Wild Sheep Chase - obvert (J) vs JocMeister (A)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]Ship Losses: 1 January, 1944[/font]

Here is a long list of the more critical ship losses.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments
1144shi..ossboth.jpg
1144shi..ossboth.jpg (854.99 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]Fighter Production and R n D: 1 January, 1944[/font]

Here is a look at the production numbers. R n D for the Sam is nearing readiness. The Ki-83 is next closest. Most of these are 45 fighters for me, so I have a good year of fighting with Franks, Georges and Jacks ahead. This will be tough.

The Ha-43 is about 4-5 months away from production so I'm not going to get any engine bonus on planes using that engine for a good while.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments
1144fighters.jpg
1144fighters.jpg (485.6 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]DD Shiranui: 1 January, 1944[/font]

This Kagero class destroyer began the war with the KB and has seen action in several different battles and in different roles. Recently it's been sitting at Singapore getting a refit. More AA and radars. These DDs used to be the most powerful on the board, but with the loss of an aft 12.7mm turret, 1/3 of the firepower is gone and they can't hope to match up against Fletchers.

I like seeing all of the journeys over almost a year for this ship on the map as well. It also made a trip to the Bay of Bengal with a bombardment TF, but that doesn't show as I didn't update tracker during that period.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments
1144Shirnui.jpg
1144Shirnui.jpg (750.06 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
koniu
Posts: 2763
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Konin, Poland, European Union

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by koniu »

Thank for economic update.
I will use it to plan how expand Japanese industry in next few months.
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]xAK Oregon Maru: 1 January, 1944[/font]

In the beginning of the game many of the Aden class were used bringing troops to the front from the HI. In the last year faster troop ships have been used exclusively after US TT began working, as these ships are too vulnerable with their slow speeds. In fact I've used them less and less for all duties. The 14 knot Husimi and Lima class are much more able to move past subs and the Lima can even survive one TT hit and make it back to port often.

Lately the OR Maru has been in a convoy running resources from Singers and supplies back. I'm now shutting this and other purpose built convoys for resources and just loading up returning amphib convoys only with them. There is a good surplus and stores for later at Manila if I should for some reason run low elsewhere.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments
1144ORmaru.jpg
1144ORmaru.jpg (712.21 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]14th Tank Regiment: 1 January, 1944[/font]

This unit had an exciting and combat heavy 42 in Burma, but since these guys have been sunning themselves and digging holes on Kweijalen. This is one of two units slated for the defense of the island and up until now this has seemed a dream assignment. Suddenly with the fall of Canton Island and the imminent invasion of Baker Island, the Allied war machine is seeming very real and quite close.

This island in the middle of the Pacific will be the final destination for this crew, so they had better make a stand for the Empire and make their families proud!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Attachments
1-1-44-14th tnk rgt.jpg
1-1-44-14th tnk rgt.jpg (404.54 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]PB Nagato Maru: 1 January, 1944[/font]

This ship has been everywhere and served in a variety of roles, from escort to ASW to fast transport. It has recently been escorting a TF of smaller tankers from Singers to Manila. I've shut these down until the subs hanging around these routes are neutralized.

Interestingly the experience of the crew has gotten stuck at 45 in spite of many interactions with subs and a lot of days steaming around.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Attachments
1-1-44-nagato maru.jpg
1-1-44-nagato maru.jpg (687.67 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: koniu

Thank for economic update.
I will use it to plan how expand Japanese industry in next few months.

Do you mean airframes?

I took a look at what jrcar was building in around 3/43 and realized i wasn't close, so recently I have been expanding some of the IJAAF fighter factories especially.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
koniu
Posts: 2763
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Konin, Poland, European Union

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: obvert

ORIGINAL: koniu

Thank for economic update.
I will use it to plan how expand Japanese industry in next few months.

Do you mean airframes?

I took a look at what jrcar was building in around 3/43 and realized i wasn't close, so recently I have been expanding some of the IJAAF fighter factories especially.
Link to That data?
I am looking but or i am blind or stupid and i cant find it.
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: koniu

ORIGINAL: obvert

ORIGINAL: koniu

Thank for economic update.
I will use it to plan how expand Japanese industry in next few months.

Do you mean airframes?

I took a look at what jrcar was building in around 3/43 and realized i wasn't close, so recently I have been expanding some of the IJAAF fighter factories especially.
Link to That data?
I am looking but or i am blind or stupid and i cant find it.

