CHS Scenario update now available - version 2.07

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
invernomuto
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Turin, Italy

RE: Weird...just got the first turn and Middle East is missing.

Post by invernomuto »

Could I upgrade a running game with CHS 2.05 (just started) or I need a restart?

Bye
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: CHS Scenario update now available

Post by JWE »

Oh poopdoodle! Did I screw up again?

I've been trying to keep current with CHS, but all my zip files have generic names. I have CHS_base_2b and Scenario_155, etc ... I have no clue as to the rev version and I'm very confused. I'm sure I messed up some of the graphic files because I didn't have the most current version of the CHS scenarios.

Andrew, could you please denote the file names with a rev number or some other indicia? Thanks much.

Ciao. JWE
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: CHS Scenario update now available

Post by ny59giants »

Glad to see the F6F numbers up from 144 to 230 per month. [:D]
Andy will be happy (even though it doesn't effect his game against PzB). [:(]
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
Andrew Brown
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hex 82,170
Contact:

RE: Weird...just got the first turn and Middle East is missing.

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: invernomuto
Could I upgrade a running game with CHS 2.05 (just started) or I need a restart?

Unfortunately, you can't upgrade a game already started.
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Image
User avatar
Andrew Brown
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hex 82,170
Contact:

RE: CHS Scenario update now available

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Oh poopdoodle! Did I screw up again?

I've been trying to keep current with CHS, but all my zip files have generic names. I have CHS_base_2b and Scenario_155, etc ... I have no clue as to the rev version and I'm very confused. I'm sure I messed up some of the graphic files because I didn't have the most current version of the CHS scenarios.

Andrew, could you please denote the file names with a rev number or some other indicia? Thanks much.

Ciao. JWE

OK. I will add version numbers to the scenario filenames.

The CHS Base file (CHS_base_2c now) is independent of the scenario version (2.06). The CHS Base file contains all of the CHS art and documentation, and it is kept as a separate file because it is big, and this means it doesn't have to be downloaded every time the scenario gets updated.

The CHS Base file is actually going to be updated again soon as some more "pink" ships have been found and corrected.

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Image
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: Weird...just got the first turn and Middle East is missing.

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

[&:]

The Middle East base is missing on my map...not even a base flag which would show for scenario 155 version 2.05. Is this a first turn issue like having no ship availability toggle?

I'm guessing from this comment that you don't read the documentation Ron? [:)]

Missed the last couple.[;)]
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: Weird...just got the first turn and Middle East is missing.

Post by Ron Saueracker »

I'm updating the non-respawn historical OOB version of the scen 155 Soviets navy avail in 45 to version 2.06. It will be slated as scen 106. Andrew, will you want this for your CHS download sight?
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: Weird...just got the first turn and Middle East is missing.

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Andrew is going to make the none respawn USN Historical OOB variant available for download on his site. Thanks AB[&o] It's a pure OOB modification, nothing else has been changed from the base scen 155 ver 2.06. (It is the non modded A2A scen with Soviet Navy arriving in 1945)
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
Andrew Brown
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hex 82,170
Contact:

RE: Weird...just got the first turn and Middle East is missing.

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Andrew is going to make the none respawn USN Historical OOB variant available for download on his site. Thanks AB[&o] It's a pure OOB modification, nothing else has been changed from the base scen 155 ver 2.06. (It is the non modded A2A scen with Soviet Navy arriving in 1945)

It is on my site now, on the scenarios page.

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Image
User avatar
Andrew Brown
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hex 82,170
Contact:

CHS now updated to version 2.07

Post by Andrew Brown »

CHS is now updated to version 2.07. This update was prompted by a major problem with the "experimental" scenarios - 159 and 160, but I took the opportunity to fix a few other reported errors, and make some minor adjustments to the RCAF - mainly to take into account the existence of the "Canada" base in CHS.

Here is a list of fixes/changes in 2.07 (sorry about the lost table formatting):

Changes in CHS Revision 2.07
[ol]
[*]The "Canada" Base Force had a 9999 delay value, so that it would never appear. Fixed.
[*]The 8th PAF Base Force was equipped with an SC radar, which made it static. Device changed to Sound Detector (A).
[*]The following Allied air units have been added, removed or modified as indicated:

Air Unit
Nationality
Aircraft
Change
No.8 Squadron RCAF Canadian Blenheim IV
Arrival date changed to 411215
Arrival location changed to Canada
No.9 Squadron RCAF Canadian Stranraer Arrival date changed to 411209
No.11 Squadron RCAF Canadian Liberator VI
Arrival location changed to Canada
No.14 Squadron RCAF Canadian Kittyhawk I
Arrival date changed to 420618
No.118 Squadron RCAF Canadian Kittyhawk I
Arrival date changed to 420615
Arrival location changed to Canada
No.133 Squadron RCAF Canadian Hurricane IIb
Arrival date changed to 420603
Arrival location changed to Calgary
No.135 Squadron RCAF Canadian Hurricane IIb
Arrival location changed to Canada
No.147 Squadron RCAF Canadian Blenheim IV
Arrival location changed to Vancouver
No.149 Squadron RCAF Canadian Blenheim IV
Arrival date changed to 421026
Arrival location changed to Victoria
No.435 Squadron RCAF Canadian Dakota I Arrival location changed to Delhi
No.436 Squadron RCAF
Canadian Dakota I
REMOVED
(duplicate of No.436 Squadron RAF)
No.681 Squadron RAF British Mosquito PR.IX Arrives at Calcutta on 440101

[*]The port value of Calcutta was not increased enough after the decrease applied to Diamond Harbour. The value/SPS has been increased to 9/6.
[*]Konan had dupliucated resource centres (20). Fixed.
[*]The "experimental" scenario variant had many aircraft with a missing weapon (gun, bomb or torpedo). Fixed.
[*]The "experimental" scenario variant now has more additional durability added to fighters (including fighter-bombers, night fighters and float-fighters) than to non-fighters.
[/ol]

As always, if you find any other problems, please let me know.

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Image
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”