Ice bucket challenge

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

RE: CHEERS TO MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Thank you Rhonda! [&o]

I just committed to $10/month to Doctors Without Borders. I don't care what forum policy may be regarding advertising in this momentary instance because I feel like the richest man alive just for being able to help those people who have DIED fighting ebola. Doctors and medical workers from their teams have DIED in this outbreak. I don't care if they take my money and go out and use it to buy a case of whiskey! THEY DESERVE A MILLION CASES OF ANYTHING THEY WANT FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!!

DRINKS ARE ON ME MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES!!!

[&o]
[&o] [&o]
[&o] [&o] [&o]
[&o] [&o] [&o] [&o]

EDIT: Here's the link again for donating for anyone interested: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/?ref=donate-header

Thank You! You just helped make my day :)
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: CHEERS TO MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by GaryChildress »

See I told you I'm the richest man alive now! [;)]
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

CHEERS TO MEDICINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by GaryChildress »

This guy in the pic below can go sit in the lizard lounge at the airport with the rest of the losers now while I show him how it's done.

[:D]

ORIGINAL: szmike

this

Image
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: CHEERS TO MEDICINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by GaryChildress »

Well, I guess I'm not so rich after all. But that's OK. I'm happy. Doctors Without Borders is a good cause. That's all I can ask for... [:)]
User avatar
Zap
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 am
Location: LAS VEGAS TAKE A CHANCE

RE: CHEERS TO MEDICINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by Zap »

Firefighter dies from the Ice Bucket challenge.
User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

RE: CHEERS TO MEDICINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Well, I guess I'm not so rich after all. But that's OK. I'm happy. Doctors Without Borders is a good cause. That's all I can ask for... [:)]

Exactly! And unlike nearly all other charities after your money, I can rarely go even one day without something popping up in the news that includes a mention of their work in various hot spots around the world... Syria, Iraq, the nations struck by Ebola, and so many others. It makes me sad to see how much their assistance is needed, but so proud to know that I've played some tiny part in their work with my donations [:)]

I like reading their newsletters that I get periodically with pictures and details of their front line work. I often wonder how they find so many medical personnel to staff their operations. It takes real courage to go into some of these areas, but their doctors and nurses are in there putting their lives on the line. This has been especially true in dealing with the Ebola crisis with medical staff getting infected :(

I've never seen a breakout of their staffing by nationality. I have to wonder how many Americans are involved compared with staff from other countries. I would hope we're well represented, but wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that American personnel were too tied up with student loan debt to be able to donate their services :(
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: CHEERS TO MEDICINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Well, I guess I'm not so rich after all. But that's OK. I'm happy. Doctors Without Borders is a good cause. That's all I can ask for... [:)]

And unlike nearly all other charities after your money, I can rarely go even one day without something popping up in the news that includes a mention of their work in various hot spots around the world... Syria, Iraq, the nations struck by Ebola, and so many others.

[:)]
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: CHEERS TO MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Zap

Firefighter dies from the Ice Bucket challenge.


[&:]
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33489
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: CHEERS TO MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
ORIGINAL: Zap

Firefighter dies from the Ice Bucket challenge.


[&:]
Here you can read up on the risks with such trends as this challenge.

Edit: First link is to the firefighter story.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/ ... KN20140920
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... lenge.html
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11294023
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Bucket ... alth_risks


Apparently it is a waste of water as well.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08 ... y-thought/
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: CHEERS TO MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
ORIGINAL: Zap

Firefighter dies from the Ice Bucket challenge.


[&:]
Here you can read up on the risks with such trends as this challenge.

Edit: First link is to the firefighter story.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/ ... KN20140920
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... lenge.html
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11294023
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Bucket ... alth_risks


Apparently it is a waste of water as well.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08 ... y-thought/

Ah. Thank you for the clarification Orm. [&o]
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33489
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: CHEERS TO MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by Orm »

I like your new signature, Gary. [&o] [&o] [&o]



Very nice that Matrix and Slitherine gave their permission as well. [:)]

It is so good that I am almost green with envy. [;)]

With the Ebola crisis the need is great and Doctors Without Borders do a lot of good.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: CHEERS TO MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Orm

I like your new signature, Gary. [&o] [&o] [&o]



Very nice that Matrix and Slitherine gave their permission as well. [:)]

It is so good that I am almost green with envy. [;)]

With the Ebola crisis the need is great and Doctors Without Borders do a lot of good.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/


Hi Orm, I asked as nice as I could to VPaulus, he told me he checked through channels and that it was approved for me to do so. [&o]
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”