6/18 Development Status Report

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by Mr.Frag »

Is the maual going to be printed or is it another trip to Kinkos?

Trip somewhere. It's over 300 pages.
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by bradfordkay »

Is the maual going to be printed or is it another trip to Kinkos?

I'm assuming that the Kinko's Document Center will have it, like the one for UV and Korsun Pocket. When UV was orignally released,there wasn't this agreement with Matrix and my local Kinko's quoted me something to the tume of $100 to print it in color and give it a three ring binder. Now I can get a spiral bound one for less than $15, I believe. You may want to wait until you see the manual listed on Matrix's Kinko's Doc Center page.
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
tigercub
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:25 pm
Location: brisbane oz

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by tigercub »

release the hounds!! or even the game.......mabe if i get a few beers into me i willnot think about it...bullsh**....quick get the beer anyway. looking for a good player ta face aswell..takers?
Image
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
User avatar
52nd Lowland
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:38 pm

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by 52nd Lowland »

Notice that Kinkos has a website for Britain...wonder how much it would cost to get the manual printed out over here.What exactly is done with this service if any one has used it before ?
User avatar
Fallschirmjager
Posts: 3555
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by Fallschirmjager »

ORIGINAL: 52nd Lowland

Notice that Kinkos has a website for Britain...wonder how much it would cost to get the manual printed out over here.What exactly is done with this service if any one has used it before ?

I got my UV manual printed out and sent to me. I went through the doc stroe and picked the crush resistent binder that can lay flat. They sent me a B&W manual with clear plastic over the front page and black plastic for the back cover.
It was very well done and the price was fair.
I hope they offer both WiTP manuals with that method. I would indeed buy them.
User avatar
stubby331
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by stubby331 »

I reckon you guys are going to have one hell of a party once this monster's released huh...

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
Damien Thorn
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:20 am

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by Damien Thorn »

One concern: Will the new thing you did to the sound files make if impossible for us to substitute our own? Is it some sort of propriatary compression you are using now?
shoevarek
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 9:21 pm

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by shoevarek »

One concern: Will the new thing you did to the sound files make if impossible for us to substitute our own? Is it some sort of propriatary compression you are using now?

I think in one of the threads Mike Wood said they switched all music to mp3. Nothing should stop you from replacing the music files.
User avatar
afspret
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:05 pm
Location: Hanahan, SC

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by afspret »

Great, but for those of us who can't make it to Origins and are stuck with the ancient dial-up connections, when can we expect it to be in stores, or available for purchase from Matrix?
John E. McCallum
User avatar
GBirkn
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 11:54 am
Location: the briny deep

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by GBirkn »

If I remember correctly: It's not going to be in stores. They'll have mail order available "a few days" after Origins.
"War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say let's give them all they want." -- Gen. W. T. Sherman
User avatar
captskillet
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 pm
Location: Louisiana & the 2007 Nat Champ LSU Fightin' Tigers

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by captskillet »

Will any of the old ship art files, weather icons etc. that we D'loaded for UV hsppen to work with WiTP??????

And once again to all the guys who developed, tested or whatever on WiTP.......[&o][&o][&o]
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Image
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by Mr.Frag »

Will any of the old ship art files, weather icons etc. that we D'loaded for UV hsppen to work with WiTP??????

Nope but it is a simple matter to change the bmp files in the art directory to whatever.
User avatar
denisonh
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Upstate SC

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by denisonh »

Hey Sonny,

Are you gonna pick up a copy for me too? Be difficult for us to start a campaign PBEM without the software[:D]
ORIGINAL: Sonny

It better be ready by Origins. I'm making the trip just to purchase it there.

(also I want to see if you guys are as ugly as I've heard[X(][:D]).
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
Sonny
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:51 pm

RE: 6/18 Development Status Report

Post by Sonny »

ORIGINAL: denisonh

Hey Sonny,

Are you gonna pick up a copy for me too? Be difficult for us to start a campaign PBEM without the software[:D]
ORIGINAL: Sonny

It better be ready by Origins. I'm making the trip just to purchase it there.

(also I want to see if you guys are as ugly as I've heard[X(][:D]).

Yep. I was just gonna email you today.
I guess you got a new email address since we last played.
Send me your email address to sonny25@cox.net or your phone number and I will get in touch when I get back. (Or send me your home address and I will mail it to you.)

I'm not gonna get there until Friday afternoon so I hope they still have a few copies left by then.
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”