WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

February 3rd, 1943

China

He's definitely shifted his focus to India. I'm "hesitant" to say "quiet". But it is certain quiet compared to last month.

He's pulled up a Art-Div at Changsha. That's surely a sign. I've drawn replacement on the two Inf-Corps behind Changsha, I'd like to get one of them into forts south of the city. I'm hoping that'll be enough to hold him for now. I saw that Changsha is pretty rough hit to National Morale, and I'd rather not lose it.

I'm actually surprise that he hasn't yet renewed his attack on Yenen. I would think that knocking Comm-Chi out is useful, esp since he even knocked me down to zero-SP in the city (I had to move somebody in). But no follow-thru. Anyway, I'm not looking a gift-horse in the mouth for now.

I'd still like to move adjacent to the diamond hexes (the MPP producers). He pushed me away from Wuhan. Option-2 would be try to send troops from China into Burma. But frankly, I think he could keep me pinned with a single Inf-Corps in mountains, and his main thrust in India isn't going to be at the Burma border at this point (appears to be at least).
Attachments
ChinaComb.jpg
ChinaComb.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 700 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

February 3rd, 1943

Coral Sea

As expected, his counter-counter-counter-strikes were painful (or whatever number of "counter" we're on :) ).
He sank a CV, a BB, and 2x DDs. But sticking around is a fool's bet, so I'm walking away. He's got 3x CVs parked in those ports, plus 3x BB/BC/DN in the wings, and several LBA units. I've got a TF that's minus three CVs, a BB, several Cruisers, and only 3 Destroyers left as escorts. So I had to leave with no final strike. Hate that, but that's the end of it.

I've managed to occupy about half the Solomons. I also saw that he moved up an Inf-Div onto one of the northern islands. It's really going to be costly (almost anywhere) if I have to invade every single island to keep him from swarming in LBA and Fleet units into every port. He obviously can't be everywhere (can he?). I'll figure something out.

My fleet has retreated south to ports in Townsville south to Brisbane. Need to take (lots of) repairs and upgrades (have Range-2 and NavAtk-2). Need to send what I can to escort the troop convoy to India. With the added range and Nav-Atk, I might be able to control the area off Port Moresby and get troops there. That SNLF-Div is going to be very dug-in. Next logical choices are either Port Moresby or Tarawa; and still have to get troops to India.

Port Moresby gets me the "you don't lose NM every turn". Tarawa a small NM hit to Japan. I can saturate PM with LBA. Tarawa would have to be covered by CVs (too far for LBA).
Attachments
CoralSea.jpg
CoralSea.jpg (666.76 KiB) Viewed 699 times
StratMap.jpg
StratMap.jpg (418.55 KiB) Viewed 699 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

February 3rd, 1943

Admin Stuff

Research, Production, Losses, and Economy

Research - No MPPs spent on Research this turn. I was notified that USA NavAtk went to "2". Good, I need that.

Production - Bought a CV, to replace the one I lost. I'll see it in Summer '44. I also got the first Essex. I was surprised that it came in at 8-8 SPs (meaning 8 hit-points and 8 air-group). Realistically, 1 turn to repair the CV. 1 turn to repair the air-group, and another turn to apply latest upgrades. It won't be available for 54 days (almost 2 months). Just my feed-back would be to NOT have it come in at 8-8 given the delay to repair it before it can be useful.

Losses - Ugh. It's painful. 1x CV, 1x BB, 2x DD for nothing in return. Don't want to have to say that again.

Economy - No change, means he's NOT closing the gap. I'll take it.
Attachments
Research.jpg
Research.jpg (358.64 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Production.jpg
Production.jpg (164.4 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Losses.jpg
Losses.jpg (157.87 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Income.jpg
Income.jpg (175.68 KiB) Viewed 692 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

And a few comments on National Morale..

Ok. I was a little surprised that I got "nothing" for Guadalcanal. So I decided to take a look at the scipts...

It's true that, I'm now not LOSING national morale every turn. If Japan holds Guadalcanal after 1943, the US either loses -15 NM/turn, or 15-30-45-60-75... per turn, I don't know how to read the scripts. I would hope that it's only -15 NM/turn, because that's not crippling after 10 turns. But...

