Dominions III

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Titanwarrior89
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
Location: arkansas
Contact:

RE: Dominions III

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Good luck! Yes it is the best. Been playing it since release. I am totally hooked on it. Don't play much Multi player though. Maybe I will.[:D]
ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Lol I'll probably be first one out. I don't really know what I'm doing yet, but, no better place to learn than against some other grogs. I plan to try to hide away and maybe nobody will notice me and then I can dominionate the map in a blinding flow of power since I set my dominion level quite high. ;)

OMG OMG OMG I just found a mod that allows you to play with over 64 players AI included. OMG OMG OMG what a great game. You really should get this game I don't approve many games you know. ;) I learn something new about this one everyday. The MP game has started. I'm scared. lol I just know someone is right on my borders I just know it, I'm going to get stomped. lol Hehe, but, nobody knows who I am so it doesn't matter. ;)
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Fredk
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:53 am

RE: Dominions III

Post by Fredk »

Wow...I might have to put on my wizard hat and give this a spin! [:'(]

Seriously though, I might actually buy this.
User avatar
BlackSunshine
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:16 pm

RE: Dominions III

Post by BlackSunshine »

How does this compare to Age of Wonders 2?  That is the best turnbased fantasy game ive played.
User avatar
Hertston
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:45 pm
Location: Cornwall, UK

RE: Dominions III

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: BlackSunshine

How does this compare to Age of Wonders 2?  That is the best turnbased fantasy game ive played.

Both are excellent, but of different styles. Dominions 3 is much closer in gameplay to the space '4X' games like Master of Orion or Galactic Civilizations than it is to the Age of Wonders or Heroes of Might and Magic games.

User avatar
Titanwarrior89
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
Location: arkansas
Contact:

RE: Dominions III

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

I think Age of wonders 2 shadow magic is excellent I bounce back and forth between it and Dominion 3 but like Hertston says it is of a different breed.[X(]
ORIGINAL: BlackSunshine

How does this compare to Age of Wonders 2?  That is the best turnbased fantasy game ive played.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
User avatar
Zap
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 am
Location: LAS VEGAS TAKE A CHANCE

RE: Dominions III

Post by Zap »

Its good for me when there is a consenses on a game. It makes me think that in its genre this game is one that meets most requirments for a classic. Almost makes me want to buy it.
User avatar
Tanaka
Posts: 5379
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:42 am
Location: USA
Contact:

RE: Dominions III

Post by Tanaka »

Yep I fell in love with this series. Dom III is a must have for turn based strategy gamers!
Image

Check out my mod for Strategic Command American Civil War!

https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=413785
User avatar
Plodder
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: New Zealand

RE: Dominions III

Post by Plodder »

I've been checking out the demo and playing through the tutorial. I haven't even scratched the surface and quite like it.Love the batle orders and formations. I'm thinking of getting this..
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
User avatar
Plodder
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: New Zealand

RE: Dominions III

Post by Plodder »

Well, I bit the bullet and bought it [:D]. Had to take advantage of the strong NZ dollar, US$66.45 = NZ$86 which is about what you pay here for a recent release anyway.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
pad152
Posts: 2835
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: Dominions III

Post by pad152 »

A good way to get this game at a reduced price is to trade in some of your old games at the NWS store for store credit.(http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/).

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”