nVidia Driver Disaster

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Post by Bing »

What I am getting from the forums such as RivaStation's and elsewhere is Detonator 23.11 is good for WinXP (don't know about Win2K or WinMe, no one seems to be running those). But not for Win98SE.

I also nosed around regarding the 27.70 drivers - betas from the French site that leaked them - and the results are mixed. So I didn't go to the bother of getting the special decompression utility - some of the new beta drivers are arriving with a ".rar" extension, which will not work with WinZip. You have to get a special utilitiy - why I have no idea. What is supposed to be wrong with WinZip?

Very rarely WinZip will miss installing to the correct sub-dir - but so could any other decompression utility. The possibility always exists for that type of error. I've never had it happen with WinZip - apparently others have.

Anyways, it is 22.80 for me for now and the foreseeable future. Got an OpenGL performance tweak preset from RivaTuner and it has really helped.

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”