His post #1156 shows what he is building in May/44, and that is even more than what I saw originally.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]251 Ku S-1: 1 January, 1944[/font]

After beginning the game as a 45 plane elite unit, this group has down-sized and stands at 18 planes now. They fly the N1K1-J George, and although it still includes some very experienced pilots, there is no longer the depth of quality (with say had the group being over 80 exp) the group began the war with. I can tell from the low stats of lesser skills that few of these pilots were pre-war veterans.

These guys are in Rangoon and are mainly used in an interceptor role over that base. They will not be doing any sweeping due to the small size of the group, but still have been successful in a defensive role. Although they're only gotten 4 kills since down-sizing, they aren't losing many pilots either.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Attachments
1144251kus1.jpg
1144251kus1.jpg (743.15 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]I-25: 1 January, 1944[/font]

Having started out near PH in 41, this sub has moved all over the map as a hunting and recon specialist. I've not intentionally kept it out of harm's way, but I have used many of these Glen equipped subs just off the edges of the zones where I'd like to attack shipping.

Currently this sub is moving to the heart of the conflict in the Central Pacific. There are an enormous amount of ASW ships in the area as the Allies move CVs each turn to try to stay away from my patrols. I've only got a few healthy subs out here now, so the I-25 will move in to add to the party. I'm slightly worried about sending it in here, but I need what it can do.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments
1144I25.jpg
1144I25.jpg (682.34 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]Tonan Maru: 1 January, 1944[/font]

Here is an example of a Tonan class tanker movement during the past several hundred days. It's pretty clear that I've changed my routes several times during this period of the game. I was taking deep ocean routes from Manila to Tokyo and Nagato earlier in 43 and gradually these moved to Singapore/Manila to Nagasaki based on the security of the shallows, better concentration of ASW air and sea, and length of route.

This ship has just been loaded with oil and will move from Singapore to the HI over the next week or two. There is an AV and some of the best new E escorts with these valuable ships.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Attachments
1144ton..vement12.jpg
1144ton..vement12.jpg (658.82 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]3 - 4 January 1944[/font]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SUBS: [/font] Some good hits on the Pikuda near Miyako-jima. No other sub action. I did some re-working of the sub-picket off of Sumatra. it's mainly aimed at moves coming from off-map and from the India area. Another group is operating off of SW OZ, but I have good search with an Emily group at Exmouth and one at Cocos as well. It would take a lot of luck and weather to get past all of these warning systems and sneak up to Sumatra or Java.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SOUTH PACIFIC:[/font] More bombing of Buna. The supply here is gone and now the units are starting to get low. For the first time I'll give barges a try and see if I can't get something into the base. I have supply at Umboi which is only 4 hexes away. The barges are such short range options, but at least they are cheap. I'm sure his B-25D-1 will make short work of them, but it's worth a try. It's feeling like a shambles everywhere down here as there are partial unit stuck on many islands and only a few with any combat strength anymore.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]NORTH PACIFIC: [/font] The HQa and a big engineer unit are removed from Yunaska and brought to Paramushiro. Two more base forces and a few Naval Guard units to extract now.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]BURMA: [/font] The Allies are now in a closed hex from 3 sides and our troops are there in force. I have 4500 AV and a bunch of the better artillery available, plus two Corps HQs and as much AA as I could scrounge up. The divisions and brigades have built level 1 forts and after a fw more turns I'm sure all units will be at that level, and those with embedded engineers will be near 2. This is a plus 2 jungle hex, so not bad for defense. Two tanks divisions provide reserve and flank protection to the SW and another one tank and one regular infantry division plus a brigade provide the same to the NE. Toungoo has a brigade and arty, plus Burma Amy HQ.

If this turns into a slug-fest the defense might have the edge here. But I still don't know what he has, and I won't risk bombardments until the arty has forts built. I've been putting some fighters on LR CAP occasionally but it's risky because if the sweeps fly, it'll be 150 P-47s on the other end.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]CENTRAL PACFIC:[/font] Baker keeps getting slammed. The units here can't hold out and keep their fighting ability. Level 6 forts or not, this will just end up being a walkover once he lands. My only interest here is having some of the units extracted to rebuild quickly on the next line, which I do, and getting some shots at the CVs and BBs through sub attacks and a possible night air strike. The moon is near full!