I also didn't GAIN anything either. Review of the scripts for the major objectives (screen cap). Basically, other than the Doolittle Raid (thank you) and the few bumps for USA joining, there are ZERO (realistic) opportunities for the Allies to ADD national morale.

When you look at the NM gain for Batavia(DEI) for example, Japan gains +3500 NM. The Allies gain nothing for recapture. If they DON'T recapture, the US/UK/India lose 15/15/20 NM per turn starting on 01-01-43 ad infinitum.

Singapore is even worse. Japan is +3500 NM on Capture. Both UK and India also -3500 on loss. USA/UK/India are also all -15/-15/-20 every turn after 1943. But again, even if the Allies recapture Batavia, there no INCREASE to Allied National Morale on Capture.

The fall of Singapore is +3500 Japan. -3500 each to UK/India, and loss over time to USA/UK/India. Which is (far) greater loss than the NM hit if the Allies manage to drop an Atom bomb on Hiroshima (-7000 NM to Japan).

And by the way... Neither Batavia nor Singapore were liberated by the Allies until AFTER the war ended.

That being said, I realize Ellisar that, you ported over most of the scripts, then blessedly added a few like Doolittle Raid. You're not responsible for the mess that is NM in this game. But this is one of my fundamental issues with WaW is that, National Morale goes up Axis/Japan relatively easily in the beginning of war. Getting to 110%, fine; whatever. But there is no mechanism for the the Allies to actually go UP. Capturing locations can bring down Axis NM, but if a countries NM is at 70%, there is no mechanism/scripts to make Allied NM go UP.

NM is used by the engine to force surrender. It's particularly applicable in WaW to try to simulate the fragile will of 1940 France and Italy in 1943. I would submit that, for any other country, it's not really necessary. The other combatants of WW2 were not going to surrender short of their capitals being occupied by their adversaries (and in several cases, would have moved their capitals as simulated in game).

Which brings me to a comment, specific to this scenario... You're not REALLY going to force Japan to surrender by retaking the entire Pacific, and kick them out of China. Even with 3 atom bombs (-21k), you've still got to wipe out 90k NM to get it down to zero for surrender. And that DOESNT count the bonuses that it gains for capturing the Pacific, and wiping out units. I don't that liberating the Pacific and half of China is even possible anyway. Hang in there, I'm not just b_tching; I'm coming to a point...

"Is there even a point to National Morale in this scenario?" For all the hand-wringing over the out-sized(?) impact of National Morale, what if there were basically NO scripts for National Moral. Basically, all the combatants would keep NM at at 100%. The dial would move due to kills, but and that maybe push up or down a little into the 110% or 90% range. But you'd never get to the situation where as present, NM goes down, but never up. "OMG! That would cripple Japan!" Would it? Japan does a fine job rolling along. National Morale has had no negative impact for Japan. If you want to make a country surrender via the engine, just set a few critical objective hexes in the country to large NM hits, and then reciprocate them if they are recaptured. Frankly, if there are American boots in Japan, the end is near anyway. It could just be me, but I want to play until Eisenhower is sitting on Hirohito's throne. If I can occupy Tokyo, THEN I win. Period.

For the record, no, I have -NOT- thought this through. Feel free to point out all the things I have neglected to think of. This is just food for thought. It is a mod, and you do anything you want to with it.
Attachments
NationalMorale.jpg
NationalMorale.jpg (188.98 KiB) Viewed 681 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
OldCrowBalthazor
Posts: 2994
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:42 am
Location: Republic of Cascadia

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

@Feinder,
Honestly your right about NM for WaW and this Mod.
I like the idea of NM gains and losses due to combat...but nothing else.

That, OR some NM locations when retaken can give a bonus...so in other words taking back Port Moresby for the Allies (which ever power) for example would be a gain.

This a feature with some NM locations in SC-WW1. Verdun is a good example. I know it can be modded also, as Michael Small's Icarus Mod ( which I have tested and helped with concepts) features many NM locations that don't disappear once an aggressor takes it, but remains on the map for the other side to try to take to regain NM.

Stopping the downward spiral is simply not enough for the Americans when they are getting degraded simply for political reasons..like Guadalcanal being held by the Japanese. Combat NM gains are not enough either, as to retake these NM locations cost NM losses due to casualties.

