[/align]
Ground and Air Operations
The Dutch, for some inane reason, seem to feel that, just because they've been in the Indies for 350 years, they are more qualified that I, the Grand Poo Bah, to conduct ground and air operations in this theatre. This, of course, is pure nonsence but, in the interests of Allied unity, I'll let them have their way.
Naval Operations
My only military experience was toting a BAR around some Korean hills way back when. So what I'm going to do is send all the allied surface warships to either Batavia or Soerabaja and then try to figure out what to do with them later. Any advice would be welcome.
Submarines will patrol Java Sea and the northern and western Borneo
ML - will lay mines and then attach to supply convoys
TKs - Will all proceed to either Palembang or Balikpapan, load oil and then go to Sydney via Perth. They will not unload at Perth.
APs - Will load supplies or fuel and head for Port Moresby or Gilli Gilli as needed. After they unload wherever they are going to unload they will be sent to San Francisco.
AKs - Ditto
The reasoning behind all this is that I want to supply PM and Gilli ASAP, and I want the use of these ships sooner rather than later. Until the Japanese take over Rabaul and Ms Betty makes her presence felt in the New Guinea area, passage through the straits between NG and OZ will be possible. After that, it's the long way around.
Just for drill, I consulted Bodhi's Utility to see what the difference in passage times is. Here's what I found for an AK making 12 knots
Batavia - Perth - Sydney = 23 days
Batavia - PM -Sydney = 19.5 days
Better yet, that AK can save another 7 days by heading to SF from Cairns rather than Sydney.
[align=center]

[/align]
























