E3 Booth Babes

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Neilster
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia

RE: E3 Booth Babes

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: jchastain

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Speaking of The Land Down Under, what other people refer to as flip-flops, we Australians have always referred to as thongs.

And Aussies in the US are a bit surprised that the cheerleaders freely admit they root for their team. [;)]

And "fanny" has a different meaning, causing much sniggering in the back row when a female American tourist says something like "I'll put it in my fanny bag".

Speaking of rooting, when my very innocent mother was engaged to dad, she was once asked by a friend if she had any trouble sleeping on very warm nights. Mum, describing how she is very restless, replied...

"Oh I root and root and root until I finally get off"

Dad was shaking and holding his nose, desperately attempting to suppress the laughter.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
User avatar
Dan Verssen
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:16 am
Contact:

RE: E3 Booth Babes

Post by Dan Verssen »

For those like me, who need some help...

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

I'm rooting for ya! :)

-Dan Verssen
www.dvg.com
-Dan Verssen
Dan Verssen Games (DVG)
www.dvg.com
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”