Lost Victories features

Discuss likes and dislikes, get help and talk about MC tactics, AAR's, etc

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

User avatar
FlashfyreSP
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:39 am
Location: Combat Information Center
Contact:

RE: Lost Victories features

Post by FlashfyreSP »

roth

The ModSwapper program was introduced with 8.2; versions prior to this won't allow ModSwapping without doing so manually, i.e. copying all the files into the proper folders.

The MCs were built under various editions of the game; the first, Desert Fox, was done for 5.0, while others were done for later versions (I don't have any of the others, so I can't verify the versions). Most will work fine under 7.1, and should be tolerable with 8.0. But there have been reports of 'glitches' and odd unit problems when played with 8.2 or later versions.

That said, you could use one install of the game as a 7.1 version solely for MC playing, and then install a second, 8.403 version w/ModSwapper to do anything else. With the Swapper installed, you can use different Mods at will.
ImageImage
mamnich24
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:01 am

RE: Lost Victories features

Post by mamnich24 »

Dear Guys,
I recently bought the General's Edition. You say the mega campaigns will not work well unless using 7.1 ? Even the 2 most recent megas? If I need 7.1, where do I get it? And how would I get it to accept the General's edition material?
Thanks
Mike
User avatar
chief
Posts: 1617
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Haines City FL, USA

RE: Lost Victories features

Post by chief »

manmich: They should work OK using the version you recieved from Matrix in the General Edition folder, but if you upgrade to 8.3 or 8.4 or Enhanced, then you will have probs.  HTH
 
 
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

RE: Lost Victories features

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: chief

manmich: They should work OK using the version you recieved from Matrix in the General Edition folder, but if you upgrade to 8.3 or 8.4 or Enhanced, then you will have probs. HTH

He MAY have problems with some units displaying wrong Icons or having wrong weapons.
I would say for the most part using 8.3 should be ok.

Riun T
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:22 pm

RE: Lost Victories features

Post by Riun T »

heres a question for anyone to answer,could matrix and everybody in this forum;compile a place in the forum where we could trade,,, or purchase,,possibly,, any older versions of SPWAW that any members are willing to copy and exchange from as far back as the original SP?
I've only seen and played from ver.5.0 of WAW, and would be interested in getting all the previous versions of Steel panthers in general,, also how far back in versions will the campaign watcher work for?? and will CW work with the Mega-campaigns??
User avatar
FlashfyreSP
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:39 am
Location: Combat Information Center
Contact:

RE: Lost Victories features

Post by FlashfyreSP »

The first Mega, "Desert Fox", was actually built using SPWaW version 4.5.0.3; but 5.01 is the version included on the CD that I bought back when it first came out 5 years ago.

Versions prior to 5.0 were, if I remember correctly, much different than those after; it was the 5.0 "break" that saw a number of changes that we have grown accustomed to over the years. I believe I have a copy of the 4.5 patch somewhere on a CD...

Campaign Watcher won't work with the Megas because it operates by 'scanning' the Save files you create during gameplay; since the Megas work with a different Save feature, the file is different, and the CW program won't read it. Also, CW tracks your "core force" as it progresses; the Megas don't allow you to buy a core, they provide you with a force in each scenario, depending on your choices. The only real "core" you have is you...
ImageImage
blueduck
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Moreno Valley,Ca.

RE: Lost Victories features

Post by blueduck »

You can use the Campaign Watcher if you go into " My Computer" and move your save files to a new folder occasionally. I rename my nodes each time I start a new one eg."LV28a". Then just move them to a folder named LV under the megacmpaign saves folder, and you can have the Campaign Watcher use your new folder to see how your units are doing.
Post Reply

Return to “Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW”