ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

User avatar
Centuur
Posts: 9095
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:03 pm
Location: Hoorn (NED).

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Centuur »

The Germans can breakthrough to Antwerp and Brussels if they achieve that result. The units doing so will get disorganised, due to the rain. Now, they've captured Rotterdam too, so there is no chance of preventing the Axis from crossing the Dyle river, except when they roll bad on the attacks and don't get breakthrough results they need to capture Brussels and Antwerp.
Peter
User avatar
AllenK
Posts: 7267
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm
Location: England

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by AllenK »

I think you are right about INF Div going to Sardinia but that will be good. Two useful Divs and the ATR (or a SCS) diverted from a more useful task to a side show. If I put ships in West Med for shore-bombardment, Axis will need to bring air support (great, as more diversion of useful units) or send their own ships to West Med to get better than 2:1. The latter would be good as it gives us a chance to attrition them.

Alternatively, I could pull the Div next impulse and have it standing by in Malta or Gib.
User avatar
Mayhemizer_slith
Posts: 9600
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
Location: Finland

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

I think you can keep that div in Sardinia for some time, they don't have units to attack Malta at this point.

Belgium looks doomed. I will place 2 units (2x INF) to Antwerp and hope Germany to roll very low (1-3 depending possible ground strikes). If they don't roll low, France is unprepared. I counted Netherlands to hold on an impulse or two more so that I can rail all units to front line.

France might ask CW to sacrifice one MOT in Belgium so that Germany has to use one impulse to destroy it before they can attack with full force against French weak and thin line.

Next turn end France builds only MIL/GAR/INF.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
User avatar
Mayhemizer_slith
Posts: 9600
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
Location: Finland

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

Belgian set up if I'm offline when needed:

CAV to Liege
2x INF to Antwerp
Fighter to woods, 2 hexes south from Brussels
2x CP and TER to port in Belgian Kongo
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
User avatar
Jagdtiger14
Posts: 1685
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:58 pm
Location: Miami Beach

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

I think that is probably the best set up under these circumstances.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
User avatar
Mayhemizer_slith
Posts: 9600
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
Location: Finland

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

I tested it. All other options leads to automatic attacks.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
User avatar
AllenK
Posts: 7267
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm
Location: England

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by AllenK »

Looks like the Axis are shaping up to use the ATR to bring the MTN to Sardinia next turn. I think I'll put a couple of the RN CV's into West Med to see if the Gladiators can intercept. They'll be at -1 if the FTR escorts the ATR but you never know and it would be a coup if it came off. If it does get through, I'll pull the Div off but either way, it's been a useful little diversion.
User avatar
Mayhemizer_slith
Posts: 9600
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
Location: Finland

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

Indeed
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
User avatar
AllenK
Posts: 7267
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm
Location: England

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by AllenK »

I'll be getting 2 more corps into France but may need the Potez in Lille rebasing.
User avatar
Jagdtiger14
Posts: 1685
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:58 pm
Location: Miami Beach

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Re: Belgian FTR. You could use it prior to French land movement (ground strike)...if it survives fly it to where you want.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
User avatar
AllenK
Posts: 7267
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm
Location: England

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by AllenK »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Re: Belgian FTR. You could use it prior to French land movement (ground strike)...if it survives fly it to where you want.

I thought of that but it's OOS.
User avatar
Jagdtiger14
Posts: 1685
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:58 pm
Location: Miami Beach

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

You can safely and easily transfer your game to version 2.3.4 I already did this with two of my games with no problem. I would take Courtney up on his offer to re-place the FTR.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
User avatar
Mayhemizer_slith
Posts: 9600
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
Location: Finland

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

Let's plan this well. Can CW debark one more unit to Antwerp, move 2x MOT to Brussels and get fleet to North Sea?

I plan tonight how France gets best possible line.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
User avatar
AllenK
Posts: 7267
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm
Location: England

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by AllenK »

Should be okay. There is a TRANS plus the fleet at Plymouth. It can load the London Mil for Antwerp. That'll give another naval move, which I want to use to get the Dutch TRANS across to the African coast to load a TERR unit. Alternative is to put Med Fleet into West Med but I don't think the ATR will be used just yet.
User avatar
Centuur
Posts: 9095
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:03 pm
Location: Hoorn (NED).

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Centuur »

The Dutch TRS can only load major power units. So it can't load TERR, except those of the CW home countries. Those are the cooperation rules...
Peter
User avatar
AllenK
Posts: 7267
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm
Location: England

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by AllenK »

Thanks Peter, saves a wasted journey.
User avatar
AllenK
Posts: 7267
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm
Location: England

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by AllenK »

In light of the not being able to use the Dutch TRANS as intended, I think I'll send the subs in Malta to the Italian Coast. I'll also rebase the two better RAF fighters to Belgium for air cover and take the Belgium FTR back to UK to go to the reserve.
User avatar
Mayhemizer_slith
Posts: 9600
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
Location: Finland

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

How high box in North Sea you get fleet and TRS with one naval move?
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
User avatar
AllenK
Posts: 7267
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm
Location: England

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by AllenK »

It could go to the 3-box but is without air cover. I can put it in 2-box with the P-40.
User avatar
Mayhemizer_slith
Posts: 9600
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am
Location: Finland

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

How much can you get shore bombardment from box 2 during rain?
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Report”