Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
Hmmmn,
A bad day off Davio 4 Jap CVL and CVE damaged....and a destroyer rippedup........only saving grace was 4 torps into the Big E.I have all my planes stuck on a damaged carrier....at what damage level can airops.....or air transfer occur again?
Also....turn after Enterprise was torpedoed i thought i'd seen it sink.....but its not on the sunk ships list......anyone see false reports? Yes FOG is on........
A bad day off Davio 4 Jap CVL and CVE damaged....and a destroyer rippedup........only saving grace was 4 torps into the Big E.I have all my planes stuck on a damaged carrier....at what damage level can airops.....or air transfer occur again?
Also....turn after Enterprise was torpedoed i thought i'd seen it sink.....but its not on the sunk ships list......anyone see false reports? Yes FOG is on........
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
Sounds good, but problem is twofold:ORIGINAL: Mogami
Hi, Ah you came close. Once you got the parent on map you should have moved the fragments to where it was. They would have combined and then you would not have needed to disband the groups.
1. I already moved the fragment, thus moving it again is not an option.
2. once I close the window of the main unit I can't access it again, as the main unit does not really appear on the map.
Upon the transfer of the fragment, the window of the main unit pops up automatically and this is the only case when I have access to it. It even works for my Kate fragments still on map, with the exception that I do not get the option to disband those [&:]
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
ORIGINAL: Tophat
Hmmmn,
A bad day off Davio 4 Jap CVL and CVE damaged....and a destroyer rippedup........only saving grace was 4 torps into the Big E.I have all my planes stuck on a damaged carrier....at what damage level can airops.....or air transfer occur again?
Also....turn after Enterprise was torpedoed i thought i'd seen it sink.....but its not on the sunk ships list......anyone see false reports? Yes FOG is on........
When you dock in Davao you should be able to unload airgroups. Worked for me with one CV in Tulagi, iirc.
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
Hi, You can move airgroups more then once.
OK I misunderstood I thought you were getting the main unit on the map.
I see the same thing you do with my fragments.
OK I misunderstood I thought you were getting the main unit on the map.
I see the same thing you do with my fragments.
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
- Dutchgy2000
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:32 am
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
ORIGINAL: Tophat
Hmmmn,
A bad day off Davio 4 Jap CVL and CVE damaged....and a destroyer rippedup........only saving grace was 4 torps into the Big E.I have all my planes stuck on a damaged carrier....at what damage level can airops.....or air transfer occur again?
Also....turn after Enterprise was torpedoed i thought i'd seen it sink.....but its not on the sunk ships list......anyone see false reports? Yes FOG is on........
Yep... that´s the whole point of FOG... i was only (reasonably) happy a few weeks (game time) after i lost Soryu when suddenly 2 british carriers turned up on the sunk list in return... thought they made it.
Our business in the field of fight, Is not to question, but to prove our might.
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
going to be awhile before i dock in Davao as there are some rather nasty SBD pilots without a carrier indscriminantly dropping 1000lbs bombs on anything that floats flying a meatball!
Heck there are even seaplanes dropping 100lbs bombs on my to add insult to injury!
Well the hounds have been loosed on the Great Big E hunt...........she can't go far fast except in the vertical plane......[:'(]
Heck there are even seaplanes dropping 100lbs bombs on my to add insult to injury!
Well the hounds have been loosed on the Great Big E hunt...........she can't go far fast except in the vertical plane......[:'(]
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
The Big E finally reached an ABDA size 2 port and docked, so I was able to unload the aircraft. They immediately changed to ABDA control. The next turn the Big E finally sank, and all of the fragmented planes reverted to "Independent" control. (The original fragments had stayed under ABDA or USAFFE control for the couple of days in which the Big E was steaming to port.) Now the next weird thing happened:
- I could transfer the Wildcat and Dauntless fragments that I had unloaded to any reachable base, but the Devestators would only "recognize" ABDA bases
- I could still only transfer the Wildcat and Dauntless fragments at the other ABDA base (where they originally flew) to another ABDA base, and the Wildcat and Dauntless fragments at the USAFFE base (where they originally flew) to another USAFFE base.
