Hmmm. I have a question. What aspects of the game do people think are spot on and don't need massive corrections as a result of extensive play over the last year? Need to start somewhere.
Paraphrasing quote from movie "Apollo 13" when flight director has been given the list of all the things on the space ship that are broken.
"Ok people - how about telling what we have that is working on the spacecraft - what systems are good !"
Note that almost anything could use greater than zero improvement - but to your standard of some things that do not need "massive" corrections ... and note that we have extensive play results for many systems going back about 4 years to UV day 1 not just last 16 months since WITP release.
(1) Air search for TFs mostly works ... probably too well ... but you can set searches and they find TFs and they also fail to find TFs ... maybe not to perfect percentages .. but they are in the ball park ... now as to Air search versus subs .. that is a different matter as we know ...
(2) Air strike orders ... well we've been complaining about inability to target specific TFs since UV day 1 ... but most of us have at least adjusted to the way the system works ... it is far from perfect .. but we can launch air strikes against things and sometimes we will hit what we want and sometimes not ... again percentage breakdown isn't perfect .. but things happen and things do not happen and that part is correct.
(3) Air Transport ... we can move things by air transport. Yes, every now and then we have the disappearing unit problem ... but I've only had that happen 2 times in 2400 PBEM turns .. and I soldier on ... unfair things happen in real wars too.
(4) Air Transfers ... we can move planes between bases ... and we pay a penalty .. not a high enough one ... but at least greater than zero ... that isn't wrong.
(5) Pilot/Crew quality ... at least it is modeled .. and we have inexperienced pilots .. and they can't do much except die until we train them ... then they can do more ... so this part is good .. it could be better ... I spend 80% of every turn micromanging pilot training .. I'd like to see this changed .. I wanna spend more time on supply !
(5) Naval Movement ... we can move ships across the map from (A) to (B) ... and they get there ( most of the time ) ... they use fuel ... and they suffer some incidental damage. Those things are good. They could be better. But many of us have worked out ways to move without tripping over the lack of waypoints. But it has been this way since UV day 1 ... and we have finally adjusted.
(6) Naval Combat ... I hesitate to put this one in ... but Naval Battles happen .. and ships sink and ammo is expended .. and ships are damaged. And big powerful fleets usually beat weak unpowerful ones ... there are many many areas that need work in here .. but there is a basic system in place. And it produces results that are at least usually recognizable ( note absence of air combat in the above air section ).
(7) Naval Logistics ... ships use fuel .. and they get damaged and they need repairs and they need upgrades ... these things are good. Cargo capacities need work but they exist ... loading and unloading needs work but you can load and you can unload and there are some limits.
(8) Ground Logistics ... units use supply ... maybe not enough sometimes ... but they do use supply. Units need rest and recovery time after big exertions ... this is good.
(9) Ground combat ... in what I'd call "normal" battles ( base hexes ) ... the results are at least recognizable .. the larger force usually captures the base eventually, especially if better supplied. There are problems, artillery isn't recognizable ( I was in the artillery ) ... and non-base hex combat isn't recognizable ... but that is why I started talking about base-hex combat.
(10) Production ... the Japanese production system exists .. it allows reprioritization between air and naval assets. It requires regular massive deliveries of resources and oil .. this is very good !!! It shows us that without massive imports of raw materials, the Japanese production machine cannot function. Now are there problems too - of course, management of Japanese production is very convoluted ... we need a "production management screen" ... but constraints do exist. The Japanese cannot accelerate all the ships and build double their historical aircraft at the same time. Not in this game.
(11) FOW ... Fog of War exists in the game ... you can hide your major assets a bit ... especially the carriers ... this is good ... determining how strong enemy ground opposition is before a landing is pretty tough ... the numbers we see can be very wrong .. and can be meaningless ... this is very good !!! Could it be improved ? Absolutely but again we have a basic system in place that conceals information from us. That is good.
(12) AI ... I know the AI gets a lot of bad press .. but I'm not sure we often stop and think about all things it is doing for us !!! It moves the supply on the land for us. Now we don't always agree with what it is doing ... but we aren't going to complain about the 999 times out of 1000 where we do agree !!! For example in China ... I redeploy some troops and some airplanes .. and my bases go orange for a few turns .. but then the AI figures out where I am .. and corrects the situation ... that is great ... it would take me another hour per turn probably to set up the truck and wagon convoys and define the train routes and load the supply on the trains and the wagons and the trucks and give them orders and then unload them when they arrive etc. etc. the AI is working hard for us .. most of the time ( not always ) in this area. Same for the oil and resources ... we would have to load up trains in the home islands, in China, in SEA to move these resources points around every turn .. if it wasn't for the AI. Note, I want to be able to get involved in supply movement ... but I am pointing out that now the AI is working hard for us in this area.
Well ... there is an even dozen ... so fire away ... I'm sure I picked 12 things that at least someone thinks are the most broke in the whole game [:D]