My pet peves on SPWAW

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Gary Tatro
Posts: 1200
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:00 am
Location: MA, US

Post by Gary Tatro »

Originally posted by AbsntMndedProf
My pet peeve would actually be the fact that jets are not available for regular play vs AI. Two Tiger-Maus were built, and they are available. Towards the end of the war there were as many as 250 ME-262s opperating in the ETO at any given time, and they're not! :rolleyes:

Eric Maietta
Jets are available to the British. I have played a pBEM game with them it was set in 1948 I believe. I was able to purchase Vipers I think they were called. Speed of 25 I believe and carried two 1600 pound booms. Nice.:eek: Splash damage out to 4 hexes. :D
"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"
Gary Tatro
Posts: 1200
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:00 am
Location: MA, US

Interesting statistics

Post by Gary Tatro »

So far I have had 43 votes on my servey. 4 votes relating to Mega-campaigns, 8 votes relating to PBEM games and 31 votes relating to the adictivness of SPWAW in general. So through complexed mathamatical extrapolation I have come up with this thesis.
1) 10% of the SPWAW community has purchased and actually played the Mega-Campaigns. I would think they would be more AAR's. :( (Hey by the way go read mine in the Mega-campaign forum)

2) 19% of the SPWAW community plays SPWAW by PBEM on a regular basis. Why are there so few DAR's then?

3) 72% of the SPWAW are hopelessly addicted to SPWAW and need to join a help group.

4) 91% of the SPWAW community has not purchased a Mega-Campaign or has purchased one and does not play it. Shame on you. :o

Well that is all I can make up, I mean mathamatically calculate right now.
"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"
User avatar
Bernie
Posts: 1675
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:18 am
Location: Depot HQ - Virginia
Contact:

Re: Interesting statistics

Post by Bernie »

Originally posted by Gary Tatro
So far I have had 43 votes on my servey. 4 votes relating to Mega-campaigns, 8 votes relating to PBEM games and 31 votes relating to the adictivness of SPWAW in general. So through complexed mathamatical extrapolation I have come up with this thesis.
1) 10% of the SPWAW community has purchased and actually played the Mega-Campaigns. I would think they would be more AAR's. :( (Hey by the way go read mine in the Mega-campaign forum)

2) 19% of the SPWAW community plays SPWAW by PBEM on a regular basis. Why are there so few DAR's then?

3) 72% of the SPWAW are hopelessly addicted to SPWAW and need to join a help group.

4) 91% of the SPWAW community has not purchased a Mega-Campaign or has purchased one and does not play it. Shame on you. :o

Well that is all I can make up, I mean mathamatically calculate right now.
Number 3 above seems to indicate to me that the following might also be true:

5) The overwhelming majority of SP:WAW players are so hopelessly addicted to the game that nothing else runs on their computers... ever. Hence, they've never seen this poll, still think the "Net" is what you catch fish with, and seldom venture out of their basements. :)
What, me worry?
Irinami
Posts: 718
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:12 am
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Re: Interesting statistics

Post by Irinami »

Originally posted by Bernie


Number 3 above seems to indicate to me that the following might also be true:

5) The overwhelming majority of SP:WAW players are so hopelessly addicted to the game that nothing else runs on their computers... ever. Hence, they've never seen this poll, still think the "Net" is what you catch fish with, and seldom venture out of their basements. :)
Been reading Douglas Adams?

"The Universe:

Population: Zero.

Actually, there are quite a few people in the universe, but with an infinite universe and a finite number of populated planets, the population of the universe is essentially zero. Therefore any other inhabitants you meet are nothing but the product of a deranged imagination." Or something to that effect. :D
Image

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb
User avatar
Bernie
Posts: 1675
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:18 am
Location: Depot HQ - Virginia
Contact:

Re: Re: Re: Interesting statistics

Post by Bernie »

Originally posted by Irinami


Been reading Douglas Adams?

"The Universe:

Population: Zero.

Actually, there are quite a few people in the universe, but with an infinite universe and a finite number of populated planets, the population of the universe is essentially zero. Therefore any other inhabitants you meet are nothing but the product of a deranged imagination." Or something to that effect. :D
Just re-read "So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish" last week. :)
What, me worry?
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”