So a solution probably needs to be found concerning NM, particularly with this mod...which is excellent in my opinion. 🙂
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana
SC-War in the Pacific Beta Tester
SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

Oh i absolutely LOVE this mod. Let me say that again for you Ellissar, " I absolutely LOVE this mod." I know this is your baby Ellisar. This is magificent. Please do not take my stream on comments as criticm of all your hard work. I actually DONT really have many "i would change this.. ". Case in point, bombardments. You made them better. And i dont think it could be changed further, without tipping over. There are mechanics of the game, that are mechanics of the engine that you cant do anything about (ex. Port-sortie-port). So, yes Ellissar, THANK YOU!
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Elessar2
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:35 am

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Elessar2 »

Not the least bit offended, Feinder. I do ask that you spell my name correctly tho. 8-)
and only handful of Partisans to make trouble.


I'll be adding quite a few then.

Another question, OCB please give us your view too. I did the 3 route LL convoy because there indeed was a lot of traffic along the periphery of the theatre, traffic that the IJN sub arm didn't bother with too much, and LL was the only way to simulate it. I could instead, perhaps via a Decision Event, allow 2 separate LL setups, UK to India (w/ UK income boost) and US to Australia. But recall you have minimized or eliminated LL to India-yes, perhaps because unlike the historical IJN this one may salivate at interdicting said convoys. But recall what I said a couple of pages back, that yeah the US is king here, but the lesser lights still need to hold firm before the American anvil comes smashing in. Another player who prioritized LL to India might indeed have most of your needed infantry corps by now.

I alas yes pretty much copied vanilla' scripts and altered them the way I've described earlier. Giving back upon liberation makes perfect sense and is easily doable. Note the devs have stated outright a number of times in the past that they are generally opposed to liberation NM boosts which mirror the conquest ones, so I figured what works for them should work for me, but TBH have always been more than a bit skeptical of that position specifically and the general utility of NM in general w.r.t. combat. Back in they go in any event: tell ya what, feel free to suggest some key objectives for me. Singapore, Port Moresby, Jakarta, Manila, Guam for starters.

As a surrender counter ticking down, NM makes perfect sense. To have it affect combat makes NO sense, until a certain point (maybe 25%, which is based on the historical record-the Axis fought like demons for most of their decline phases, but towards the end there were relatively large surrender events for both Germany and Japan). But in the game engine they are both joined at the hip, no way to surgically separate them. The base objective surrender scripts tho should not require NM to zero out before a country gives up the ghost.
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

February 21st, 1943

India

India remains in dire straights. New invasion at the town of Cuttack. Shore batteries from Calcutta pound the town and beach-head. When news of that the town of Cuttack was also shelled including many civilian casualties, there is outcry and riots across Southern India.

Meanwhile, combined assaults backed by artillery, land-based-air, bombardments, and carrier-strikes pound positions around Chittagong. A entire Inf-Div of reservists is wiped out, while defending the flanks. Chittagong continues to endure the pounding, and holds.
Attachments
India.jpg
India.jpg (838.97 KiB) Viewed 623 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

February 21st, 1943

China

In the west of China, Medium Bombers hit Kunming. The Chinese squadron there scrambles and intercepts the mission, but takes substantial losses. The strike might also have been a recon for para-drop (yes, I'm paranoid, he's done that in a previous game). The Chinese Fighter squadron is withdrawn further into the interior, and another (partial strength) squadron is replaced in Kunming.

He attacked on the flank of Yenen again, supported by Tactical Bombers, destroying a Chinese Inf-Div. Again, I'm surprised that he didn't follow-thru against Yenen, but I'll take the respite.
Attachments
China.jpg
China.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 622 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

February 21st, 1943

The Solomons

So as mentioned in previous post(s) we have a map issue with Guadalcanal. These posts late while we sorted out a Gentleman's Agreement on how to handle.

My assault in the Solomon's at the moment is to primarily attempt to hold my gains.
He retains a substantial LBA presence, and hit my Fighter Squadron at Munda, including bombardments and sweeps by CVLs. Fighter squadron deleted. He did however vacate the port at Munda, as I have been unable to release folks from Guad.

He's also moved additional DDs into the area, and prosecuting my subs. I lost one sub, and I crippled (but not sunk, grrr) one of his DDs.

