SH3 goes gold is it just me
Moderator: maddog986
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Sorry I didn't explian it properly.
I was in a rush.
I understand all about the contacts on the navigation map and after time the contact dissapears. What Im talking about is the contact not fading out but instantly dissapearing. Didn't take much to work out I wouldnt have thought. Still sorry.
Thanks for the tip. I did think they actually moved. Thanks again.
I was in a rush.
I understand all about the contacts on the navigation map and after time the contact dissapears. What Im talking about is the contact not fading out but instantly dissapearing. Didn't take much to work out I wouldnt have thought. Still sorry.
Thanks for the tip. I did think they actually moved. Thanks again.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
I find plotting possible courses for signal contacts... then when they are gone or show up farther along I can adjust
"Tanks forward"
- Charles2222
- Posts: 3687
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
ORIGINAL: wodin
Sorry I didn't explian it properly.
I was in a rush.
I understand all about the contacts on the navigation map and after time the contact dissapears. What Im talking about is the contact not fading out but instantly dissapearing. Didn't take much to work out I wouldnt have thought. Still sorry.
Thanks for the tip. I did think they actually moved. Thanks again.
It seems like the only ones that would disappear, since I now understand you, would be ones that were sighted vis direct sight, such that diving without the periscope up would lose it.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Actually all contacts disapear after a bit of time... either signal contacts where you get a message as in convoy large heading east slow at al 65 as well as your own visual contacts
"Tanks forward"
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Great mods at SubSim.com.
Fatigue mod over at sub sim. Crew fatigue after 8 hours. Pefect.
Good Compass mod.
Great new ship recognition mod it now shows which areas are more vunerable than others.
Fatigue mod over at sub sim. Crew fatigue after 8 hours. Pefect.
Good Compass mod.
Great new ship recognition mod it now shows which areas are more vunerable than others.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
ORIGINAL: Tankerace
You do realize that after the 1st war patrol, you can assign the Gunner or Flak Gunner qualification, right? Of my 16 POs, I have 5 torpedomen, 2 watchmen, 2 machinists, 1 medic, 1 radioman, 1 Gunner, and 1 Flak Gunner. I am on my 9th Patrol, out of Brest.
Currently working on: "The Perfect Chief of the Boat" (Helmsman, Machinist, Repairman)[:D] I don't know if I just lucked out or what, but I've got a CWO qualified on sonar and I'm picking up ships waaaaay off. Seems like a full 24 hours before they ever come to the party.

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
sounds good.. and I fanally have seen both lightning and rain.. and Heavy fog so thick I couldn't see the Cargo ship at 500 meters.. talk about imersion..
I really like the type IX..
I really like the type IX..
"Tanks forward"
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Yeah, just got myself a IX boat myself. WOW. Its like driving a limo after riding in a compact car. And to boot, 2 days out of port I see a convoy. Time to put the ol' 105 to some use.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Can't wait for a IX... Is the manual correct in saying that the IXb's max depth is 350m? That's deeper than any other boat -- even the IXc. Just wondering if that's a typo.
Trailing a convoy in my VIIb (hehehe... the Kriegsmarine version of "Rollin' in my six-four"[:D]) and have had a weird experience. I'm all out of torps -- have been for the past week or so. But I've got lots of fuel, and a full deck gun. The weather won't cooperate, though. So I picked up a convoy and started shadowing it after I sent a contact report to BdU. I was running submerged so I cheated and F12'd to check the weather. Man is it rough up there. I notice, though, that way off on the horizon is a lone ship, separated from the convoy. "What is that?" I wonder. I fast cam over and discover that it's a coastal merchant swamped and going under. Over the next hour or so of game time, 3 more of the little fellers swamped and showed up on the nav map as sunk. Was it weather (I wouldn't be surprised)? Or other boats responding to the contact report I sent? The weird thing is that, after the convoy and I moved off to the east -- far enough to lose visual contact with the swamped merchants -- they reappeared on the map as travelling ships -- along with the sunk ship icons in the same spot (or almost so).
It hath me much vexed.[&:]
I'll post it at subsim, too, I just thought I'd throw that out....[:)]
Trailing a convoy in my VIIb (hehehe... the Kriegsmarine version of "Rollin' in my six-four"[:D]) and have had a weird experience. I'm all out of torps -- have been for the past week or so. But I've got lots of fuel, and a full deck gun. The weather won't cooperate, though. So I picked up a convoy and started shadowing it after I sent a contact report to BdU. I was running submerged so I cheated and F12'd to check the weather. Man is it rough up there. I notice, though, that way off on the horizon is a lone ship, separated from the convoy. "What is that?" I wonder. I fast cam over and discover that it's a coastal merchant swamped and going under. Over the next hour or so of game time, 3 more of the little fellers swamped and showed up on the nav map as sunk. Was it weather (I wouldn't be surprised)? Or other boats responding to the contact report I sent? The weird thing is that, after the convoy and I moved off to the east -- far enough to lose visual contact with the swamped merchants -- they reappeared on the map as travelling ships -- along with the sunk ship icons in the same spot (or almost so).
It hath me much vexed.[&:]
I'll post it at subsim, too, I just thought I'd throw that out....[:)]

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
type nine b.. crush depth 165 meters.. you must be thinking or reading.. or a typo.. the last boat..XXI 275 meters pg50 IX is on pg 49 at 225 but that is a max depth as in good luck.. my test crushed my hull just after 170 meters! the VIIC rates250mtr actual test .. so it would be best overall for depth.. probably a good late war pick before the XXI
"Tanks forward"
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
You're right -- I goofed up makes and models. The Type VIIc/42 will dive to 350 max (p. 47). I still want a IX, though. Don't think I'll live long enough to get a XXI.[:D]

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
I just got that XI boat, very sweet so far, It was hard to part with my VII tho, I had her up to 20 knots on the surface!!
But that new 105mm cannon should help out a lot! and its suppose to be "better"
Maby now I can FINALLY run into some bigger ships, I swear I have sunk every merchent ship and destroyer in the entire british navy lol
But that new 105mm cannon should help out a lot! and its suppose to be "better"
Maby now I can FINALLY run into some bigger ships, I swear I have sunk every merchent ship and destroyer in the entire british navy lol
Jason Blaz
Way to much to list here!
Way to much to list here!
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
ORIGINAL: freeboy
Deep six.. what kind of realism are you playing on?
A next-to-impossible 37%[;)].
At that level you can practically surface and give that Tribal class the finger![:'(]

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
I got in a gun battle with an Armed Trawler at 100% realism... I got him, but the tin can almost got me... then ala Run Silent Run deep I dived, and game him 2 fish.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
"Ya know, if we leave the hatch open, and water comes in, the boat will go down faster." -Don Rickles, in RSRD.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Woohoo at last I got my first cargo ship and about to intercept another! In a type II and thankgod it was one torpedo one kill.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
"Ya know, if we leave the hatch open, and water comes in, the boat will go down faster." -Don Rickles, in RSRD
LOL ROFLMAO!!![:D]
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
LOL.
You can do that to a destroyer on 100%. But the only thing I can brag about is duking it out with a PT boat (got it with the flak gun). Yes sir. Add another whopping 35 tons to me total.[:D]
Way to go on the down-the-throat attack!
You can do that to a destroyer on 100%. But the only thing I can brag about is duking it out with a PT boat (got it with the flak gun). Yes sir. Add another whopping 35 tons to me total.[:D]
Way to go on the down-the-throat attack!




