PBEM
Moderator: MOD_WestCiv
-
barbarossa2
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 am
RE: PBEM
I see Iron Warrior in here all of the time. But I think it would suck to have him take France's place.
In case France disappears. Iron Warrior sounds pretty formidable!
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
RE: PBEM
Still without France files ...
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

RE: PBEM
[font=calibri]HiHi[/font]
[font=calibri]Maybe for Multi-player games we should introduce a ‘48hr Rule’ or somesuch, whereby if files aren’t returned in a specified time frame then the turn goes ahead without you, thats what used to happen at ‘Medieval Diplomacy’.[/font]
[font=calibri]?? could that be done ??[/font]
[font=calibri]Obviously there would be times when folk were away for the
weekend/business trip or somesuch, in those cases then notification to the MB could mean other players would know the game was gonna be delayed; failure to notify means the game will go ahead without you, a bit harsh maybe, but it would mean the core of folk who do return promptly aren’t pissed about by someone elses Bad manners.[/font]
[font=calibri]Thoughts?[/font]
[font=calibri]All the Best[/font]
[font=calibri]Peter[/font]
[font=calibri]Maybe for Multi-player games we should introduce a ‘48hr Rule’ or somesuch, whereby if files aren’t returned in a specified time frame then the turn goes ahead without you, thats what used to happen at ‘Medieval Diplomacy’.[/font]
[font=calibri]?? could that be done ??[/font]
[font=calibri]Obviously there would be times when folk were away for the
weekend/business trip or somesuch, in those cases then notification to the MB could mean other players would know the game was gonna be delayed; failure to notify means the game will go ahead without you, a bit harsh maybe, but it would mean the core of folk who do return promptly aren’t pissed about by someone elses Bad manners.[/font]
[font=calibri]Thoughts?[/font]
[font=calibri]All the Best[/font]
[font=calibri]Peter[/font]
-
barbarossa2
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 am
RE: PBEM
Kingmaker,
Decent idea. But I don't know how it could be done without handing over the country to another human.
How does this work with the password and all if we lose a player?
Can we just take over his country, find another player, and hand off his password?
Just curious. Because when I took over Sweden, it didn't even ask me for a password, it just said, "default". How is that? Can we all just look at each other's files?
And like I said, there will be a 3 day span in which I can't do any turns coming up. I will leave for a short trip on the 19th and be back on the 22nd to send in my turn.
I really went up on the learning curve after a ridiculous 24 hour session with the game last night and today. Geesh! I need some sleep now. But I haven't had this much fun in ages. Amazing game at time. Sure there are some minor things I would personally change, and one or two minor bugs. But it has been a blast.
Decent idea. But I don't know how it could be done without handing over the country to another human.
How does this work with the password and all if we lose a player?
Can we just take over his country, find another player, and hand off his password?
Just curious. Because when I took over Sweden, it didn't even ask me for a password, it just said, "default". How is that? Can we all just look at each other's files?
And like I said, there will be a 3 day span in which I can't do any turns coming up. I will leave for a short trip on the 19th and be back on the 22nd to send in my turn.
I really went up on the learning curve after a ridiculous 24 hour session with the game last night and today. Geesh! I need some sleep now. But I haven't had this much fun in ages. Amazing game at time. Sure there are some minor things I would personally change, and one or two minor bugs. But it has been a blast.
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
RE: PBEM
HiHi
Re password, right click on a province, click on PBEM settings, bottom lefthand corner 'Password' there you can set yours.
Yes I remembered you would be away, but that in my mind costitutes Notification to the board, so we hang on till you return. Summer Hols are gonna be a Nightmare!
Can we just take over his country, find another player, and hand off his password? Seems from Gil Rs responce on the PBEM Multi-player thread that may be possible ... but not by Me!!!
All the Best
Peter
Re password, right click on a province, click on PBEM settings, bottom lefthand corner 'Password' there you can set yours.
Yes I remembered you would be away, but that in my mind costitutes Notification to the board, so we hang on till you return. Summer Hols are gonna be a Nightmare!
Can we just take over his country, find another player, and hand off his password? Seems from Gil Rs responce on the PBEM Multi-player thread that may be possible ... but not by Me!!!
All the Best
Peter
RE: PBEM
I think, we should wait until today evening ... than I can just open it and press end turn button.
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

RE: PBEM
HiHi
Seems reasonable and the guy did set it all up for us.
But maybe after this turn we impliment a 48hr rule, whereby unless notification is made to the this MB of valid reason for dely such as Death/work/Hols etc then Motto is authorized to open the file, end the absenties turn and thereby keep the game flowing
Thoughts?
All the Best
Peter
Seems reasonable and the guy did set it all up for us.
But maybe after this turn we impliment a 48hr rule, whereby unless notification is made to the this MB of valid reason for dely such as Death/work/Hols etc then Motto is authorized to open the file, end the absenties turn and thereby keep the game flowing
Thoughts?
All the Best
Peter
RE: PBEM
Except weekends ? I can imagine, that some people are leaving town for all weekend ...
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

-
barbarossa2
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 am
RE: PBEM
Iron Warrior sounded like he might be interested. We should give him a buzz.
I am just curious, has anyone heard from Prussia in the last few days?
I am just curious, has anyone heard from Prussia in the last few days?
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
RE: PBEM
Hello, Prussia is here. Bit overwhelmed with RL, but definitively in the Game. My turn is in. No waiting for me there
I will respond to all diplomacy enquiries in short time.
- playing Austria in 1792 Going again COGEE PBEM
RE: PBEM
Sirs, I would prefere keep diplomatic actions in game ... so use treaties etc. But sure, it is up to you all ...
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

RE: PBEM
Still no news from Mad66 playing France ... so I will reset his password, open it and press End Turn
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

-
barbarossa2
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 am
RE: PBEM
How about contacting Iron Warrior for the France position?
Just curious on this 1000 Glory Victory thing.
Is this a limit everyone wants to play? I would be up for playing longer perhaps.
I played a game last night, and it took Britain and me (France) six years to get to 760 or so.
How long has it taken other players to get to 1000 Glory? What is the fastest you got there?
Just curious on this 1000 Glory Victory thing.
Is this a limit everyone wants to play? I would be up for playing longer perhaps.
I played a game last night, and it took Britain and me (France) six years to get to 760 or so.
How long has it taken other players to get to 1000 Glory? What is the fastest you got there?
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
RE: PBEM
Need IronWarrior's email adress ...
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

RE: PBEM
I usually get to 1000 glory faster than 6 years... And that's playing Prussia or Austria... 1000 Glory is pretty quick. I was for a longer game but I believe many wanted to try a short game to get a hang of this.
As I said I do not think there is an option to keep going after the 1000 points in PBEM.

