From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
saj42
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:02 pm
Location: Somerset, England

RE: Shots

Post by saj42 »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

I hate to think what a plane ticket to Idaho from the East Coast costs[:'(]

sorry guys your proposed CSAR mission is just too far for me (I'm on the other side of 'the pond')
Image
Banner by rogueusmc
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Shots

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

Do we need to mount a op to go retreive him?[8D]

I am alive and well. No need for a rescue op. I am merely trying to catch up on the work that didn't get done when I was gone for one lousy work day....plus all the poor asthmatic kids have been wiped out by the fires and Santa Ana winds (particulates and smoke). The symptoms are really peaking now even though the fires are mostly out.

Stalker girl is safely 850 miles away so I will try to catch up on two weeks of game turns already in the bag.


BTW....lets try not to use the verb "to mount" in such a cavalier fashion, shall we? [;)]
Image
User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: Shots

Post by Nemo121 »

Hmm, I thought it was a particularly apt phrasing actually [:D]
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Shots

Post by BrucePowers »

So did I[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

San Miguel Humidor and Furniture Plant

Post by Cap Mandrake »

If you are ever in a traffic accident in Boise give your wallet to the ambulance driver and beg him to take you to Spokane or Salt Lake.
Try really hard like your life depends on it...because it does. Half of the female ER staff will be hung over and the other will be planning a rendezvous with anything with three legs (Note: there is liikely some overlap between the two groups).

Back to Yossarian and Milo. This is a repeat page just for orientation..you aren't going crazy.

Image
Attachments
B182729D96..80649E15.jpg
B182729D96..80649E15.jpg (96 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: San Miguel Humidor and Furniture Plant

Post by Cap Mandrake »

..

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (125.85 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Image
User avatar
Moondawggie
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:11 am
Location: Placer County CA

RE: San Miguel Humidor and Furniture Plant

Post by Moondawggie »

Welcome back, Mandrake!

Believe me, the correct spelling is Olangapo, or the 'Po for short. Ask anybody who has made an offering to the virgins sitting in the boats next to the bridge over the S*** River, or was foolish enough to visit Jolo's Nightclub. Or spend a night at the Hotel Marmont. Personally, I preferred the O-Club at Cubi Point...great ice-cold San Miguel beer, and a sunset view of Grande Island to die for!

Ah, the memories...The 'Po, a thousand Marines back from floats in the IO in 1981 and 1983, and all the fun of running sick call when we pulled out of port a week later---it was good to have an near-endless supply of penicillinase-proof Spectinomycin back then...

Angry Swabbies, Hurtin' Marines... Some things never change!
"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Solemn duty

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Olangapo it is.[:)]

During the fires a big aerial tanker sprayed fire retradant all over our neghborhood. Naturally, I went out to see and got a fine mist of the stuff all over me. Ever since, I don't get War in the Pacific anymore, but I have been having a blast playing Guitar Hero and I found this cool strategy game called World of Warcraft.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (127.4 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

President of Mars

Post by Cap Mandrake »

..

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (98.89 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: President of Mars

Post by DuckofTindalos »

So the fire "retradant" made you 14 years old again?[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Field 22

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

So the fire "retradant" made you 14 years old again?[:D]

Oops...ironic I mistyped "retardant", he? [:)]

I am not even sure the electric guitar had been invented when I was 14.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (69.11 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Field 22

Post by rtrapasso »

Oops...ironic I mistyped "retardant", he?

I am not even sure the electric guitar had been invented when I was 14.


[:D] [:D]

Unless you are a heckuva lot older than you've been telling us, yes, it was - Les Paul (the alledged inventor) was fooling around with them in the 1920s (possibly as early as 1922). The first solid body electric guitar was designed around 1950 by Leo Fender.
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Field 22

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Uh, oh. Mandrake up and vanished again.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Field 22

Post by BrucePowers »

I wonder if he went back to Idaho.[:D]

Actually, I'll bet it's all those asthmatic kids he has to deal with due to the fires[:(]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Field 22

Post by bobogoboom »

Yeah but when have you ever know a doctor to work overtime[;)]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

The (Rail)road to Mandalay

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I'm still here. I don't think I will be going back to Boise for a while. I am still recovering from the trauma of being locked in a hotel room on the Boise River for almost 24 hrs where I was subjected to a grueling horizontal (mostly) treadmill test. As it was on the second floor, I judged it to be imprudent to try to jump. I was permitted a brief excursion outside where I was made to drink Long Island Iced Teas until even the most banal conversation seemed like an Oscar Wilde dialogue.

Here is the actual message thing I found on the door for the maid.

Image

PS..is "Iced Teas" supposed to be capitalized?
Attachments
DoNotDisturb.jpg
DoNotDisturb.jpg (36.97 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: The (Rail)road to Mandalay

Post by Cap Mandrake »

***************09:15, October 4, 1942, 20,000 ft. over the Mandalay, Myitkyina Rail Line, Burma*************



Major Brors surveyed the firepower entrusted to him with pride. Below him, disappearing and then reappearing out of the clouds were almost 50 P-40E's and P-40B's of the 24th FG and 23rd FS. There wasn't a Jap fighter in sight. At a cost in blood and machines, they were winning the air war over Northern Burma. To his North and East, over 150 RAF fighter-bombers and Wellingtons were on their way to pound the Japs below. He allowed himself a smile.
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: The (Rail)road to Mandalay

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

I'm still here. I don't think I will be going back to Boise for a while. I am still recovering from the trauma of being locked in a hotel room on the Boise River for almost 24 hrs where I was subjected to a grueling horizontal (mostly) treadmill test. As it was on the second floor, I judged it to be imprudent to try to jump. I was permitted a brief excursion outside where I was made to drink Long Island Iced Teas until even the most banal conversation seemed like an Oscar Wilde dialogue.

Here is the actual message thing I found on the door for the maid.

Image

PS..is "Iced Teas" supposed to be capitalized?

Not in general, I think, but Long Island Ice Tea is probably an exception...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: The (Rail)road to Mandalay

Post by BrucePowers »

Might we get an update from Tabpub on the Pacific?
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: The (Rail)road to Mandalay

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Might we get an update from Tabpub on the Pacific?

Tabpub is under about 20,000 ft of the Pacific in the Bathyscaphe again (he is having his computer repaired).

Except for submarine action off New Britain and New Guinea there is remarkably little combat going on in the Pacific. Of course, that doesn't mean there is nothing happening. [;)] We are up to October 20. I am getting behind.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”