Which Zero is the Best?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
jdsrae
Posts: 2796
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Gandangara Country

RE: Which Zero is the Best?

Post by jdsrae »

In my first pbem I went 2,5c,8 with Sam on the way.
I prioritised armour and firepower over range as drop tanks give the escorts the range they need.
If it’s PDU Off, the A6M8!
Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655
User avatar
Q-Ball
Posts: 7856
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:43 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

RE: Which Zero is the Best?

Post by Q-Ball »

I'm on Scenario 28, which is Scenario 1 except Refineries do not produce supply. As such, in #28 supply preservation is a high priority. Toward that end, I am probably going with A6M5 and stop, with a large research effort on the A7M for late war.

Getting the A6M5 is cheap; 4 factories, and that's also all I'll need for production.

Researching the A6M8 I think requires more factories than that.
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”