From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Carpal envy
Well, at least we got off the vestal virgin thing.[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Carpal envy
At least he doesnt have Mono. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
I think the Allies just won the Battle for Myitkyina (more to come)
Meanwhile the exclamation point idea was rejected as was the back-up, the silhouette of HMS Prince of Wales. The former because there was said to inadequate substrate the second because it was stupid. Instead, I am to be surprised. [:)]
In the same email she professed her "exclusivity" to me...even though her divorce is "not final" [:)] This struck me a somewhat incoherent from an internal consistency standpoint. [:D] Beyond that, it seems more than a bit stalker-like.
She proposed coming down next weekend and meeting me at my place Friday night with some take-out Thai food so "we wouldn't waste any time going out to eat" [X(]. This I would place into the plus column.
Meanwhile the exclamation point idea was rejected as was the back-up, the silhouette of HMS Prince of Wales. The former because there was said to inadequate substrate the second because it was stupid. Instead, I am to be surprised. [:)]
In the same email she professed her "exclusivity" to me...even though her divorce is "not final" [:)] This struck me a somewhat incoherent from an internal consistency standpoint. [:D] Beyond that, it seems more than a bit stalker-like.
She proposed coming down next weekend and meeting me at my place Friday night with some take-out Thai food so "we wouldn't waste any time going out to eat" [X(]. This I would place into the plus column.

RE: Exclamation point...rejected
Backup suggestion: Aircraft Carrier silhouette (think 'carrier landing'). [:D]
BTW, pop quiz: What is the least expensive way to relocate from Idaho to Southern California?
BTW, pop quiz: What is the least expensive way to relocate from Idaho to Southern California?
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
ORIGINAL: witpqs
Backup suggestion: Aircraft Carrier silhouette (think 'carrier landing'). [:D]
BTW, pop quiz: What is the least expensive way to relocate from Idaho to Southern California?
Join the Navy
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
ORIGINAL: Lecivius
ORIGINAL: witpqs
Backup suggestion: Aircraft Carrier silhouette (think 'carrier landing'). [:D]
BTW, pop quiz: What is the least expensive way to relocate from Idaho to Southern California?
Join the Navy
[X(]
i dunno - 4 years seems really expensive!! [:'(]
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
Time consuming, yes. But you get paid for it [:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
Sounds like Mandrake has grown quite fond of Thai food. So if she's "exclusive" to you, does that mean she's not stalking anyone else? Might be another plus in the column, youre likely saving some other poor sod from her. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
She must be exceptionaly "talented" for you to keep talking to your staker. I don't know weather to congragulate you or [:-]. Of course who am i to be talking i had an engaged lady at my house till 2am yesterday and was giving her back rubs. We would of had more fun but she wanted green tea or coffee of which i have neither(i don't even own a coffie maker).[:(]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
Now for the more important thing........where is the update on BCI...............[&:]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
ORIGINAL: bobogoboom
She must be exceptionaly "talented" for you to keep talking to your staker. I don't know weather to congragulate you or [:-]. Of course who am i to be talking i had an engaged lady at my house till 2am yesterday and was giving her back rubs. We would of had more fun but she wanted green tea or coffee of which i have neither(i don't even own a coffie maker).[:(]
You cant seem to be able to spell "coffee", which is even more interesting. [:D]
ADD: I have to admit, though, I'm a bit puzzled about what tea and coffee have to do with fidelity. [:)]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
Yeah me to. Her parting comment was if you want in my buisness you know what you need to have next time[&:]ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: bobogoboom
She must be exceptionaly "talented" for you to keep talking to your staker. I don't know weather to congragulate you or [:-]. Of course who am i to be talking i had an engaged lady at my house till 2am yesterday and was giving her back rubs. We would of had more fun but she wanted green tea or coffee of which i have neither(i don't even own a coffie maker).[:(]
You cant seem to be able to spell "coffee", which is even more interesting. [:D]
ADD: I have to admit, though, I'm a bit puzzled about what tea and coffee have to do with fidelity. [:)]
I'm thinking i should stop talking to her...............but my second brain normaly overrules my first.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
Attaboy! Next time bring some limes. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
[:-]Bad influence...................but i so enjoy being bad.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Exclamation point...rejected
Who? Me? 
Blame Mandrake.