I've tried 5 ways from Sunday to get troops onto Tulagi. There's no way to do it. My recommendation is eliminate the port on the south of Honaria/Guad, because it doesn't convert to Allied when the base falls, and it obstructs access to Tulagi. It means only 1-way on/off of Guad, but I think we're out of options. He's letting my AVL (shown) retreat since it can't off-load. I'll have to shuffle folks out of the single operable port in Guad. And I've got paras arriving in May, I'll try to drop them into Tulagi to see if that captures the base (and the ports).
Attachments
Solomons.jpg
Solomons.jpg (556.67 KiB) Viewed 620 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

February 21st, 1943

Strategic map, and a start to tacking National Morale...
Attachments
NatMorale.jpg
NatMorale.jpg (32.41 KiB) Viewed 618 times
StratMap.jpg
StratMap.jpg (446.34 KiB) Viewed 618 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

February 21st, 1943

Admin Stuff

Research, Production, Losses, and Economy

Research - Nothing new spent on Research. Getting close on USA Industry. MPPs are always good.

Production - Nothing spent on new Production. Most of my MPPs went into replacements and upgrades.

Losses - 2x Inf-Div and Fighters. Can't decide what was more painful, the Indian Inf-Div, or the Fighters.

Economy - No change, and him not closing the gap is good. So no change is good.
Attachments
Research.jpg
Research.jpg (355.81 KiB) Viewed 616 times
Production.jpg
Production.jpg (169.95 KiB) Viewed 616 times
Losses.jpg
Losses.jpg (184.28 KiB) Viewed 616 times
Income.jpg
Income.jpg (103.54 KiB) Viewed 616 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

March 11th, 1943

India

He hasn't moved inland from either southern India, or Cuttack. I expect he's loading transports so that he secure Cuttack, before moving inland or to along the coast.

Continued attacks at Chittagong and flank. Another Inf-Div lost. Ugh. But Chittagong continues to hold, barely. I was going to replace the defenders at Chittagong with that Ind-Div a little further back (by the AAA unit). But the Ind-Div in the back has lower Ready-Morale than the Chittagong defenders. So I guess they stay put.

Since he (seems) very focused on Chittagong with his naval units, I've moved up the Oz/Kiwi convoy along the map edge. Yes, it's un-escorted. And yes, I'm soiling my undies for the risk, but India REALLY needs the reinforcements.
Attachments
India.jpg
India.jpg (837.17 KiB) Viewed 615 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

March 11th, 1943

China

It was actually quiet in China. Some of his, and my artillery lobbing shells. But nothing interesting. So China takes the opportunity to rebuild/replace.
Attachments
China.jpg
China.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 614 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

March 11th, 1943

Solomons / StratMap / National Morale
Upgrading stuff is expensive!

US land-based-air (and many ships) upgraded last and this turn. As my LBA had upgraded, I sent missions to pound Port Moresby (taking a few MPPs and convoy line while I'm at it). Also damaged an enemy sub at Milne Bay.

Several strikes by Strat-Bmbrs and fighters damaged his Mari-Bmbr squadron, but unable to eliminate it. It thought about trying to hit it with my loaded AVL(Inf-Corps), but decided against it. I don't know if I could have done 3x SP worth of damage with my bombardment, and that would have left the them alone amongst a bunch of bad-guys. So I've moved them south to Noumne, still loaded, if the another opportunity presents itself.

I'm not going to replace the fighters at Munda; he'd just shell them again. I did rotate out some USMC-Divs from Guadalcanal back to Oz. Also dropped additional Fighters. I don't know if he'll pull back his Mari-Bmbrs (I would). He may we'll replace with something else. Either way, now I've got 2x Fighters in Solomons, and Strat-Bmbrs in range. We'll see what trouble I can cause.

As noted earlier, we can't do anything about Tulagi, so we're just going to leave it be. I'll para-drop in when I get the chance.

Meanwhile, most every port in Oz, Tazmania, and Kiwi-land hosting ships for repairs and upgrades to NavAtk-2.

StratMap - You can see my disposition of Naval assets. I expect he's pulled back most of his stuff to behind Rabaul, probably no farther than Truk; unless something needs repairing obviously would go to Japan.

