Allies in Scen 2

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
topeverest
Posts: 3381
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:47 am
Location: Houston, TX - USA

RE: Allies in Scen 2

Post by topeverest »

Jeff,

I am not sure if you are underway, but IMHO, you will do the same things.

I have played mainly as allies these last four years, in many cases with the empire far stronger than SC2...IMHO / IME mucho mucho cruiser led dd force raiding, a few well placed pre-planned CV defensive amphibious counterpulses, using the non-dud subs to great effect in DEI, and pulsing your air assets will slow the empire down just as much as historical. use empire over confidence as your primary weapon, and you will score a big victory within 2-4 months, one that will hurt enough to take you back to SC terms.

But, yes the enemy will get more of your bases / assets in the process. Be disciplined and dont fight when combat doesnt favor your force mix.

Expect the empire main effort to start much earlier. You have to either hedge Oz / india, or gamble and react if you guess wrong.

Andy M
User avatar
crsutton
Posts: 9590
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: Allies in Scen 2

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: Knyvet

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Oh yes they do. In scenario 2, JJ actually outstrips US carrier production in 1942. The USN gets a couple of 19 Kt CVE's in late 42 but that is it.

Have not checked the US side yet, but below are the IJN carriers - there is absolutly no difference between the databases for scen 1 and scen 2 when the carriers become available or how many are avilable to the IJN. Your recollection may be influenced if you play with variable arrival times. I also need to check the US side, maybe their carriers delays are different between the scens.



Image

Well, I am playing the scenario and have seen the complete roster of IJN carriers by 3/44. Including the 2nd Taiho in place of the Shinano. I am not sure but there may be some extra Amagi type carrier for the Japanese to play with as well. Some unfamiliar sounding CVEs and CVLs as well. It could be related to the boost to supply and production that Japan gets at the start of the game. But I don't really know. But I know what I am fighting.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
User avatar
crsutton
Posts: 9590
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: Allies in Scen 2

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: topeverest



Expect the empire main effort to start much earlier. You have to either hedge Oz / india, or gamble and react if you guess wrong.


This is sound advice. I would say India first as there is much more for the Japanese player to gain with Indian industry. I recommend the transfer of at least half a dozen American fighter units and some bombers on the first day of the war. My first impulse is to send the entire Australian I corps to India as well. If India is not invaded by 4/42 then you are pretty safe there and can start shifting troops to OZ. But if he goes for OZ early then you are going to lose most of it. Just don't panic. Oz offers a great place to make use of you superior armor later on.

Accept the fact that you might be fighting well into 1946.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”