Blame Mandrake.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: Vestal...oh...what do you call those...
*************10th Air Force HQ, Dacca, 18:40, Sept. 27, 1942**************
Gen. Chennault: Lashio?
XO: We had a gap in the weather over Imphal and 121 B-25's found there way over Lashio around 13:00. One 25 lost to AAA. Runway damage at Lashio estimated to be very heavy. No enemy CAP encountered.
Gen. Chennault: Superb. And Mandalay?
XO: 24th Fighter Group encountered no opposition in their sweep. The Forts had to be called off. You saw it sir. We couldn't see the end of the runway.
Gen. Chennault: Yes, I saw it. I don't like it but I saw it. ...They have no fighter cover over Mandalay. We need Mandalay shut down to permit the advance of 7th Armored and because I get no small measure of satisfaction out of beating the little yellow bastards...so we go back again tomorrow. Let's send the 25's from Imphal too. They Japs will be busy pciking up broken things at Lashio for a week or more. Got all that?
XO: Yes sir. Little yellow bastards. Skip Lashio, hit Mandalay. Roger that.
Gen. Chennault: That's what I want to hear. The 10th is starting to look like an Air Force. Nothing like blowing a bunch of Japs to Kingdom come to boost morale.
XO: Yes sir. Air Force, sir. Kingdom come, sir.
Gen. Chennault: Lashio?
XO: We had a gap in the weather over Imphal and 121 B-25's found there way over Lashio around 13:00. One 25 lost to AAA. Runway damage at Lashio estimated to be very heavy. No enemy CAP encountered.
Gen. Chennault: Superb. And Mandalay?
XO: 24th Fighter Group encountered no opposition in their sweep. The Forts had to be called off. You saw it sir. We couldn't see the end of the runway.
Gen. Chennault: Yes, I saw it. I don't like it but I saw it. ...They have no fighter cover over Mandalay. We need Mandalay shut down to permit the advance of 7th Armored and because I get no small measure of satisfaction out of beating the little yellow bastards...so we go back again tomorrow. Let's send the 25's from Imphal too. They Japs will be busy pciking up broken things at Lashio for a week or more. Got all that?
XO: Yes sir. Little yellow bastards. Skip Lashio, hit Mandalay. Roger that.
Gen. Chennault: That's what I want to hear. The 10th is starting to look like an Air Force. Nothing like blowing a bunch of Japs to Kingdom come to boost morale.
XO: Yes sir. Air Force, sir. Kingdom come, sir.

RE: Exclamation point...rejected
BTW, pop quiz: What is the least expensive way to relocate from Idaho to Southern California?
Answer: On Mandrake's dime! [X(]
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
On retainer...
Look guys. I hope I did not give the wrong impression by my postings.
One should not date or even exchange salacious emails with a married woman (who is not your wife) unless she has already retained a divorce lawyer...then it is OK.
BTW..does anyone think it would be a good idea to go to a Halloween party at her place in Idaho? I am thinking that is too ambitious without air cover, at least from the 4E's.
One should not date or even exchange salacious emails with a married woman (who is not your wife) unless she has already retained a divorce lawyer...then it is OK.
BTW..does anyone think it would be a good idea to go to a Halloween party at her place in Idaho? I am thinking that is too ambitious without air cover, at least from the 4E's.

- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: On retainer...
Not to mention expensive[:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: On retainer...
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
Look guys. I hope I did not give the wrong impression by my postings.
One should not date or even exchange salacious emails with a married woman (who is not your wife) unless she has already retained a divorce lawyer...then it is OK.
BTW..does anyone think it would be a good idea to go to a Halloween party at her place in Idaho? I am thinking that is too ambitious without air cover, at least from the 4E's.
I would say it depends on whether "her place in Idaho" is where "her husband" still lives. [:D]
I would suggest a 500+ mile no fly zone around Idaho until "official separation" has taken place. [;)]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie







