An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

sven6345789
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Sandviken, Sweden

RE: Me no understand...

Post by sven6345789 »

Don't mess with the aussies!!!
Fosters is definitly better than Miller!
I am german, and if there is one thing we know better than starting world wars, it is beer!!![:-]
Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
User avatar
Rendova
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:12 am
Location: Atlanta

RE: Me no understand...

Post by Rendova »

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

Don't mess with the aussies!!!
Fosters is definitly better than Miller!
I am german, and if there is one thing we know better than starting world wars, it is beer!!![:-]

You got no problem staring them its the finshing part you stumble on.

User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: Me no understand...

Post by Luskan »

Ok, since Raver si dicking around and doesn't have ADSL yet (better option with Iprimus than Telstra) I'd better inform you on the turn and what is happening with Dandriff.

Well, initially dandriff stalled - completely - because I had tried to load up WAY too many supplies from a particular base onto transports and the transports weren't going to leave untli they were full and the base wasn't making that many supplies per turn (and my starving troops on land weren't too happy about it either). After a few quick beheadings and a bit of red tape cutting, I got that transport group underway.

Now please understand - this transport group is not totally vital to Dandriff (after all, Dandriff is a collection of several seperate operations) it is just that without them one part of dandriff would stall (and I want them all happening simultaneously to try and overstretch Raver's defences).

Also - if one part of Dandriff gets detected too early, Raver will react to that one, and my other three operations won't be nearly as useful.

The aim: To force Raver (especially his cvs) into a fight, either to prevent invasions to protect his shipping. Kido Butai has long been split up into two divisions, but they've also been reinforced, and are backed up in a few cases by lots and lots of LBA.

Raver's boys at singapore (this turn) spotted a CV tf with several bbs, a few transports and Tankers departing Saigon, headed towards singapore. Raver's boys launched almost 40 bombers at this group - but the CAP of claudes (and a few zeros ;) ) met them and gave them a spanking. Most of Raver's level bombers got off with damage, but he lost 15 swordfish. Gotta love it.

Who knows where this little group is headed? Malaya? Singapore? DEI? Or maybe even into the indian ocean??? It isn't a real strong CV group - but it is able to put up a more than big enough CAP (and 40 kates) so I'm not worried about the LBA.

Other operations won't be revealed until Raver has spotted them (can't let the cat out of the bag too early).

Where are those juicy CVs??
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: Me no understand...

Post by Raverdave »

I am stuck at work for the next 5 hours or so but what ever bannananananana boy is up to will be bad news for me. He has a bad habit of spring traps that tend to hurt. However I am sure that I will rise to the challenge and whip his yellow (bananananananana skin) arse!

Where indeed are my CVs? Frag has given me a great idea and so soon I will be popping up where Luskan least expects me ! Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Image
Attachments
DCP00881.jpg
DCP00881.jpg (127.09 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: Me no understand...

Post by Luskan »

If that lunatic is coming for the home islands he is going to get a nasty shock (notice the lack of nells,oscars and zeros around lately??
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: Me no understand...

Post by Luskan »

The ASW continues as nasty as ever this turn - only for a nice change around pearl my subs have hit back at Raver's dd groups (those dds really stung me really badly the last few turns - especially when Raver's groups seriously just pick a hex or two a couple of hexes out of pearl (south west or north east) or so and they just SIT there TURN AFTER TURN droppin depth charge after depth charge and the lunatic in charge of my subs (the AI atm) sends them AFTER the asw tf. At least this turn it worked. However, now there are 3 subs in the same hex, and within 10 turns they'll all be fish food.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/24/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 33,47

Japanese Ships
AP Josho Maru, Shell hits 5, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Truant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 58,47

Japanese Ships
AP Ceylon Maru
PC Ch 15
PC Shonan Maru #17
PG Magan Maru
PG Kongosan Maru
PG Hayakafuku Maru
PC Ishigaki
PC Kunashiri
PC Hachijo

Allied Ships
SS Argonaut, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 111,70

Japanese Ships
SS I-8

Allied Ships
DD Chew, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Litchfield
DD Schley
DD Ward

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coastal Guns at Menado, 39,67, firing at TF 95
TF 95 troops unloading over beach at Menado, 39,67


1200 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
CL Kashima
PG Keijo Maru
PG Choan Maru #2
PG Takunan Maru #10
PG Seikai Maru, Shell hits 2
PG Heijo Maru

Japanese ground losses:
335 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 111,69

Japanese Ships
SS I-22

Allied Ships
DD Chew, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Wirraway x 2


no losses

Japanese Ships
CL Sendai

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Wirraway bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Uranami

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 22,50 Raver's boys at Singapore - unfazed by loosing so many swordfish last turn, have a go at my superior exp pilots and their superior planes on CAP as my TFs enter the Malacca straits (they've passed Singapore during the night). Indian ocean here they come. (Go Dandriff!!)

