Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
I like taking the extra time off to bring the BB in earlier makes some sense.
What about Musashi and her dates?
What about Musashi and her dates?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Prob best is to have her with lower experience and a 18" device with less accuracy , fewer AA guns , and start with 10 sys and 5 eng damage. A refit in Jan gives these upgrades anyway its quite obvious that she was ready for action in case of a major fleet action after PH .
For Musashi ...
5 August 1942:
Battleship No. 2 is completed and named Musashi She is registered in the Yokosuka Naval District three months late because of the requirement to be fitted as a flagship with additional communications gear. Captain Arima is assigned as the Commanding Officer. She is moved from Nagasaki to Kure for fitting-out.
MUSASHI is assigned to the Combined Fleet's BatDiv 1 with YAMATO, NAGATO and MUTSU.
10 August 1942:
MUSASHI arrives at Hashirajima where she carries out additional tests, such as full speed trials and maneuvering in the Iyo Nada, mooring and aircraft launch drills.
3-28 September 1942:
Final fitting-out at Kure. MUSASHI’s initial AA suite is twelve 127-mm guns (6X2), twenty-four 25-mm guns (8x3) and four 13.2-mm machine guns (2X2). Twelve additional 25-mm guns (4X3) and a Type 21 radar are installed during this period.
28 September 1942:
Returns to Hashirajima for trials.
October-November 1942:
Training, gunnery practice in the western Inland Sea.
1 November 1942:
Captain Arima is promoted to Rear Admiral.
December 1942:
Western Inland Sea. Conducts air training exercises with carrier ZUIKAKU.
18 January 1943:
Departs Kure.
22 January 1943:
Arrives at Truk.
For Musashi ...
5 August 1942:
Battleship No. 2 is completed and named Musashi She is registered in the Yokosuka Naval District three months late because of the requirement to be fitted as a flagship with additional communications gear. Captain Arima is assigned as the Commanding Officer. She is moved from Nagasaki to Kure for fitting-out.
MUSASHI is assigned to the Combined Fleet's BatDiv 1 with YAMATO, NAGATO and MUTSU.
10 August 1942:
MUSASHI arrives at Hashirajima where she carries out additional tests, such as full speed trials and maneuvering in the Iyo Nada, mooring and aircraft launch drills.
3-28 September 1942:
Final fitting-out at Kure. MUSASHI’s initial AA suite is twelve 127-mm guns (6X2), twenty-four 25-mm guns (8x3) and four 13.2-mm machine guns (2X2). Twelve additional 25-mm guns (4X3) and a Type 21 radar are installed during this period.
28 September 1942:
Returns to Hashirajima for trials.
October-November 1942:
Training, gunnery practice in the western Inland Sea.
1 November 1942:
Captain Arima is promoted to Rear Admiral.
December 1942:
Western Inland Sea. Conducts air training exercises with carrier ZUIKAKU.
18 January 1943:
Departs Kure.
22 January 1943:
Arrives at Truk.
Underdog Fanboy
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Thanks BK. I will seriously look at the ships, dates, and upgrades. Might be a nice thing to work on.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
hehe looks like somone was not happy she wouldnt be ready when the war started ...Reminds me of K19.
1 November 1941:
Kure. Captain (later Vice Admiral) Takayanagi Gihachi (former CO of ISE) is posted as Battleship No. 1's Chief Equipping Officer. Rear Admiral Miyazato is reassigned as Chief of Personnel for Kure Naval District.
1 November 1941:
Kure. Captain (later Vice Admiral) Takayanagi Gihachi (former CO of ISE) is posted as Battleship No. 1's Chief Equipping Officer. Rear Admiral Miyazato is reassigned as Chief of Personnel for Kure Naval District.
Underdog Fanboy
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
I see nothing wrong with your lists, John. As about giving Yamato and Musashi earlier, remember, that Japanese production is specifically balanced to take in the account them arriving on the dates they arrive in stock.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
ORIGINAL: FatR
I see nothing wrong with your lists, John. As about giving Yamato and Musashi earlier, remember, that Japanese production is specifically balanced to take in the account them arriving on the dates they arrive in stock.
Thats the dev line , somehow i never found this line convincing
We do need to prob redo the sums as what can be built but i dont think AE stock is correct. Prob if you do the historical AE build and accelerate one of ships say Musashi to rep Shinano you should have about 0 nav points left.