[font="Trebuchet MS"]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR January 3, 44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Naval bombardment of Baker Island at 149,136

Allied Ships
BB Mississippi
CA Boston
CA Vincennes
CA San Francisco
CA Minneapolis
DD Heermann
DD Hazelwood
DD Guest
DD Erben
DD Caperton
DD Bullard
DD Clarence Bronson
DD Boyd
DD Black

Japanese ground losses:
48 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled

Airbase hits 9
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 25
Port hits 21
Port supply hits 2

BB Mississippi firing at Baker Island
CA Boston firing at 82nd Naval Guard Unit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Prome , at 55,50

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 30 minutes

Allied aircraft
Liberator II x 12
Liberator GR.III x 10
Wellington Ic x 14
Wellington B.X x 16
B-24D Liberator x 12
B-24D1 Liberator x 50
B-24J Liberator x 63

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Airbase hits 10
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 40

Aircraft Attacking:
16 x Wellington B.X bombing from 10000 feet
Airfield Attack: 8 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Prome , at 55,50

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Allied aircraft
Liberator B.III x 14
B-24D Liberator x 12
B-24D1 Liberator x 7
B-24J Liberator x 15
B-25C Mitchell x 34

Allied aircraft losses
B-25C Mitchell: 1 damaged

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 18

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x Liberator B.III bombing from 10000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon Air attack on Yokosuka 6th SNLF, at 149,136 (Baker Island)

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 28 minutes

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 139
SBD-5 Dauntless x 108
TBF-1 Avenger x 70

Allied aircraft losses
SBD-5 Dauntless: 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
229 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 13 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 27 disabled

Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
Ground Attack: 1 x 1000 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon Air attack on Kure 7th SNLF, at 99,129 (Buna)

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 75 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 22 minutes


Allied aircraft
Mitchell II x 36
B-25C Mitchell x 58
B-25D1 Mitchell x 94
F6F-3 Hellcat x 6

Allied aircraft losses
Mitchell II: 1 damaged
B-25D1 Mitchell: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
48 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x Mitchell II bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR January 4, 44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub attack near Miyako-jima at 92,67

Japanese Ships
E W-24
E Chidori
DD Shikinami
E W-25

Allied Ships
SS Picuda, hits 4

SS Picuda launches 2 torpedoes at E W-24
DD Shikinami attacking submerged sub ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on 82nd Naval Guard Unit, at 149,136 (Baker Island)

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 19,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 29 minutes


Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 139
SBD-5 Dauntless x 132
TBF-1 Avenger x 139


Allied aircraft losses
SBD-5 Dauntless: 5 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
139 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 4000'
Ground Attack: 1 x 1000 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/font]

Reinforcements: Some of these smaller units will be used on islands off of Sumatra to just make sure Jocke can't land there cheaply.

[font="Trebuchet MS"]xAK Horaizan Maru arrives at Nagasaki/Sasebo
MTB G-539 arrives at Shimizu
ML G-203 arrives at Yokohama/Yokosuka
28th Army arrives at Rangoon
49th Mountain Gun Regiment arrives at Keijo
49th Cavalry Regiment arrives at Keijo
49th Engineer Regiment arrives at Keijo

Aircraft D4Y4 Judy advances R&D
[/font]

Losses: None.

Ships Sunk: None.

[font="Trebuchet MS"]Previous report of sinking of SS Grunion incorrect. Intelligence reports ship is still in service[/font]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[font="Trebuchet MS"]I know these were used a lot in reality, but I am not sure their short range or fragility will offer much usefulness in game. What they need is camouflage and the orders to move only at night. [/font]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments
barge.jpg
barge.jpg (99.74 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
GreyJoy
Posts: 6750
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by GreyJoy »

loved your economic analisys Erik. I'm really surprised on how much supplies you managed to accumulate...i envy you as i have exactly half of yours in april 1943 [:(]
 
Are you sure you want to produce all those planes Jcar is producing? They seem a little bit too much to me...also considering how this game is developing...
 
 
User avatar
GreyJoy
Posts: 6750
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by GreyJoy »

Berges really don't work for me either... too short legged to have any real impact in the game...maybe just in the Solomons...but anywhere else they don't seem to be able to do a 3-4 hexes trip
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

loved your economic analisys Erik. I'm really surprised on how much supplies you managed to accumulate...i envy you as i have exactly half of yours in april 1943 [:(]

Are you sure you want to produce all those planes Jcar is producing? They seem a little bit too much to me...also considering how this game is developing...