And detailed National Morale numbers. We'll start keeping an eye on those, since curious minds want to know.
Attachments
Solomons.jpg
Solomons.jpg (671.43 KiB) Viewed 613 times
StratMap.jpg
StratMap.jpg (422.53 KiB) Viewed 613 times
NationalMorale.jpg
NationalMorale.jpg (64.02 KiB) Viewed 613 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

March 11th, 1943

Admin Stuff

Research, Production, Losses, and Economy

Research - No new funding.

Production - Used the lull in China to purchase a Chinese Inf-Div. Otherwise lots of MPPs spent on upgrading USN assets to NavAtk(2).

Losses - Aforementioned Indian Inf-Div. And I forgot to call out that he cornered and sank of my USN-SS.

Economy - On the BIG plus side, we got Industrial Tech (3) for USA. So big bonus (almost 100) to MPPs.
Attachments
Research.jpg
Research.jpg (243.21 KiB) Viewed 612 times
Production.jpg
Production.jpg (159.78 KiB) Viewed 612 times
Losses.jpg
Losses.jpg (175.78 KiB) Viewed 612 times
Income.jpg
Income.jpg (100.12 KiB) Viewed 612 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Elessar2
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:35 am

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Elessar2 »

Yes, I'll delete that 2nd port at Honaria. My thinking was that having just one port gave an advantage to one side or the other (depending on where I placed it).

Have you gotten all of your Indian militia spawns? Did you get some more when he invaded you near Calcutta?
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

March 29th, 1943

India

Japan lands additional reinforcements at Cuttack. Supported by heavy naval bombardment, an SNLF-Div attacks the shore battery on the east of the beach-head. Shore battery defenses hold off the initial attack.

Meanwhile, IJA forces supported by Carrier Aviation and land-based-air continue to pound Chittagong. Defenders at Chittagong continue to hold; and in fact a combined counter-attack against an IJA Cav-Div trying to envelop the flank is forced to retreat with heavy losses.

The much needed reinforcement convoy of Australian and New Zealand troops lands at Calicut. The Indian Arm-Div is sent east to Vizagapatam, block the Japanese advance westward. I actually expect more to drive "center" towards the mines, as it also means NOT triggering the militia(s) at Calcutta and Vizagapatam (must be within 1-hex of either). So to answer your question Elessar2 (spelled correctly!), no the militia units have not triggered yet (I checked the scripts and they're marked for 1 hex).

Yes, India is a bad place. But having just landed Oz/Kiwi troops, and with some US and Canadian on the way, there's hope.
Attachments
IndiaComb.jpg
IndiaComb.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 582 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

March 29th, 1943

India

Japanese continue to skirmish around Yenen and Hangkow, but the attacks are not coordinated and no real gains. Obviously, the Japanese push has switched heavy support resources into the Indian theather.

Chinese take the opportunity to counter-attack at Hangkow and Changsha. The attack at Hangkow is inconclusive but Changsha manages to force an IJA Inf-Corps to retreat.

He attacked Kunming again with LBA to skirmish with the Chinese Fighters. I've had to pull Chinese Air Force back into the interior to mitigate further losses. Infantry Divisions have been moved up to secure likely Para-Drop sites.
Attachments
China.jpg
China.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 580 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

Re: WitP mod v903 Ngineer(Japan) vs. Feinder(Allies)

Post by Feinder »

March 29th, 1943

Solomons

He drove off my subs, operating NE of Solomons. Also, lots of skirmishing between USAAC and IJA land-based assets.
The Japanese had evacuated their seaplane-base at Vella Lavella, and relocated to Bouganville (reinforced by a Division of IJA paratroops). US Army troops thus secured the base at Vella Lavella (and we're looking at Choiseul).

On the whole, I feel like I'm in fairly securely in the Solomons. And you can see from the screen cap, we also have pretty consistent visibility of the assets/movements in the area.

We took replacements for many of our USAAC squadrons in Northern Australia. Port Moresby is our next primary target as it is also a "hit to National Morale" over time target. We should be able to launch that operation (to liberate PM) in the next couple turns, as most of my Ships and air-craft have completed upgrade and repaired. I'm hoping that PM will be a little easier, as we should be under full cover and support by Land-based air.
Attachments
Solomons.jpg
Solomons.jpg (661.59 KiB) Viewed 578 times
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
Post Reply

Return to “AAR”