Note the counter argument is you are getting free credit for the Musashi and Shinano since it was being accelerated for half of its production however in a mod or a player which doesnt build Shinano you are loosing that capacity.
Underdog Fanboy
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
EDIT: Never mind this post, my worries probably were misguided.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Hi guys.
I don't think I'll move them up very much but I do think, perhaps, 4-6 weeks might be fairly realistic. I went through the editor and think it just might be easier to advance the date some (save the HI) and use that for a new deployment time.
This should be an improvement that doesn't have a huge impact on things.
I don't think I'll move them up very much but I do think, perhaps, 4-6 weeks might be fairly realistic. I went through the editor and think it just might be easier to advance the date some (save the HI) and use that for a new deployment time.
This should be an improvement that doesn't have a huge impact on things.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Hello - In my game against JonReb - with heavy Chinese army group size of attacks - I have been loss big number of infantry squads - when will Japanese economy produce replacement squads please - thank you tone.
Both the victor
and the vanquished are
but drops of dew,
but bolts of lightning -
thus should we view the world.
Ôuchi Yoshitaka
1507-1551
and the vanquished are
but drops of dew,
but bolts of lightning -
thus should we view the world.
Ôuchi Yoshitaka
1507-1551
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Hi guys.
I don't think I'll move them up very much but I do think, perhaps, 4-6 weeks might be fairly realistic. I went through the editor and think it just might be easier to advance the date some (save the HI) and use that for a new deployment time.
This should be an improvement that doesn't have a huge impact on things.
If you move it up 12th of Feb is a good day since she was Flagship if the fleet then.
Underdog Fanboy
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
ORIGINAL: Tone
Hello - In my game against JonReb - with heavy Chinese army group size of attacks - I have been loss big number of infantry squads - when will Japanese economy produce replacement squads please - thank you tone.
They are replaced as needed put the unit in a base with 20K + supplies.
Underdog Fanboy
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Good luck having that amount of supply in China. I've been able to keep Shanghai over 20,000 but that has mostly been it.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
I just ran Tracker (thanks to Michael's help yesterday) and found how HORRIBLE the engine shortage is for Japan at the start of the war. I need to expand engine production by about 400 for the START of the war! That is a bunch. Guess it makes sense since the Emily starts at 24/month (100 engines), doubled Zero and Val, raised Kate,and added to Betty. It all adds up fast.
Stan is correct also in needing a massive expansion for the Helens and Tojos when they come in later in 1942.
Shipyards:
1. On the positive side, my Shipyards are running a slight surplus (halted Musashi for the moment)so everything there is moving forward. Don't really see the need for massed expansion of the Naval Shipyards so that is good.
2. The Merchants are running about 100 short. About half of this comes from yard conversion in the Mod. Will have to address somewhat.
EDIT: The only changes I see from this for the Mark Two Mod is in the engine area.
Stan is correct also in needing a massive expansion for the Helens and Tojos when they come in later in 1942.
Shipyards:
1. On the positive side, my Shipyards are running a slight surplus (halted Musashi for the moment)so everything there is moving forward. Don't really see the need for massed expansion of the Naval Shipyards so that is good.
2. The Merchants are running about 100 short. About half of this comes from yard conversion in the Mod. Will have to address somewhat.
EDIT: The only changes I see from this for the Mark Two Mod is in the engine area.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
I'm running a major supply convoy to China from Day 1. Plus, now that my troops started taking Chinese industrial centers, this should ease the burden somewhat.ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Good luck having that amount of supply in China. I've been able to keep Shanghai over 20,000 but that has mostly been it.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
This is something that should be left to players.ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Stan is correct also in needing a massive expansion for the Helens and Tojos when they come in later in 1942.
Strange, in my game I have a steady surplus of Merchant points (you can see it in my AAR). Maybe you did some shipyard conversions?ORIGINAL: John 3rd
2. The Merchants are running about 100 short. About half of this comes from yard conversion in the Mod. Will have to address somewhat.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
FatR--Good idea to keep the supplies running into China. Need to get rolling with that pronto.
On the Helen and Tojo engine comment, I meant that the Naval Engines need to be expanded to reflect current needs as of Dec 7th. Anything else is up to the player to handle! Sorry if that was confusing...
Juan--Do you have a ballpark idea of when you'll be able to work on your stuff?