It's as if the base association only happened at the screen level and not in the data base.
The one thing about the Devestators is that they never fly during the battle, so they didn't get a chance to fragment originally.
I can't understand why this has to be so complicated.
Dave Baranyi
- I could transfer the Wildcat and Dauntless fragments that I had unloaded to any reachable base, but the Devestators would only "recognize" ABDA bases
- I could still only transfer the Wildcat and Dauntless fragments at the other ABDA base (where they originally flew) to another ABDA base, and the Wildcat and Dauntless fragments at the USAFFE base (where they originally flew) to another USAFFE base.
It's as if the base association only happened at the screen level and not in the data base.
The one thing about the Devestators is that they never fly during the battle, so they didn't get a chance to fragment originally.
I can't understand why this has to be so complicated.
Dave Baranyi
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
the Devastators are so short ranged I don't think they can get anywhere else at the moment.In the carrier battle/Turkey shoot you were a hex out of range for those slugs to get into it. Impressive you made it to Ambonia with 4 torps in you.......
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
The "saga" continues, as does my confusion. Okay, I'm at the next turn. The ex-Big E planes are back assigned to their local base HQs, except for the fighters that I moved to Oz. I "clicked" on the planes in Davao and they said "USAFFE". I then clicked on "transfer" and "select a base on the map" (or whatever it says). I tried to transfer the planes to Ambonia, but they wouldn't go. But when I came back to the aircraft screen, it now said "Independent"! Huh??? I then tried moving them again, but they wouldn't transfer even though they stayed assigned to "Independent".
I backed out of the screen, then went back in - the planes were back to being assigned to USAFFE. Huh???? (again) I tried the transfer again, and they showed "Independent", but when I backed out of the base they reverted to USAFFE. Tres etrange...
I then went in again and changed them to "Southwest Pacific". It seemed to work, so I tried to transfer them to Ambonia, and this time they did it. But when I finished the transfer a screen came up with a different quantity of planes which were assigned to "Independent". HUH????
I then got an idea and looked at the planes that I had transfered to Oz the previous turn. Sure enough, the numbers matched. Somehow, when I clicked on the fragments that I had transferred to Ambonia, the system was showing me that more planes were around. So I transferred a group of the fighters from Oz, and presto-whammo, they mergered into the Independent group and the recently changed Southwest Pacific fragment disappeared!!!
I did that with the the dive bombers and the same thing happened. But I couldn't do that with the Devestators because I didn't have any in Oz. So next turn I'll see if the fighters and Dauntlesses have stayed under "Independent" and try to figure out what to do with the Devestators.
You know, this is way too much of a pain in the a$$ for what is supposed to be a war game. I feel like I'm playing a D&D game in which you have to figure out the correct order to find items before you can unlock the next level.
Dave Baranyi
I backed out of the screen, then went back in - the planes were back to being assigned to USAFFE. Huh???? (again) I tried the transfer again, and they showed "Independent", but when I backed out of the base they reverted to USAFFE. Tres etrange...
I then went in again and changed them to "Southwest Pacific". It seemed to work, so I tried to transfer them to Ambonia, and this time they did it. But when I finished the transfer a screen came up with a different quantity of planes which were assigned to "Independent". HUH????
I then got an idea and looked at the planes that I had transfered to Oz the previous turn. Sure enough, the numbers matched. Somehow, when I clicked on the fragments that I had transferred to Ambonia, the system was showing me that more planes were around. So I transferred a group of the fighters from Oz, and presto-whammo, they mergered into the Independent group and the recently changed Southwest Pacific fragment disappeared!!!
I did that with the the dive bombers and the same thing happened. But I couldn't do that with the Devestators because I didn't have any in Oz. So next turn I'll see if the fighters and Dauntlesses have stayed under "Independent" and try to figure out what to do with the Devestators.
You know, this is way too much of a pain in the a$$ for what is supposed to be a war game. I feel like I'm playing a D&D game in which you have to figure out the correct order to find items before you can unlock the next level.
