ORIGINAL: Offworlder
One of my main 'problems' as an Allied player is how to use the Aircobra. It seems to be a sturdy enough fighter but is really a sitting duck for Japanese guns. The P-400 with 20 mm gun is a bit better and I have used it with decent results in the front lines. Its a pity that such a numerous fighter just sits there...
So how do you use the Aircobras (original version)?
Are later versions of '43 any better?
Truth is that for now I only employ them either as trainers or as CAP over ports which only Japanese bombers without escorts can reach. So any other ideas?
Thanks in advance!
To uses, both of them in the training role...
1. Set them to 90% train behind the lines, rotate your pilots to the reserve pool as they get to the point you want them.
2. Put them on the front lines as cap and let them train Japanese pilots (my favorite.) [:D]
While I'm being a bit humorous here, the Aircobra is just not good at dogfighting Japanese fighters. Ground attack might be a better role, or training.






