grenadier squads can rally themselves and stop running back to the south. I took out 2 squads, but there appears to be plenty left to fight.
I took out a couple squads and a Pz Luchs and a HT. That means I have at least 2 more HTs w/MGs and 1 HT with a short barrelled 75mm Gun to deal with. Plus the Jpz and another Luchs to deal with, not to forget about that elusive Flamwagon that appears from nowhere and vaporizes one of my squads every now and then.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
What you have seen, you are keeping good track of!...It is what you have yet to see, that I hope will stop you before Isigny.
The American has obviously linked up his forces along the coast with those from farther inland, for his drive to the South. His Armored vehicles and his infantry have doubled, and his front has narrowed. My small little ambush forces are no match for his onslaught. As my infantry are discovered, they are quickly smoked, supressed, flanked, and eliminated. I have discovered larger numbers of infantry than I had hoped for. If the American can continue to advance his armor with infantry support I am doomed. Not to mention that I have the unlucky task of seperating the two (infantry and armor) without the use of artillery!!
Why is it we Germans are always on the short end of the stick. Why don't you just leave the plundering of Europe to us, and go back to your cattle drives and Indian fights.
The American has obviously linked up his forces along the coast with those from farther inland, for his drive to the South. His Armored vehicles and his infantry have doubled, and his front has narrowed. My small little ambush forces are no match for his onslaught. As my infantry are discovered, they are quickly smoked, supressed, flanked, and eliminated. I have discovered larger numbers of infantry than I had hoped for. If the American can continue to advance his armor with infantry support I am doomed. Not to mention that I have the unlucky task of seperating the two (infantry and armor) without the use of artillery!!
Why is it we Germans are always on the short end of the stick. Why don't you just leave the plundering of Europe to us, and go back to your cattle drives and Indian fights.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
Let's remember that you were the aggressor in this battle. I was just minding my own business at lovely Pt do Hoc when you attacked me!
Anyway, after clearing out a few more squads from the contested village and catching that Sdkfz 250/9 (short barrelled 75mm Gun HT), I was merrily moving units around when BLAM! there goes one of my Shermans. It seems I had forgotten to check how thick my smoke screen was down the main road into the heart of German held territory. A few turns prior to this one I had spotted a JagdPanther dug into the middle of the road so I was careful not to give it a shot at my AFVs.... not this turn though:(
Anyway, after clearing out a few more squads from the contested village and catching that Sdkfz 250/9 (short barrelled 75mm Gun HT), I was merrily moving units around when BLAM! there goes one of my Shermans. It seems I had forgotten to check how thick my smoke screen was down the main road into the heart of German held territory. A few turns prior to this one I had spotted a JagdPanther dug into the middle of the road so I was careful not to give it a shot at my AFVs.... not this turn though:(
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
JagdPanther
Don't you just LOVE the sound of that word:D
As that vehicle was "in Cover" and had not moved or shot, I was under the misguided impression that it had not been seen. I will be playing much closer attention to my troops in the future.
I will be moving that vehicle. Maybe I will be able to play as good a shell game with my remaining AT weapons as I have with the Platoon of Flamwagons along the coast. The road to Isigny is lined with many perils!
May you fall victim to all of them!!
Don't you just LOVE the sound of that word:D
As that vehicle was "in Cover" and had not moved or shot, I was under the misguided impression that it had not been seen. I will be playing much closer attention to my troops in the future.
I will be moving that vehicle. Maybe I will be able to play as good a shell game with my remaining AT weapons as I have with the Platoon of Flamwagons along the coast. The road to Isigny is lined with many perils!
May you fall victim to all of them!!
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
The lord taketh and the Lord giveth - I lost that tank stupidly last turn, but this turn one of my breakdowns repaired itself and is motoring towards the action. 
I didn't see any German armor this turn. I just cleared out a few stubborn German squads and discovered another platoon is guarding another village on the coast. No easy flanking move that way I guess.
The far east, where it had been quiet for some time because I am too chicken to assault all that AAA in the swamp, just lit up because the Germans decided to move a 20mm AAA up to investigate a village that I control. I spotted it an sprayed it with enough MG fire to kill it. That means there are still 2 37mm AAA, 2 88mm AAA, and probably another 20mm out there.
I definitely will be happy to just keep my distance from them and hopefully they won't try to take the village from me.
I didn't see any German armor this turn. I just cleared out a few stubborn German squads and discovered another platoon is guarding another village on the coast. No easy flanking move that way I guess.
The far east, where it had been quiet for some time because I am too chicken to assault all that AAA in the swamp, just lit up because the Germans decided to move a 20mm AAA up to investigate a village that I control. I spotted it an sprayed it with enough MG fire to kill it. That means there are still 2 37mm AAA, 2 88mm AAA, and probably another 20mm out there.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom


