how far?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

pad152
Posts: 2835
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: how far?

Post by pad152 »

Jan 16, 1942

No BBs sunk at PH but the Japanese wiped out my aircraft, which still have not recoved, they didn't sink anything, but they damaged over 28 ships


Lost Wake first day, I'm trying to take it back, my carriers just sank a TF trying to reinforce Wake! I'm landing 34th RCT, wish I brought more troops.

Lost Malaya, Burma

I stripped the Dutch but the Japanese AI seems very slow to take the resource area.

Taking 3 bases in China, lost 2

Best yet, The Repulse sank the Mogami!

Allies 26 ships (1BC,2CL,3DD,1ML 2SS, rest AK,Tk)
Japanes 60 ships (1CA, 2CL,6DD, 1ML 6SS, rest AK,AP)
Black Cat
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:46 pm

RE: how far?

Post by Black Cat »

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

Black Cat, apparently the scenario you're playing has US/Jap relations breaking down nearly an entire year earlier! Did the Japs still do the surprise attack on PH thingie back in '40? [;)] [:D]


Of course it`s Feb `42[:o] I seem to have lost track of timeeeeeeeeeeee[:D]
Hatamoto
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 4:30 am
Location: near Munich/Germany

RE: how far?

Post by Hatamoto »

USN Feb 42

Trying 2 or 3 strikes at Kwajalein seems to be a good idea. Cost me about 20 planes each time (most Wildcats), but sank BB Mutsu, 2 CL, 4 DD, 3 AK, 1PC! AI carriers never seemed to stay in central pacific, AI seems to tend to use them in DEI instead. Caused a lot of havoc there - so I finally restarted the campaign, pulling my naval forces out a bit earlier and using a different tactic in PI and Malaya.
John B
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:22 pm

RE: how far?

Post by John B »

Interesting evidence there how much the AI varys its moves in different games. I'm in February as well, and hardly anything at Kwajalein. BBMutsu, for example, is definitely operating as part of a large force of heavy ships in the DI.
John
User avatar
Titanwarrior89
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
Location: arkansas
Contact:

RE: how far?

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

March 42 and PI,Burma and most of the DEI have fallen. Landed way early on the canal! Nothing from them yet. I have sunk about 100 of their ships (cargo mainly) and lost about 26 or so. Its been fairly quiet in the S. Pacific area.[:)]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”