ORIGINAL: ny59giants
I'm about 6 weeks behind you, so I have question as Japanese player.
Zeros vs P-38s & P-47s: Do you have them all on same altitude, stacked at different altitudes, if so at what?? Taking losses less than 2:1 is a victory at this time. [:D]
B-29s: Have you found where Jocke is basing them and tried to hit them on the ground?? Any particular fighter does best against them.
Thanks!!
I was as surprised as anyone when the KB came close to Biak and the zeros caught a bunch of sweeps there, getting around 1:1 results. The ones that got the fighters at Biak were at 10k, mostly. I keep the majority at 10k to be united with the DB strikes and some at 5k to be with TB, then usually a few at 15k if there is a threat nearby. So far so good. (This is one of many similar reports from that battle at Biak).
The report lists the planes at 9k that were set to 5k. Do they jump up to a default setting for CAP even if I have them at a lower altitude? I've had this happen when planes were set to 1k CAP as well.
I'll be posting new results soon from another battle with KB pilots and the best of the Allied air forces.
----------------------------------------------
[font="Trebuchet MS"]Morning Air attack on Noemfoor , at 86,110
Weather in hex: Severe storms
Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 38,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 23 minutes
Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 24
A6M5b Zero x 17
A6M5c Zero x 8
Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 25
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 1 destroyed
A6M5b Zero: 2 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
P-47D2 Thunderbolt: 3 destroyed
CAP engaged:
Kaga-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 11000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 11 minutes
Hiryu-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 1 scrambling)
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 36000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 27 minutes
Shoho-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 3 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 19000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 43 minutes
Ryuho-1 with A6M5b Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters between 9000 and 21000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 23 minutes
Hosho-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 3 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 10000 and 14000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 51 minutes
Taiho-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
5 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 11000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 21 minutes
Unryu-1 with A6M5b Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 9 minutes
Katsuragi-1 with A6M5b Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 10000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 36 minutes
Kasagi-1 with A6M5c Zero (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 6000 and 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 16 minutes
Aso-1 with A6M5b Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 35 minutes
Ikoma-1 with A6M5c Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 14000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 22 minutes
Ryujo-1 with A6M5b Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 11000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 11 minutes
263 Ku S-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 11000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 30 minutes
Amagi-1 with A6M5b Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 10000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 22 minutes[/font]
I have the A6M5, 5b and 5c on the CVs now as they upgrade slowly to the 5b. I will keep a few 5c around, as even though they'e slower I wonder if the armor will give time to keep fighting longer. So far I've not noticed any one group doing better than others and the numbers and pilot quality really seem the key vs P-47, P-38, Corsair and Spits.
I've upgraded most of the LBA IJN fighters to J2M3 and N1K2. I've seen the Jack doing really well lately. If kept at 15k it seems to do better, and I can't fly above 20k anyway due to our 2nd band restriction.
As for the B-29 the only chance at daylight interception was the basis for Jocke's thread in the War Room. The A6M5c did unbelievably well, hitting many of the beasts with no losses, and causing a lot of ops losses enhanced by the long distance strike. Judging by my other results though, I'd guess the best plane to battle it with them would be the J2M3 due to the combo of speed, climb and guns.
If he ever chooses daylight raids in China I have Georges, Nicks, Franks and Tojos all at different locations. In the DEI I also have Tony Kai also, so those might be tested. Looks like he'll stick with night judging by his messages to me though.
I think they are in Chittagong, and he has a lot of protection there. Also, Rangoon has been taken from me by night raids on the fields, so I have few great options for striking that base en masse. I may try again if I see an opportunity. The HQa and some base forces probably need to be moved back now to a more secure location, and I need to upgrade more units to Peggys to try from farther away.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill