Mmmmm..... I don't know, there's something not quite right about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it.......[:D]
Yeah, I loved it when the P-38's arrived on the scene as the cavalry and saved the day!
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
Mmmmm..... I don't know, there's something not quite right about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it.......[:D]
ORIGINAL: Rusty1961
Yeah, the interest in WW2 movies has been waning for a long time. People just don't care about as much as when we were young. So you had better lower your expectations of "Saving Private Ryan" quality movies ever being produced again and just enjoy what we get.
The complete destruction of Manila would be a good topic ... even without a dragon.ORIGINAL: Ian R
ORIGINAL: Rusty1961
Yeah, the interest in WW2 movies has been waning for a long time. People just don't care about as much as when we were young. So you had better lower your expectations of "Saving Private Ryan" quality movies ever being produced again and just enjoy what we get.
Apparently Tarantino has signed up to do, not the next Star Trek, but #5 in the reboot. It will be the first R rated one.
Perhaps in the meantime he could be persuaded to do a Pacific war film, with his usual homage to, in this case, Japanese cinema.
Something horrible and pointless would be a good topic for him. Peleliu, or second Tarakan or something.
Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”