You're on target for what I was already thinking as well. I don't think I'll have 500 Frank factories no matter if I need them or not. When I looked at his numbers though I realized I was so far below them that I might need a bump, plus it was right at the time I was getting Franks online. I am going to stick right about where I am right now and play through it even if pools get low for a while. It seems there are ups and downs in terms of activity, so often I can build pools while I wait for the next phase. Or just suffer. Either way I won't really be able to compete head on so I have to try to be sneaky about when CAP comes out.

Right now I have about 590 IJAAF fighter/FB factories producing and about 310 IJNAF fighters producing.

For supply I'm trying to keep 300k in Tokyo. That's my cutoff. lately I've been dipping just under, but i think it's on the rise again after all of the factory building and shipments to Burma. I've got 60k supply in Rangoon now so it's well topped up there. Your mod is probably more realistic, but I am happy I'm playing this for my first run through the whole campaign.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]5 - 6 January 1944[/font]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SUBS: [/font] My fears were justified. I sent the I-25 to its doom, getting it too close to the action. These Glen subs are best as scouts, not combatants right in on enemy com at TFs. It did go down fighting, launching 2 TT at DD Ammen (odd name) and was DCed until forced to surface.

It's odd how I'm happy to lose 4-5 subs to get one hit a on a CV, but losing this one actually hurts a bit. That's what makes this game fun, I guess. I do get attached to certain units and vessels, and i really want to do well by them. I was a bit too aggressive in my orders this time.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SOUTH PACIFIC:[/font] Woodlark Island is invaded! That was fast! Not what I was hoping for right now. Even though I've been taking everything out I had hoped it would take the Allied forces a while to prep for new targets. Unfortunately this puts a big fighter base right in the middle of my evacuation plans. Most of everything is out, but Tulagi still has a good number of units. I'm lucky he has left that field untouched for a few weeks. I'll now concentrate on the base forces, infantry and engineers. I have some xAKLs heading to Tulagi now to hopefully sneak out a few things.

Rabaul is now piled with units. Once the final pick-ups are done I'll try to instal infantry at Gasmata and Cape Gloucester. Then a few more units at Lae and Finschafen. Buka will be under fire soon so I might just pull the HQ there and move it back to the Marianas or to Hollandia and exchange it for an infantry force.

Jocke also landed a tank unit at Buna. I now know it's only the 1st Marine Division here, so 650-450 AV just about. Except I'm sure they have some supply!

Buna is getting pounded relentlessly by the 4Es and 2Es as well. All units are in the red for supplies now. I've formed a barge force and I'll drop supplies at Cape Gloucester and Buna if I can. I've got 3 BB 6 DD patrolling at Rabaul again, and two cruiser-led forces are on the way as well. I don't want any surprise incursions. I've dropped more mines at Rabaul as well. Subs will begin to spread som elsewhere around the next likely targets.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]BURMA: [/font] A bit quiet. Lots of sweeping. No bombing. Forces from Kunming are moving to line up on the border SW of Paoshan to get that area solidified with entrenched units.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]CENTRAL PACFIC:[/font] I finally got a shot at night from the Bettys. They went in on BB Mississippi and 8 made an attacking run. One was taken out by flak but the others put TT in the water, which is all I can ask. These will remain on for the duration of his interest in Baker. I'll be hoping for another shot. The moon is big for a least another week.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]CHINA:[/font] I haven't written about China in quite a while. I've had blocking forces on the roads coming out of the Chunking area for nearly a year now. Surprisingly the divisions only built to a level 2 fort in that time while some of the brigades got up to level 5, and even the HQs and arty were in the 3-4 range. Is that normal? Should divisions be able to built more than level 2 forts? I had assumed so and this seems odd that they didn't when other units did in the same hex.

I've just decided to move these units down into the center again and just keep an eye on Chinese forces. I've had recon on them continuously and there have been no attempts to break out. Chunking is listed as having 800k troops!

Some of my forces will be sent into the mountains toward the Burmese border. Others will form an army to hold central China in case of a breakout, protecting the area around Kweiyang and Chikhiang. All bases in Central China are nearing level 6 forts, and once they get there will stop building.