On the Helen and Tojo engine comment, I meant that the Naval Engines need to be expanded to reflect current needs as of Dec 7th. Anything else is up to the player to handle! Sorry if that was confusing...
Juan--Do you have a ballpark idea of when you'll be able to work on your stuff?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
One more it would be nice to have Tojo Chutai which was at Saigon when the war started ? It really helps vs those pesky low level B17 raids on Saigon. ( Note these were test planes and you cant replace them..)
Underdog Fanboy
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
We are about a month in to the war by now.
As somewhat of a masochist, I like the fact that the Japanese will have carrier superiority until early 1944. I wouldnt recommend adding more than a couple of CVLs for the allies.
I like the Ranger task force idea. If it had to be withdrawn in maybe February 1942, then it would somewhat limit the early Japanese freedom of movement, but also not unbalance the carrier balance of power later on.
I think that a China increased in strength makes a nice counter balance to the more powerful Japanese navy, and at least gives the allied player somewhere he can do limited offensives early in the war. However, in the version we are playing China starts off far too powerful. Going from Tone`s figures in post 115, maybe a starting strength of around 30000AV would be a good balance? As others have previously stated, China would then need additional supply to support this army.
As somewhat of a masochist, I like the fact that the Japanese will have carrier superiority until early 1944. I wouldnt recommend adding more than a couple of CVLs for the allies.
I like the Ranger task force idea. If it had to be withdrawn in maybe February 1942, then it would somewhat limit the early Japanese freedom of movement, but also not unbalance the carrier balance of power later on.
I think that a China increased in strength makes a nice counter balance to the more powerful Japanese navy, and at least gives the allied player somewhere he can do limited offensives early in the war. However, in the version we are playing China starts off far too powerful. Going from Tone`s figures in post 115, maybe a starting strength of around 30000AV would be a good balance? As others have previously stated, China would then need additional supply to support this army.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
BK---There was a second Tojo Chutai or do you mean the one that traditionally starts in Canton? If there were TWO Chutai at start, I have no issue with that correction. Why aren't they there to start with?
Yubari---Comments:
1. I think there needs to be some sort of enticement for an Allied player. If I had my druthers, I would leave things like they are due to the fact we know the Americans will crush Japan anyway, however, adding a little bit to the OOB as an emergency program makes sense and will be highly anticipated by the American players...
2. The Ranger--to me--is a far more interesting option but I simply cannot figure how to work the withdrawal side of the things. Bringing the CV into the fracas would be a lot of fun but how many players can you imagine wanting to pull a Yorktown-Class if they lost Ranger? It could be run like the Brits but I find it to be a royal pain, thus, we go back to point one with adding a couple of CVL.
3. China---I HATE CHINA but the goal of the Mod is to be as historical as possible for the Dec 7th start. A fully fleshed out China is insane. In my game with Michael I dread the moment they can move and attack.
Yubari---Comments:
1. I think there needs to be some sort of enticement for an Allied player. If I had my druthers, I would leave things like they are due to the fact we know the Americans will crush Japan anyway, however, adding a little bit to the OOB as an emergency program makes sense and will be highly anticipated by the American players...
2. The Ranger--to me--is a far more interesting option but I simply cannot figure how to work the withdrawal side of the things. Bringing the CV into the fracas would be a lot of fun but how many players can you imagine wanting to pull a Yorktown-Class if they lost Ranger? It could be run like the Brits but I find it to be a royal pain, thus, we go back to point one with adding a couple of CVL.
3. China---I HATE CHINA but the goal of the Mod is to be as historical as possible for the Dec 7th start. A fully fleshed out China is insane. In my game with Michael I dread the moment they can move and attack.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
WHats it doing in Canton ...Who is the commander
"The pre-production Ki-44 aircraft and two of the prototypes were turned over to the Army for service trials on 15 September 1941. The type commenced operations with one experimental unit, the 47th Chutai (Independent Air Company) ("Kawasemi Buntai", Kingfisher Unit) sent to Saigon, Indochina in December 1941 with nine aircraft under the command of Major Toshio Sakagawa."
"The pre-production Ki-44 aircraft and two of the prototypes were turned over to the Army for service trials on 15 September 1941. The type commenced operations with one experimental unit, the 47th Chutai (Independent Air Company) ("Kawasemi Buntai", Kingfisher Unit) sent to Saigon, Indochina in December 1941 with nine aircraft under the command of Major Toshio Sakagawa."
Underdog Fanboy