Dave Baranyi
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
I am not sure I understand, is it supposed for CV airgroups to change their HQ whenever they land on ground airfield? If so, would it be possible to include independent HQ in "select new HQ" list, of course only for CV trained squadrons?
I've had most of my CV squadrons change their HQs, although they never left ships, they were on CVs disbanded in bases where area HQ was.
I want my CV groups to be independent, even if it meant nothing... [8|]
I've had most of my CV squadrons change their HQs, although they never left ships, they were on CVs disbanded in bases where area HQ was.
I want my CV groups to be independent, even if it meant nothing... [8|]
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
ORIGINAL: ADavidB
The "saga" continues, as does my confusion. Okay, I'm at the next turn. The ex-Big E planes are back assigned to their local base HQs, except for the fighters that I moved to Oz. I "clicked" on the planes in Davao and they said "USAFFE". I then clicked on "transfer" and "select a base on the map" (or whatever it says). I tried to transfer the planes to Ambonia, but they wouldn't go. But when I came back to the aircraft screen, it now said "Independent"! Huh??? I then tried moving them again, but they wouldn't transfer even though they stayed assigned to "Independent".
I backed out of the screen, then went back in - the planes were back to being assigned to USAFFE. Huh???? (again) I tried the transfer again, and they showed "Independent", but when I backed out of the base they reverted to USAFFE. Tres etrange...
I then went in again and changed them to "Southwest Pacific". It seemed to work, so I tried to transfer them to Ambonia, and this time they did it. But when I finished the transfer a screen came up with a different quantity of planes which were assigned to "Independent". HUH????
I then got an idea and looked at the planes that I had transfered to Oz the previous turn. Sure enough, the numbers matched. Somehow, when I clicked on the fragments that I had transferred to Ambonia, the system was showing me that more planes were around. So I transferred a group of the fighters from Oz, and presto-whammo, they mergered into the Independent group and the recently changed Southwest Pacific fragment disappeared!!!
I did that with the the dive bombers and the same thing happened. But I couldn't do that with the Devestators because I didn't have any in Oz. So next turn I'll see if the fighters and Dauntlesses have stayed under "Independent" and try to figure out what to do with the Devestators.
You know, this is way too much of a pain in the a$$ for what is supposed to be a war game. I feel like I'm playing a D&D game in which you have to figure out the correct order to find items before you can unlock the next level.
Dave Baranyi
Hi, Congratulations young Padawan Learner. In another galaxy far far away we have a war much like your Pacific War. The game is a devise concocted to find those worthy of commanding our fleets. You have passed the test. A ship will be arriving for you shortly.[X(]
When groups fragment after you access a fragment the sceen shows the parent unit. even when the parent no longer exists. It is quite confusing.
You can always load airgroups onto a ship (AK) if their range will not allow them to transfer via air.
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
When groups fragment after you access a fragment the sceen shows the parent unit. even when the parent no longer exists. It is quite confusing.
Hmmm - that's an odd "feature"...
In any event, all of the fragments and whole groups remained in place and with "Independent" as their HQs the next turn. So I was able to fly the remaining fragments of Wildcats and Dauntlesses in Ambonia to Darwin where they reunited with their breathren. Even more impressive was that the Devestators were now willing to fly and are thus taking the "scenic" route to join their former shipmates in Oz for a bar-b to celebrate sinking one CVE and heavily damaging another CVE and 2 CVLs. (Not that the Devestators actually participated in the attacks.)
I still wonder at all this...[8|]
Dave
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
******NOTE*******A sub did put a torp into the CVE,or was it two...anyway that really sealed her fate.
RE: Grounded Carrier Planes Changing Headquarters
ORIGINAL: Tophat
******NOTE*******A sub did put a torp into the CVE,or was it two...anyway that really sealed her fate.
You're correct, but if the planes hadn't slowed her down, the US subs would have never gotten close to her. (Hey, I've got to cheer my flyboys somehow...[;)])
Dave