[font="Trebuchet MS"]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR January 5, 44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub attack near Canton Island at 154,138

Japanese Ships
SS I-25, hits 21, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Ammen
DD Barton
DD Lardner
DD Anthony

SS I-25 launches 2 torpedoes at DD Ammen
DD Barton fails to find sub and abandons search
DD Lardner attacking submerged sub ....
DD Lardner cannot establish contact with SS I-25
SS I-25 forced to surface!
DD Anthony firing on surfaced sub ....
Sub slips beneath the waves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on 82nd Naval Guard Unit, at 149,136 (Baker Island)

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 77 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 28 minutes

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 141
SBD-5 Dauntless x 129
TBF-1 Avenger x 138

Allied aircraft losses
SBD-5 Dauntless: 10 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
243 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 19 disabled

Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
Ground Attack: 1 x 1000 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Kure 7th SNLF, at 99,129 (Buna)

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 26 minutes

Allied aircraft
Mitchell II x 18
B-17E Fortress x 22
B-24D Liberator x 19
B-24D1 Liberator x 108
B-24J Liberator x 47
B-25C Mitchell x 31
F6F-3 Hellcat x 18
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 33

Allied aircraft losses
B-25C Mitchell: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
123 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 13 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x PB4Y-1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on 3rd Garrison Unit , at 99,129 (Buna)

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 65 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 19 minutes

Allied aircraft
Mitchell II x 18
B-25C Mitchell x 16
B-25D1 Mitchell x 95
F6F-3 Hellcat x 13

Allied aircraft losses
Mitchell II: 2 damaged
B-25D1 Mitchell: 4 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
16 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x Mitchell II bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR January 6, 44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Air attack on TF, near Baker Island at 149,136

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid detected at 35 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 12 minutes

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 7 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 1 destroyed by flak

Allied Ships
BB Mississippi

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 18in Type 91 Torpedo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Naval bombardment of Baker Island at 149,136

Allied Ships
BB Mississippi
CA Boston
CA Vincennes
CA San Francisco
CA Minneapolis
DD Heermann
DD Hazelwood
DD Guest
DD Erben
DD Caperton
DD Bullard
DD Clarence Bronson
DD Boyd
DD Black

Japanese ground losses:
205 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 9 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 16 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 33
Port hits 8
Port supply hits 3

OS2U-3 Kingfisher acting as spotter for BB Mississippi
BB Mississippi firing at 82nd Naval Guard Unit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Naval bombardment of Woodlark Island at 104,133

Allied Ships
BB Prince of Wales
BB Alabama
BB Massachusetts
BB Indiana
DD Doyle
DD Carmick
DD Meade
DD Hobby
DD Gillespie
DD Farenholt
DD Monssen
DD Gwin

Japanese ground losses:
Guns lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 11 (4 destroyed, 7 disabled)


Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 33
Port hits 12
Port supply hits 4

BB Prince of Wales firing at Woodlark Island
OS2U-3 Kingfisher acting as spotter for BB Alabama

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-Invasion action off Woodlark Island (104,133)
Defensive Guns engage approaching landing force

29 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Allied Ships
CL Honolulu
CL Helena
DD Caldwell
DD McCalla
DD Radford
DD LaVallette
APA Barnett
DD Frazier

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

CL Honolulu firing at 26th Recon Regiment
CL Helena firing at 5th Air Division

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amphibious Assault at Woodlark Island (104,133)

TF 312 troops unloading over beach at Woodlark Island, 104,133

Allied ground losses:
71 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 12 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 6 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 3 (0 destroyed, 3 disabled)
Vehicles lost 6 (0 destroyed, 6 disabled)

10 Support troops lost in surf during unload of 40th Infantry Div

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Yokosuka 6th SNLF, at 149,136 (Baker Island)

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 20,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 130
SBD-5 Dauntless x 127
TBF-1 Avenger x 90

Allied aircraft losses
SBD-5 Dauntless: 8 damaged
TBF-1 Avenger: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
321 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 27 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 17 disabled

Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
21 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
Ground Attack: 1 x 1000 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Kure 7th SNLF, at 99,129 (Buna)

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 27 minutes


Allied aircraft
Mitchell II x 18
B-17E Fortress x 20
B-24D Liberator x 21
B-24D1 Liberator x 86
B-24J Liberator x 31
B-25C Mitchell x 46
P-38H Lightning x 16
F6F-3 Hellcat x 17
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 35

