How WitP runs in XP?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Grouchy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Nuenen, Noord-Brabant, Nederland
Contact:

RE: How WitP runs in XP?

Post by Grouchy »

Well, I dumped the Ti 4200, and toyed with the game; delays are gone now [:)]
Somehow I think in an earlier stadium I overlooked the agperture settings.
Image
User avatar
2Stepper
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:16 pm
Location: North Burbs of Omaha
Contact:

RE: How WitP runs in XP?

Post by 2Stepper »

ORIGINAL: Rocco
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Memry doesn't help, cpu speed is everything in this game. Having a slower box is going to make you feel the sorts and shuffles. [;)]

What would be a good speed processor to run without the pauses? I thought 1.7 Ghz Athlon would be plenty, but I believe I can upgrade it to as much as 2.2 or so and would be willing to fork out the cash to do it [:D] but would it be worth it, would the trouble go away?

Thanks

Rocco

I'm running a 2.0ghtz AMD Athlon 64/3000 chip. Bugger flys... Yet I STILL Get some delays... Course I'm still playing with delay settings to make them idea. Biggest delay I had to lengthen was the map scroll. Was so fast at first it was almost unplayable. LOL!
Image
"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”