Future of games like WITP

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

ZOOMIE1980
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:07 am

RE: Revisionist History

Post by ZOOMIE1980 »

Nice sentiment. Well done.
User avatar
Belce
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Canada

RE: Revisionist History

Post by Belce »

Thank you
Truth is truth
User avatar
Desertmole
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:22 am

RE: Revisionist History

Post by Desertmole »

One comment, then back to wargaming - Some of us across the pond are Americans as well, and here, at least, we are getting out the vote![8D]

Rhondabrwn said: "Ah yes, the Great Naval Battles series... I would love to see that series updated and brought back, especially Volume III (Pacific Carrier Warfare), but done better than the original. Just a thought, but could you imagine fighting out the WITP surface battles with a "jump into the turret" option using something like Great Naval Battles? "

I am playing a lot of UV right now, trying to decide whether I will buy WitP (and also lurking around this board as well). One thing that struck me was that the UV supply and fuel system seem to be straight out of GNB 2. I used to enjoy the long scenario a whole lot, and played it many times from both sides. Obviously UV has solid roots in GNB, considering they share the same daddys. UV has a lot more, but computers are capable of a heck of a lot more than they were in the early 90s when GNB came out. I, too, would have appreciated the opportunity to "jump into the turret."

I really enjoyed the damage-control part of the GNB series. The only thing that bugged me was that several times I was on the verge of saving a badly damaged ship, and then the "fast mode" or whatever it was called would kick in and I couldn't react quickly enough to stop the fires and flooding and would lose her. Wish there had been a way to keep the fast mode from kicking in, but there wasn't any.[:@]
I only wish I had you, the gentlemen of the pen, exposed for once to a smart skirmishing fire...
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”