Pc Up Front !!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Been there actually, but this says it all for Consimworld.

"Updated 16 April 02"

Last time their news saw any attention was a year ago.

Sorry, but I have no use for any site that has that little regular interest.

They were where the actual people at MMP directed me too.

But I had signed up at that time, and found the site was A not easy to navigate, and B saturated in stale posts the like of which place Consimworld at the bottom of the heap for usefulness (to me at least).

They are possibly useful to mainstream gaming (I stress possibly, with reservations).

Clearly, if a person likes ASL and actually wants to buy ASL then of course the official MMP site is all you need.

If you want to discuss ASL though, you will score more useful comments on a forum that actually has fans that are actually posting in the here and now.

I have found ASLers at Matrix, Wargamer, Battlefront, and a few other locations.

Being directed to Consimeworld though (for ASL) is the same as being told "you're on your own mate".
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Challerain
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Mansfield, Texas

Hmmm

Post by Challerain »

Les, I'm not sure what site you are looking at, but I just checked the link I posted and there are news updates from yessterday (maybe when you access the site you are using an old cached copy of the page, try hitting reload). Anyway, there are lots of recent posts in the ASL folder as well as the MMP folder.
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Just got my new account verified, I will spend some time geting a fresh look.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Hmm maybe I am going to have to ask you to post a specific link to something actually current then.

I went there looked up company, and got a message dated 1999.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Challerain
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Mansfield, Texas

Post by Challerain »

If I remember correctly, the first time you enter a forum in puts you at the oldest messages. Towards the bottom there are a few buttons (more, recent, all). Click on recent to get the latest or more to scroll forward.
User avatar
Veldor
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:32 am
Location: King's Landing

Post by Veldor »

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
Hmm maybe I am going to have to ask you to post a specific link to something actually current then.

I went there looked up company, and got a message dated 1999.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.


There are more recent posts, just that the site uses the worst forum software in history and many posts read more like a chat script than any sort of thoughtful statements...
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

That is it basically, worst message experience I have encountered.

I suppose I am spoiled. Been to long here at Matrix. To used to a forum experience that is done right.

Consimworld is a source for a lot of things, but easy to access easy to use information, no I don't think so.
Even my local newspaper dispenses news better.

If MMP finds consimworld acceptable, then MMP is just not interested in a dynamic forum experience.

Hey just because they have one of the best wargames of my entire wargaming life, doesn't mean they have a clue how to handle making their wargame a household name.

MMP could with a snap of their fingers be running a site like Matrix. But the owners have to want it that way.

If Matrix continues to chart the course they are charting, I see Matrix being a dominant name in wargaming in a few years.
It's hard work, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Challerain
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Mansfield, Texas

Post by Challerain »

I said the info was there, not that it was easy to get :)

I happen to agree with you on the message format; it is very hard to follow.

I'll have to ask them why they don't have their own forum.
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

If you are meaning to ask MMP why they do not have a "forum" of their own, already done that.
MMP seems to think that Consimworld's option is adequate.

Always boggles me how some people think.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
User avatar
Veldor
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:32 am
Location: King's Landing

Post by Veldor »

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
If you are meaning to ask MMP why they do not have a "forum" of their own, already done that.
MMP seems to think that Consimworld's option is adequate.

Always boggles me how some people think.


My money goes to someone at MMP being good friends with someone at Consimworld..

It's quite fitting though.. People living in the 80's using technology that looks like its from the 80's :)
Challerain
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Mansfield, Texas

Post by Challerain »

I don't think that is the case, but you never know.

I'll still ask about the forum next week; can't hurt to ask again, eh?
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”