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 30
A6M2 Zero x 3

Allied aircraft
Swordfish x 3
Buffalo I x 11
Vildebeest IV x 18
Blenheim I x 6
Blenheim IV x 6
Hudson I x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
A5M4 Claude: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M2 Zero: 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Swordfish: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
Buffalo I: 5 destroyed, 3 damaged
Vildebeest IV: 14 destroyed, 4 damaged
Blenheim I: 1 damaged
Blenheim IV: 1 damaged
Hudson I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVE Taiyo
BB Ise
CVL Zuiho
BB Nagato
BB Hyuga
CVE Hosho
CVL Ryujo

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Blenheim IV bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
AK Yagi Maru
AK Uyo Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 31,72

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 13
G4M1 Betty x 15

no losses

Allied Ships
TK Angelina, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Taiping , at 23,45

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 21
Ki-48 Lily x 49
Ki-15 Babs x 1

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 3

no losses

no losses

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 9

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
12 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
18 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
10 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on Tuguegarao , at 46,50

Japanese aircraft
C5M Babs x 1
Ki-30 Ann x 27
Ki-15 Babs x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-30 Ann: 1 damaged


Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
27 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Wirraway x 2


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Yugiri

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Wirraway bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Khota Bharu at 24,45


Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 7
Blenheim I x 4
Blenheim IV x 5
Hudson I x 3


no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Usugumo
DD Murakumo
DD Shikinami

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim IV bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
2 x Blenheim IV bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at 40,61 - Raver's stranded troops on mindanao - waiting for the final blow (they're surrounded, next turn or the turn after this will all end).

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1268 troops, 7 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1922 troops, 9 guns, 0 vehicles



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Naga - he outnumbers me here a little bit.

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 8319 troops, 82 guns, 19 vehicles

Defending force 11895 troops, 131 guns, 7 vehicles



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Menado wont be long until its mine mine mine (plenty more troops disembarking for Raver's guns to masascre).

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1391 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 2905 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Tuguegarao Reinforcements on the way.

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 7939 troops, 50 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 11503 troops, 155 guns, 0 vehicles



Allied ground losses:
2 casualties reported
Guns lost 1


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Naga - reinforcements on the way.

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 5759 troops, 58 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 10810 troops, 87 guns, 19 vehicles


Japanese ground losses:
28 casualties reported
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
pad152
Posts: 2835
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: Me no understand...

Post by pad152 »

C5M Babs x 1
Ki-30 Ann x 27
Ki-15 Babs x 3

Ok, where both the C5M and Ki-15 called "Babs"?
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16749
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Me no understand...

Post by Mike Solli »

I believe the C5M was the navy version and the Ki-15, the army version of the same plane.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: Me no understand...

Post by Raverdave »

Ah so operation Dandy-riff is a sweep of the Indian Ocean eh? Well Bananananana boy is not going to find anything of value there as I sailed most of the British fleet south to Perth in preparation of a new operation in the DEI. So there is nothing in India apart from curry-munchers[:D] Hahahaha!
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: Me no understand...

Post by Luskan »

Dandriff has several simulatneous ops across the map. Don't think I didn't remember last game you stockpiled at Perth ;) You've only seen a third of Dandriff's stage 1.

Of course, you might have saved up enough political points to save lots of troops out of the DEI (hope not). Probably not a lot I can do to mess that up (maybe steal another airfield and move more betties and zeros in).
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
byron13
Posts: 1594
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Me no understand...

Post by byron13 »

My thoughts on Operation Dandriff: [>:]


All talk and no action. I'll believe it when I see it.
Image
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: Me no understand...

Post by bradfordkay »

It does seem a little flakey, doesn't it.[8D]
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Me no understand...

Post by fabertong »

It certainly leaves me scratching my head.....
User avatar
stubby331
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

RE: Me no understand...

Post by stubby331 »

Dave,
I think that your careless remark has just sentenced Perth to a rather unpleasant experience.

Remember "Loose Lips sink ships"....
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
User avatar
DoomedMantis
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

RE: Me no understand...

Post by DoomedMantis »

could operation Drandriff actually be an invasion of Perth me wonders
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
User avatar
stubby331
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

RE: Me no understand...

Post by stubby331 »

I just dont know Doomed....

But the suspense is killing me.
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Me no understand...

Post by mogami »

He is invading Seattle to destroy the Boeing plant. (city attack from CV against aircraft factories)
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
stubby331
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

RE: Me no understand...

Post by stubby331 »

ORIGINAL: Mogami

He is invading Seattle to destroy the Boeing plant. (city attack from CV against aircraft factories)

At last, a voice of reason!
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: Me no understand...

Post by Luskan »

All will be revealed in the fullness of time (especially since Raver's float plane deployments are so crap).

I do have plans for perth, but they for a much later stage of dandriff. besides - Doomed has experienced the most important part of operation dandriff already (I tested it on him first - worked like a charm - although it probably won't happen that way vs Raver, depending on where his cvs are).
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
DoomedMantis
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

RE: Me no understand...

Post by DoomedMantis »

Ah I know what he's up to now[:-]
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”