Allied aircraft losses
Mitchell II: 2 damaged
B-25C Mitchell: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
90 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x PB4Y-1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on 91st Infantry Regiment, at 99,129 (Buna)

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 22 minutes


Allied aircraft
Mitchell II x 18
Spitfire Vc Trop x 12
B-25C Mitchell x 12
B-25D1 Mitchell x 95
P-38G Lightning x 3
P-38H Lightning x 30


Allied aircraft losses
B-25D1 Mitchell: 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x Mitchell II bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on 22nd Division, at 99,129 (Buna)

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 44 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 15 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-24D1 Liberator x 18
B-24J Liberator x 9
P-38G Lightning x 32
P-38H Lightning x 14

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-Invasion action off Buna (99,129)
Defensive Guns engage approaching landing force

301 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Allied Ships
LCT-60, Shell hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
SC-707
SC-706
LCI-24
LCI-22
LCI-62

Allied ground losses:
Vehicles lost 8 (3 destroyed, 5 disabled)

8cm T88 DP Gun Battery engaging LCT-60 at 5,000 yards
SC-706 firing to suppress enemy battery at 5,000 yards
SC-707 fired at enemy troops
SC-706 fired at enemy troops
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 5,000 yards
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 1,000 yards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amphibious Assault at Buna (99,129)

TF 124 troops unloading over beach at Buna, 99,129

Allied ground losses:
Vehicles lost 27 (0 destroyed, 27 disabled)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ground combat at Buna (99,129)

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 165 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 474

Defending force 17171 troops, 235 guns, 262 vehicles, Assault Value = 607

Assaulting units:
14th Garrison Unit
3rd Garrison Unit
22nd Division
91st Infantry Regiment
47th Engineer Regiment
Kure 7th SNLF
6th Garrison Unit /1
30th Field AA Machinecannon Company
16th AA Regiment
39th Road Const Co
57th Field AA Battalion
22nd JNAF AF Unit
55th Field AA Battalion
86th JAAF AF Coy

Defending units:
II Aus Corps Engineer Battalion
102nd Combat Engineer Regiment
1st Marine Division
1st USMC Corps Tank Bn /38
I US Amphib Corps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/font]

Reinforcements: The 29th Army will go to Southern Sumatra. The brigades in China will be bought out and garrison in the DEI. I've just made the first MTB TF to protect Rabaul, also.

The last Jill B6N2a will be ready in May, and that will give plenty of time to build pools and be ready for it to use it's radar when it arrives. The R n D factories are now being switched to more Frank Ki-84b.

[font="Trebuchet MS"]TK Choran Maru arrives at Maizuru
LST T-101 arrives at Shimonoseki
MTB G-11 arrives at Yokohama/Yokosuka
29th Army arrives at Singapore
8th Ind.Infantry Brigade arrives at Canton
10th Ind.Infantry Brigade arrives at Peiping

Aircraft B6N2a Jill advances R&D (5/44)
Aircraft Ki-84r Frank advances R&D (6/45)
[/font]

Losses: A sad day. [:(]

[font="Trebuchet MS"]Loss of SS I-25 on Jan 05, 1944 is admitted[/font]

Ships Sunk: None.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[font="Trebuchet MS"]The I-26, sister of the I-25 and the best pic I could find. [/font]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Attachments
I26.jpg
I26.jpg (42.55 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
obvert
Posts: 14051
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am
Location: PDX (and now) London, UK

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]7 - 8 January 1944[/font]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SUBS: [/font] The Skate takes out a slow 12 knot 8k load TK. My surprise along the West Coast has been located. I-17 is damaged and must return home now after a hunt by 3 AMs near Coos Bay.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SOUTH PACIFIC:[/font] My barges don't make it into Buna. A DD flotilla goes for them, but for some reason doesn't catch them. They just move back and try to unload at Umboi. Pretty useless. Bombing of troops at Buna continues. I lowered supply levels at several other bases hoping some would flow to these troops.

Woodlark unsurprisingly goes down to the 40th division. The damage to the fields it high, so it'll be a few days before it can be used to smash my still operating bases in the Solomons. Only one unit is not fully destroyed. The transport continues to go well, and I'm so very close to having all of the fully transportable units and pieces of the partially transportable ones out. Rabaul is packed right now. I've just sent supply in, and troops will be shuffled out. If this escape can continue to be positively managed I will consider it one of the more satisfying and successful missions of the campaign so far, equal to the managed retreat of the Burmese Army.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]BURMA: [/font] Well, flak is actually having an affect over the troops near Toungoo. He's sending the kitchen sink and having little affect, and only the big units have even built forts. This is a good sign that we can do well here. Each day 3-5 bombers are destroyed and quite a few more damaged by flak. The disruption and fatigue on the AA units is rising, but the rest of the troops are very low and seem virtually unaffected by these attacks.

