The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Hertston
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:45 pm
Location: Cornwall, UK

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Boomer78
I remember watching the battle of Caldari Prime (Eve: Online) on youtube. Holy god... it's just too much for me, so overwhelming, the idea of thousands of players blasting each other and their very expensive ships to pieces. I'm getting a little too old for that sort of thing, but it was amazing to watch.

Really good game. It just needs so much gaming time sunk into it to really get the best out of it - far more than I ever had.

Surprised nobody has mentioned MechWarrior Tactics yet.
User avatar
Mrtyphoon
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:07 pm
Location: United Kingdom

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Post by Mrtyphoon »

I'm afraid to say I am a Travian addict that one is not just a game it's a way of life :-(
User avatar
wings7
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Patrick,

The warthunder game http://warthunder.com/ is very similar to those who play world of tanks but its a different game then the new release of world of planes. It's free and the scenery is OUTSTANDING!!!!!! You can buy planes and you don't have to pay a DIME to play this game. The developers are working on getting the naval and land forces involved in the game from a human perspective. The AI land forces are very tough, tanks move on the battlefield as well as the naval forces. I have been shot down a number of times. At the present moment, team playing is not the greatest but you can invite friends to your game etc. I could write a large dissertation on this game but download it and you will love it. Look me up and i can get you on TS with other players.

Sounds quite good and I will definitely check it out [:)]...Thank You!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
User avatar
wings7
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: typhoon

I'm afraid to say I am a Travian addict that one is not just a game it's a way of life :-(

Wow, looks good! [:)] Another to definitely consider. Thanks!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
User avatar
Jim D Burns
Posts: 4004
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Salida, CA.

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Post by Jim D Burns »

It's not an online game, but Battle for Wesnoth is a good free strategy game.

Jim
User avatar
Gilmer
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Contact:

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Post by Gilmer »

It's not strategy, but I play Everquest Emu and I play on the classic server. It's not for the faint of heart that are experienced with World of Warcraft online. You lose levels and experience here and it can be a slog at times.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
User avatar
wings7
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

It's not an online game, but Battle for Wesnoth is a good free strategy game.

Jim

Jim, thank you for the link, another strategy game to check out! [:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
User avatar
wings7
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

It's not strategy, but I play Everquest Emu and I play on the classic server. It's not for the faint of heart that are experienced with World of Warcraft online. You lose levels and experience here and it can be a slog at times.

Kurt, It sounds challenging but isn't that a great quality of gaming, [X(] thank you!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”