Motorization TIP

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.

Moderator: Joel Billings

User avatar
GibsonPete
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:53 am

RE: Motorization TIP

Post by GibsonPete »

I made a suggestion in a previous post that temp motorization be made an option in the preference or options menu. Would that satisfy 'trust' issues and allow all the freedom to play the way they wish.
“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
User avatar
Seminole
Posts: 2253
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:56 am

RE: Motorization TIP

Post by Seminole »

IMHO, motorizing an FBD is an exploit an expensive exploit but still an exploit.

It's an oversight by the devs that didn't come up in testing (plenty of testers have commented in this thread already).

There isn't a reasonable explanation that providing some trucks to an FBD is going to make them work 3x faster.

I would be disappointed in an opponent exploiting this.

I suspect it will be resolved soon in a patch.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
Aurelian
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

RE: Motorization TIP

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

The problem is you're leaving it up to trusting some random person. I get people can say "well if you don't trust your opponent then don't play them", well playing MP in this game is a huge time investment. I'm not going to play with someone I only met on the internet if they can abuse an exploit and potentially waste dozens of hours of my time. And I don't know anyone in real life who plays this game, so.....

I think it's a really piss-poor excuse to just lay it on the players for something this serious. There's a reason why competitive games have anti-exploit systems and mechanisms in their games. At a minimum give us an option in the settings to disable it so you have know going into a game it can't be utilized.

Disable or remove it entirely.
Building a new PC.
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Motorization TIP

Post by Joel Billings »

An obvious bug caused by the fact that FBD units are the only non-motorized HQs in the game, so no one thought to put a block on motorizing a not-motorized HQ. We will block it. Players should not do it.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”