I've got my fighters at Rangoon all set to LR CAP 4 hexes, but no drop tanks. This puts them in position to interdict raids over my troops, but none have done this so far. I will try a directed LR CAP again soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Kure 7th SNLF, at 99,129 (Buna)

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 79 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 27 minutes

Allied aircraft
Mitchell II x 36
B-17E Fortress x 21
B-24D Liberator x 15
B-24D1 Liberator x 112
B-24J Liberator x 44
B-25C Mitchell x 15
F6F-3 Hellcat x 18
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 33

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
41 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x PB4Y-1 Liberator bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]CENTRAL PACFIC:[/font]

[font="Trebuchet MS"]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR January 7, 44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invasion Support action off Buna (99,129)
Defensive Guns engage approaching landing force

248 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Allied Ships
LCT-59
LCT-61
LCT-60, heavy fires, heavy damage
SC-706
SC-707
LCI-22
LCI-62
LCI-24

Allied ground losses:
Vehicles lost 7 (3 destroyed, 4 disabled)

8cm T88 DP Gun Battery engaging LCT-59 at 8,000 yards
SC-706 fired at enemy troops
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 4,000 yards
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 2,000 yards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack near Namlea at 76,107

Japanese Ships
TK Tennan Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
PB Aoi Maru
SC Ch 25
PB Taiko Maru
PB Santos Maru

Allied Ships
SS Skate

SS Skate launches 4 torpedoes at TK Tennan Maru
Skate diving deep ....
PB Taiko Maru attacking submerged sub ....
PB Taiko Maru loses contact with SS Skate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack near Coos Bay at 211,59

Japanese Ships
SS I-17, hits 15

Allied Ships
AM Chief
AM Oracle
AM Competent

SS I-17 launches 2 torpedoes at AM Chief
I-17 diving deep ....
AM Competent fails to find sub, continues to search...
AM Competent attacking submerged sub ....
SS I-17 eludes ASW attack from AM Chief
AM Competent fails to find sub and abandons search
Escort abandons search for sub

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on 2nd Guards Division, at 56,49 , near Toungoo

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 79 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 30 minutes

Allied aircraft
Liberator II x 15
Liberator GR.III x 9
Wellington Ic x 16
Wellington B.X x 15
B-17F Fortress x 11
B-24D Liberator x 23
B-24D1 Liberator x 41
B-24J Liberator x 45
B-25C Mitchell x 32
P-40K Warhawk x 47

Allied aircraft losses
Liberator II: 2 damaged
Wellington Ic: 1 damaged
Wellington B.X: 2 damaged
B-24D Liberator: 4 damaged
B-24D1 Liberator: 2 damaged
B-24D1 Liberator: 1 destroyed by flak
B-24J Liberator: 1 damaged
B-24J Liberator: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese ground losses:
17 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x Wellington B.X bombing from 10000 feet
Ground Attack: 8 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on 2nd Division, at 56,49 , near Toungoo

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid spotted at 13 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-24D1 Liberator x 9

Allied aircraft losses
B-24D1 Liberator: 2 damaged
B-24D1 Liberator: 1 destroyed by flak

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 10000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR January 8, 44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub attack near Baker Island at 149,138

Japanese Ships
SS RO-105, hits 9

Allied Ships
DD Hoel
DD McCord
DD Luce

SS RO-105 launches 2 torpedoes at DD Hoel
DD McCord fails to find sub and abandons search
DD Luce fails to find sub, continues to search...
DD Luce fails to find sub, continues to search...
DD Luce fails to find sub, continues to search...
DD Luce fails to find sub, continues to search...
DD Luce attacking submerged sub ....
Escort abandons search for sub


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Time Surface Combat, near Finschhafen at 100,127, Range 30,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
LB-131
LB-132
LB-133
LB-134
LB-135
LB-501
LB-502
LB-503
LB-504
LB-505
LB-506
LB-507

