Fixing China

Moderator: Hubert Cater

Chernobyl
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:51 am

RE: Fixing China

Post by Chernobyl »

Other possible tweaks:

-Japan could lose 1 level of Infantry Weapons tech (change to 1 chit currently being researched) but gain Infantry Warfare to start. Not sure if this makes Japan overall stronger or weaker initially in China and I'd have to test it, but Japanese troops having a morale advantage feels more historical to me than giving them top tier infantry weapons (which they never actually had). Japan begins with 10 upgraded land units and 12 unupgraded land units (corps, army, SF). Any upgraded land unit the Chinese manage to destroy early in the war would be a slightly bigger win for China (no upgrade available on buyback). Assuming this does make Japan weaker overall on offense, it feels right to me.

-As Laurenz suggests, perhaps the super high experience Japanese armies should be toned down a bit

-Kind of off topic but I would also boost Japan's navy to start. Particularly Heavy Cruisers are low compared to what they actually had (seriously they had 20 CA historically but only get one CA unit in this game). Kongo should really be two BC and not one BB. I could be wrong (wouldn't want to unbalance things for the worse) but I feel the Allies have relatively easy naval supremacy and the Japanese fleet is a bit puny. I think it could be fun to make their surface navy more scary (while at the same time making China tougher to break and leaving Japan just as vulnerable to subs). I see in some MP games the allies wind up able to rule the Pacific (crowd DEI convoy route with surface vessels) pretty early which wasn't close to what happened historically.
Post Reply

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”