Allied Ships
DD Fletcher
DD Bache
DD Bradford
DD Conway

Maximum visibility in Partly Cloudy Conditions: 24,000 yards
Range closes to 28,000 yards...
CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 28,000 yards
Range increases to 30,000 yards...
Japanese Barge TF evades combat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Kure 7th SNLF, at 99,129 (Buna)

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 79 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 27 minutes


Allied aircraft
Mitchell II x 36
B-17E Fortress x 21
B-24D Liberator x 15
B-24D1 Liberator x 112
B-24J Liberator x 44
B-25C Mitchell x 15
F6F-3 Hellcat x 18
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 33

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
41 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x PB4Y-1 Liberator bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on 2nd Guards Division, at 56,49 , near Toungoo

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 29 minutes

Allied aircraft
Liberator II x 15
Liberator B.III x 13
Liberator GR.III x 9
Wellington B.X x 16
B-17F Fortress x 11
B-24D Liberator x 10
B-24D1 Liberator x 45
B-24J Liberator x 75
B-25C Mitchell x 45

Allied aircraft losses
Liberator II: 2 damaged
Liberator GR.III: 1 damaged
Wellington B.X: 3 damaged
B-24D Liberator: 5 damaged
B-24D Liberator: 1 destroyed by flak
B-24D1 Liberator: 3 damaged
B-24J Liberator: 4 damaged
B-25C Mitchell: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
70 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
16 x Wellington B.X bombing from 12000 feet
Ground Attack: 8 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on 55th Division, at 56,49 , near Toungoo

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 75 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 28 minutes


Allied aircraft
Wellington Ic x 15
B-24D Liberator x 10
B-25C Mitchell x 16


Allied aircraft losses
Wellington Ic: 1 damaged
Wellington Ic: 1 destroyed by flak
B-24D Liberator: 3 damaged
B-25C Mitchell: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese ground losses:
11 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x Wellington Ic bombing from 12000 feet
Ground Attack: 8 x 500 lb GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ground combat at Woodlark Island (104,133)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 10864 troops, 229 guns, 288 vehicles, Assault Value = 388

Defending force 1056 troops, 17 guns, 77 vehicles, Assault Value = 15

Allied engineers reduce fortifications to 4

Allied adjusted assault: 89

Japanese adjusted defense: 7

Allied assault odds: 12 to 1 (fort level 4)

Allied forces CAPTURE Woodlark Island !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker: leaders(-)

Japanese ground losses:
38 casualties reported
Squads: 4 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 54 destroyed, 6 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 11 (11 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 59 (53 destroyed, 6 disabled)


Allied ground losses:
9 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
40th Infantry Division

Defending units:
26th Recon Regiment
15th Naval Const Bn /1
60th Fld AA Bn /1
5th Air Div /1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/font]

Reinforcements: A few new gun units, one bought back.

[font="Trebuchet MS"]TK Eiwa Maru #4 arrives at Kagoshima
TK Akikawa Maru arrives at Kagoshima
3rd Ind.AA Gun Co arrives at Tokyo
30th Field Artillery Regiment arrives at Tokyo
TK Oei Maru arrives at Nagoya
ML G-204 arrives at Hakodate
[/font]

Losses: Another TK. I just got three new ones, and at least this one was empty when sunk.

[font="Trebuchet MS"]Loss of TK Tennan Maru on Jan 07, 1944 is admitted[/font]

Ships Sunk: I thought after three TT this ship could have actually sunk, but it looks like not. It may be now moving somewhere though, based on this report. Back to the West Coast, maybe?

[font="Trebuchet MS"]
Previous report of sinking of BB Colorado incorrect. Intelligence reports ship is still in service
[/font]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[font="Trebuchet MS"]Most of the Indian Army is in Burma. I still don't know how much. Interestingly he also doesn't know what I've moved in as he hasn't bombarded. If he's adding up the units listed in bombing though he might be getting a good idea. Glad anyway that it's all taking so much time.[/font]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments
Sherman11.jpg
Sherman11.jpg (32.64 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

Post by bigred »

Hi Overt. Is it possible you got a hit w/ the betty attack but because of night you do not receive a hit report?
CENTRAL PACIFIC: I finally got a shot at night from the Bettys. They went in on BB Mississippi and 8 made an attacking run. One was taken out by flak but the others put TT in the water, which is all I can ask. These will remain on for the duration of his interest in Baker. I'll be hoping for another shot. The moon is big for a least another week.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”